Weapons Crafting...

Tritoryo - Lost City
Tritoryo - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
edited November 2008 in The Crafting Nook
I just heard that if you create your own weapons they have a chance of coming out with bonus skills of some kind. Is this true?
Post edited by Tritoryo - Lost City on

Comments

• maal
    maal Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yes it is, though i'm not sure Skills is the best term for it. You have a chance of getting item bonuses (Basically enchantments, +mp, +hp, +evade, etc...). It is random, so you might have to craft a few items to get the bonus. Also, two or three star items can be crafted as well... also random.
  • Benor - Lost City
    Benor - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I find that I often create weapons which are better than the weapons that can be bought. However, don't believe that every time you will create an amazing weapon. At the very least, most of the time you can create 2 Star weapons, which have a +20 damage range, which is decent. Crafting takes a lot of grinding to get the materials. It isn't easy, especially getting to level up your Blacksmith or Tailor by doing a quest...
  • darkblazex
    darkblazex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Where can I find (if available at all) the percentage chances of 2 star items or 3 star items resulting from my crafting?
  • maal
    maal Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't know the exact percentages, though from my crafting it seems to be about 40% single star, 40% double, and 20% triple. It's a rough guestimate only and the exact percentages i'm guessing probably vary by up to 10-15% for each. Those numbers seem to reflect the practical odds of my crafting so far though (4 out of every 10 = 1 star, 4/10 = 2 star, 2/10= triple)
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So are your chances better if you craft in batches or are the odds refreshed after each item?
  • Metraze - Sanctuary
    Metraze - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Not sure if maal is really lucky or I'm really unlucky ... from my own experience, I'd put the percentages at about 66% 1*, 33% 2* and 1% 3*

No idea if batches matter - I usually just do 1 at a time until I get a 2* item
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well since my last post I gathered all mats and batched everything. Got all my 2 star items w/in the first 5 tries. Several came on the first or second try even. I was very pleased with my luck and still have lots of mats left. :)