Inventory Resizing

preacher0001
preacher0001 Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Is there some magical button to resize the inventory, and if not, why.

I know it seems like petty grievence but if I have more then the initial inventory slots why can't I choose to see them or not. Seems simple enough to impliment.

Am I wrong?
Post edited by preacher0001 on

Comments

• vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Nope, no button. I suspect this is because the frame being used is a single graphic. A smaller, mini inventory, which doesn't have that top half for equipment would be cool though, But I wouldn't hold our breath on that one.
  • preacher0001
    edited November 2008
    I don't know where but I sware I saw the same window setup before in another game (can't remember which) and you just got to see the added rows once it was expanded.

It would almost seem like more work to add the lines then set it up to scroll. I'd assume that the principle wouldn't be all different than something you might call up on a web page or using XML.

But then hey, I'm no game designer.
  • Damson - Sanctuary
    Damson - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you can extend it but with items from the cash shop
  • preacher0001
    edited November 2008
    you can extend it but with items from the cash shop

You may want to reread my initial post :)
  • Damson - Sanctuary
    Damson - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    im sorry
    i havent had much sleep due to my 2 year old wanting to play all night and didnt read it properly

again im sorry
  • preacher0001
    edited November 2008
    lol, no worries. It's nice to see that you are putting your awake time to good use ;)
  • June - Heavens Tear
    June - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The inventory and storage pages seem to be single pre-drawn graphics, and thus are not easily extendable in size. I mean they could add different size static inventory images for 5x8, 6x8, 7x8, and 8x8, and have a button to switch to full inventory display or back to the scrolling 4x8 display, but the current scrolling 4x8 system works well already. And though it would be possible for a programmer to edit the images, add the toggle button, edit the client xml for positions, and write the actual code, compile and test the code within a day, I am sure there is a long bureaucratic process for patching, and possibly the need to maintain consistency with w2i.wanmei.com for compatibility with future patches and updates, that might rule out such changes.

I always like more options though. It could always be added as a suggestion in the suggestions forum, for if they ever decide to recode the client gui. ^_^"
    [SIGPIC]http://s1.zetaboards.com/Radiance/index/[/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33601
    s1.zetaboards.com/Radiance/index/