videos?

Korahn - Sanctuary
Korahn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2009 in The Fanatics Forum
I knew you could do screenshots on this game, but how do you do videos?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Flying into the sky on wings white as pearl......
Post edited by Korahn - Sanctuary on

Comments

• roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think you need to use a program called fraps or something. ( or some other program that is similar to that )

http://www.fraps.com/

6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You'll need separate software. As Roxy notes, in the Windows environment, FRAPs is pretty much the default option. It's not perfect, but it does work. The full version -- necessary for making longer or unmarked videos -- does cost money, but the free version is not horrible for things like making an avatar or sig.

GameCam has a free version as well, with the primary limitations being a 30 frame per second limit and no audio. It does provide more codec and compression options than FRAPS, even in free version. Good for short animations, but a bit of a pain to get used to.

For truly free image capturing in a Windows environment, the only option I'm aware of is Taksi. It's not as easy to use as FRAPS, but it does capture full video feeds for free... if you can get it to work.

Other players have suggested CamStudio. I haven't tested it myself, but other players find it free and easy to use.

There are also ways to record imagery through Linux programs, QEMU, or other methods, but they're a bit complex to describe in a single forum thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Illusion - Heavens Tear
    Illusion - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I personally use fraps and it works great.

Another free alternative would be xfire:
    http://www.xfire.com/

I have given xfire a whirl and from my experience I can't really endorse it. My framerate dropped horribly while using it, almost to the point of the game stuttering. No this is not because of my pc. spec below to squish that theory.

Intel Q600 2.4ghz quad core
    8gb DDR2 PC 6400 ram
    Nvidia 8800GT
    Vista Ultimate 64
    7200rpm Hard drive (defragged daily)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Any updates on better free to use softwares for this?