bow vs sling for pve

Options
Epicsniper - Sanctuary
Epicsniper - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Archer
i was wondering whats best to use 1-50 or so in pve. i've heard multiple opinions about which is best but was hoping to find an end all answer. thanks
Post edited by Epicsniper - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xxmimiruexx - Heavens Tear
    Xxmimiruexx - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    honstly im a bow user so im a tad biast there, but the raw facts come down to this, xbow has more stable dmg longer range but **** speed, however uf ur a skill user that makes no differance to u so if u seem to be spamming skills and never shooting regular arrows ... which u probably shouldnt be go with xbow, bow my choice u get less range when compared to an xbow insanly good atk speed but somewhat unstable dmg range, but it works great if u see urself shooting alot of regular arrows, which i do ^_^ sling shot ... oh boy what can i say about sling shot in a word ... **** the dmg is insanly unstable and i mean REALLY bad u can hit really high but also u can hit REALLY low speed is fine but i couldnt handle the unstable dmg it runins not only ur normal atks but ur skill dmg too
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    honstly im a bow user so im a tad biast there, but the raw facts come down to this, xbow has more stable dmg longer range but **** speed, however uf ur a skill user that makes no differance to u so if u seem to be spamming skills and never shooting regular arrows ... which u probably shouldnt be go with xbow, bow my choice u get less range when compared to an xbow insanly good atk speed but somewhat unstable dmg range, but it works great if u see urself shooting alot of regular arrows, which i do ^_^ sling shot ... oh boy what can i say about sling shot in a word ... **** the dmg is insanly unstable and i mean REALLY bad u can hit really high but also u can hit REALLY low speed is fine but i couldnt handle the unstable dmg it runins not only ur normal atks but ur skill dmg too

wtf?

Anyway, if you're looking at slings, only consider the lvl42 mold, which is called the sinister shooter. It does great dmg (the lvl55 xbow slightly outdamages it), and shoots a lot faster than the other two choices due to a +.05 stat when you craft it. The dmg starts to be more on par when you hit 53 or so, but you can easily use it up to 60, which is when you get your HH60 xbow.

Min damage is the highest, max dmg is the lowest. You're more consistent with the sling, not inconsistent as stated above.

The Xbow is the most inconsistent, since the min-max range is huge. As an example, you can hit a mob for 700dmg, then the next hit would be 1500 over the course of 3.16 seconds (1.58 atk/sec * 2, assuming 0.63 attack speed). If you had the Sinister Shooter, you would have an attack speed of ~0.72, meaning you would hit the mob once for 1200, then 1350 over the course of 2.78 seconds.

The slingshots (molds) are best for pve, and xbows are better for pvp since you're using skills most of the time anyway and want to get that big crit.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]