Why did they change it?

wiseprophet
wiseprophet Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I played the malaysian version before coming to this version and want to know something.
Why did they change all the names in this version. Some of the names were fine the way they were.

Barbarian = werebeast
venomancer = werefox < werefox and werebeast sound better and makes more sense

also changing little things like "intact purse" to "complets sack" is dumb. IT DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE A SACK, IT LOOKS LIKE A PURSE!

Changing every word in the game is ****. Put down your thesaurus and use your brain!
Post edited by wiseprophet on

Comments

• Rea - Heavens Tear
    Rea - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I played the malaysian version before coming to this version and want to know something.
    Why did they change all the names in this version. Some of the names were fine the way they were.

Barbarian = werebeast
    venomancer = werefox < werefox and werebeast sound better and makes more sense

also changing little things like "intact purse" to "complets sack" is dumb. IT DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE A SACK, IT LOOKS LIKE A PURSE!

Changing every word in the game is ****. Put down your thesaurus and use your brain!

The game wasn't re-translated from PW-MY English version. It was translated directly from chinese. It isn't supposed to be the same. By the way, the translations in this version are great. Some of the ones in PW-MY didn't even make sense.

Don't worry, you'll get used to them, they're much better b:victory
  • wiseprophet
    edited November 2008
    The game wasn't re-translated from PW-MY English version. It was translated directly from chinese. It isn't supposed to be the same. By the way, the translations in this version are great. Some of the ones in PW-MY didn't even make sense.

Don't worry, you'll get used to them, they're much better b:victory

Malaysian version made much more sense if you ask me.
  • wiseprophet
    edited November 2008
    well except for the story line, malaysian version totally blew it. But you have to admit some things sound much better in the malaysian version- like werefox and werebeast as an example.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    mmm I like venomancer more than , mayb that's just me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Don't worry. You'll get used to the changes with time.

Oh, and I don't care wether it's a purse or a sack or a pouch or whatever. As long as I can sell it for good money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you think the MY version is so much better then go play that instead of whining here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit