Enough of FBs and bosses, for now :-)

Options
kargor
kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Ignore this, it's just ranting since I felt like writing down today's progress.

Seems I only have "FB" and boss quests left... lost the pet two times exploring FB39 (my stupidity... one should never assume nothing is walking around, but I just skipped the pulling if I didn't see anything else...), and a third time to the first "increased attack". At which point I left, putting another try back to at least lvl 43, but that probably means I won't be getting exp/drops anymore.

Well, no problem for now. Me is lvl 40, Krixxix is lvl 42, so let's beat him up. Didn't work at 39, but somebody claimed it would be possible at 40-45. Well, I guess it's more like 45; he ripped my golem apart in no time. I guess I'll have to seriously outlevel that guy before I can tank him. But there's Chin. Says it's lvl 45, but how bad can it be? Some friendly guy already took care of the minions, but for some reason left Chin alive. Few seconds later I was on the run again, without pet.

Ok, then FB29. At least I should be getting to see the boss, maybe chat with him a bit over a cup of coffee and talk about how things are going in the dungeons these days.
I already knew about those guard things that don't move and shoot through the whole dungeon, so game plan was to pull everything else and then just finish those on location. Lost pet to stupidity once more (increased attack and I tried casting offensive spells in between heals), but no issues. Got to the crossing, and realized why somebody wrote that you need to be lvl 53 to solo FB29 --- the left corridor has those insane cast-though-the-dungeon things teamed up. Don't know about the boss, never saw him, won't see him anytime soon since that corridor is a real blocker. Just a few more levels won't help a bit --- either I need to be able to tank these, or the golem needs to be able to tank two and kill one without getting heals or assistance.

So, I took the other corridor. Lost the pet again since I didn't see the guys out of sight, and misjudged the damage potential as I just left the pet go for the original target. Oh well. Enough FB29, I don't even have a quest for that room, I think. Golem is down to 475 --- what's the lower bound for "tame" again?

I did manage to get a look at the dismal shade. Another lvl 45 boss, didn't actually try him, but I didn't see a safe place to use after levelling up a bit. But I was too busy to analyse the setup of the room, so maybe there is a safe place. Stuff respawns really fast there and it still hurts quite a lot. There goes another quest to the "god knows when" section.

Add the GM-trapped boss to the list (I haven't been banned yet, so either I haven't met him, haven't tried him, or didn't fall into the trap --- not quite sure how to deal with the trap anyway, since it's the first time we've seen a construct like this).

Unfortunately the only other guy around my lvl on my friendslist is a cleric, so not much help. Don't even know whether his playstyle is compatible...He's going to try getting his guild to help him out with the stuff, but they are pretty much on a different timezone... besides, I'm not a friend of leeching. If I can't even do my quests, what's the point.
Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
Getting too grindy by now :-(
Post edited by kargor on

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Have your cleric help you with Krixxix. If I remember right, Krixxix is the wolf-looking bipedal thing with blades for hands, right? It's phys attack is strong as hell, but if you're in robes you can just stand at a distance and tank his weak magic attack, and have your cleric friend heal you.

Chin will take you a while to solo.. maybe level 70ish? I'm not really sure what level is necessary to solo him on a fox, but yeah.

The boss in fb29 needs a good heal since it launches both strong physical attacks and strong magic attacks, and its magic attack is what'll **** your golem if you try it too early. With mobs, you can just lure the middle monster out and tank the two ghoul things individually with your golem. Send the golem at the left one, let it get in a few hits, then send it at the right one and spam heal your golem. Since the golem already built up aggro on the left one, your heals won't pull aggro for awhile. If your golem has crustaceous, you can also use that while you help kill the right one as fast as possible, then switch to the left one. The mobs can be done by your level, I'm sure, it's just the boss that'll need level 53 heal. You might be able to do it with 43 heal if you're a full int or something.

Dismal shade (if this is the one i'm thinking of - the non timed quest boss?) is easy as pie. If you're concerned that you won't be able to kill it before the monsters around you respawn, just pull it out to the previous room and kill it in a corner since there are mobs in the middle. It won't try to kite you or anything, so it should be easy. To pull it there, set your golem to manual attack, have it whack dismal with a few attacks, then click follow and run to the previous room before the room in which dismal shade starts respawning.

If it's the timed quest one, then yeah. You could just tank it without your pet, since like Krixxix this boss aoe's poison at long range but uses strong phys attacks at close range. Your pet will die too fast from the combined poison and phys hits at your level, but I bet you could tank it yourself with the help of a cleric that has purify (the spell that removes negative effects).

An alternative is just to hang around the village the quests are given in and form your own party. While these bosses might be too hard for you to solo for awhile, you can definitely do them if you've got a team of people around your level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    Kaelis - Heavens Tear Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    golem can't tank krixxix he has magic attacks and golem has no magic defence >.< and btw so has quizi he'll prolly 1 hit your golem

also super bosses and fb's are supposed to be for teams then even say gets some friends so don't expect to be able to solo them unless you are much higher
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    kargor wrote: »
    Ignore this, it's just ranting since I felt like writing down today's progress.
    If I can't even do my quests, what's the point.

This is an MMO, The reason their are a ton of people around, isn't just for you to enjoy hearing "please stop KSing me" every zone you go to (for the record if you are not one of the 90% of veno's who are KSers and generally rude to everyone, ignore that last comment), and someone to be mad at for kill stealing you. The reason for putting multiple people together in this world, was for people to TEAM with. You aren't leaching from someone, if you are working together towards the same goal.

Some reason I hear veno's thinking why on earth would someone team up with me, quite often, which is odd because veno's are one of the 3 required classes to have on an FB run. Any FB run is doomed to failure if you don't have the 3 primary roles

1. Tank: generally a barbarian, someone to take the hits and basically be a much stronger version of your golum.

2. Healer: A cleric to make sure that tank and you do not die.

3. Puller: Always a venomancer, Your pet walks up to a group of three, hit's 1 and you unsummon it, only that mob comes back, to where your tank can grab it.

Without a Veno pulling, a team to do an FB is pretty much set up for failure. and as a result, you are one of the 3 classes that should, have the easiest time getting a team there. Just ask in general near sundown "anyone doing fb39", heck if your desperate buy a telecoustic, there are dozens of people who will jump up to do any FBs at the sound of the phrase "I have tabs"
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    (for the record if you are not one of the 90% of veno's who are KSers and generally rude to everyone, ignore that last comment),

um veno's fail at ksing we are normally the ones that get ksed.....
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    um veno's fail at ksing we are normally the ones that get ksed.....

That's actually true. By the time a veno is done casting and the veno's pet has reached the mob chances are someone else snatched it away and then accuses the veno of KSing.

Happens a dang lot when I'm on my veno.

On the upside, when I play my archer I go out of my way to not KS veno's. They dont have it easy. By the time they're done chanelling their attack I can hit a mob up to 2-3 times already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Venos are a strong solo class, they can take, without much difficult, monsters 10 levels above them, but when we talk about elite monsters and bosses, their REAL level is 10-20 higher than what you see on their info, as a cleric lv50, i can solo krixx and take his hp down to 60% before using any mana potion, but i have my magic resistance buff maxed and my character is almost full support (meaning good survival ability).
    With even a low level cleric supporting you, you can easily take krixx down, but for chin, you will need a few more levels and 2 clerics healing you all the time, as he can kill you in 2 hits if he lands maximum damage twice in a row.

And yes, there is a lack of quests on lvs 40-45 that makes those 5 levels really boring, but it goes slighly better past lv46, thought right now on lv50, i dont have many quests to do again...
    If you need help to kill any of those low level bosses, just send me a whisper ingame, me and my guild are still weak but we can take all bosses before Gouf (cultivation 40+).
    Without a Veno pulling, a team to do an FB is pretty much set up for failure. and as a result, you are one of the 3 classes that should, have the easiest time getting a team there. Just ask in general near sundown "anyone doing fb39", heck if your desperate buy a telecoustic, there are dozens of people who will jump up to do any FBs at the sound of the phrase "I have tabs"
    Would be true if the server (at least sanctuary is) wasnt flooded with venos everywhere, they are as common as air.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So far i've seen two strategies work for Krixxix, a party full of Venos all spamming heal on ONE golem, or a party full of clerics all healing a barb.... take your pick
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Just ask in general near sundown "anyone doing fb39", heck if your desperate buy a telecoustic, there are dozens of people who will jump up to do any FBs at the sound of the phrase "I have tabs"

I can only second this. I rarely have played a game where people are so willing to party up and go kill stuff together as inPW. Usually, if you want to kill a boss, just go there, wait for other people to show up (there almost always will be some), and ask them to party. In 95% of the time, they will. That's it.

As for the FBs, it's ridiculously easy to get help for those, even if you're not in a guild. Just say you provide tab and/or wine and you'll get swamped in "Join me!!!" requests...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So far i've seen two strategies work for Krixxix, a party full of Venos all spamming heal on ONE golem, or a party full of clerics all healing a barb.... take your pick
    To tank krixx, you just need a total of 3k (will be able to take 5-10 hits) or 4k+ (will take like 10-20 hits to kill you) of water resistance, nothing more. Get a cleric to spam ironheart and you can beat him, whoever is taking (and has at least 3k water res).
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    To tank krixx, you just need a total of 3k (will be able to take 5-10 hits) or 4k+ (will take like 10-20 hits to kill you) of water resistance, nothing more. Get a cleric to spam ironheart and you can beat him, whoever is taking (and has at least 3k water res).

This would obviously rule out barbs, blademasters, and probably archers as well, since their light or heavy armor sets aren't really much on elemental resistances..... even my robe build veno has under 2K ele resists wearing the latest armor to her level........ so umm???????
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This would obviously rule out barbs, blademasters, and probably archers as well, since their light or heavy armor sets aren't really much on elemental resistances..... even my robe build veno has under 2K ele resists wearing the latest armor to her level........ so umm???????

lvl 70 wizard soloed it for me :P
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options

I was lucky enough to end up in a party full of venos, all of us spam healing one pet with a couple ranged damage dealers....went smooth as silk
  • Laomedon - Heavens Tear
    Laomedon - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Seen and done 1 Veno (not their pet) tanking Krixxix with 1 Cleric healing her. Ice damage, vs high magic def = Paper tank ftw! (A wizard would've probably been better, but while Venos are a dime a dozen until higher levels, Wizards are often pretty rare. So you use what you can get.) And anyone else was playing damage dealer while trying not to steal aggro. (Oh, btw, 2k-ish is fine, honestly. When I originally did it, the Veno I was with had.. maybe 2.3k. Just need a good cleric. And maybe a second just in case. And undoubtedly, you'll find'm need him too.)

In anycase, as has been stated, FBs are definitely Squad/Party dungeons, you need one to really get very far in them. Sure, with some careful luring you can get quite a ways in, but the bosses will almost always pound you into the floor in no time when you're alone.

This is also true when it comes to *most* world bosses. (Not all. There's quite a few Venos can still solo, as can a few other classes. Some are even intended or required to be soloed for quests). But as long as you can get a group of people either high enough to have the quests and/or within.. say 3-5 levels above or below the boss' level (not that you need to limit yourself to that range) you can take down any boss no matter what sort of setup they have. And yes, that includes Dismal Shade, Gouf, Jewelscalen, and even Krimson. It's the makeup of the party, the tactics used, and - bluntly put - the skill of the players that make it work. (And I just personally find them more fun to deal with around the appropriate level ranges, then I do bringing in higher level people. Challenge is fun.)

As for the KSing thing.. Try being a Wizard when it comes to KSing. Venos are machine guns at casting compared to them. Heheh. But, I think part of why a lot of Venos are blamed for it is quite a few have a habit of not bringing their pet back after someone else snags something before them. Possibly from just looking for something else and forgetting, or perhaps it's just intentional. Who knows but the person themself in that.

But trying not take things someone else aims for is always good. Kinda common courtesy and all. But hitting them is just sometimes inevitable no matter how hard you try. Just can't see everyone. I think as long as someone gives up the mob (usually whoever hit second, I suppose) no one'll really end up feeling too hurt over it.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    For me it was a lv49 cleric.
    Yes, melee chars are a bit useless against him, but that will happen on most spellcaster bosses, luckly some will engage into melee combat if cornered, others will keep using magical attacks.
    At 2k water res, if you get a lv10 magic shell buff (+60% magic resistances), you will jump to around 3k res.
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    As for the KSing thing.. Try being a Wizard when it comes to KSing. Venos are machine guns at casting compared to them. Heheh. But, I think part of why a lot of Venos are blamed for it is quite a few have a habit of not bringing their pet back after someone else snags something before them. Possibly from just looking for something else and forgetting, or perhaps it's just intentional. Who knows but the person themself in that.

no wizards have fast spells as well as slow spells veno only has slow spells wizard can insta cast.....
  • swiftlikeafox
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Also I'd like to see an ACTUAL official count on Venos vs other classes, seems to me I see alot more BMs and barbs than other venos....... maybe it's simply a matter of perception that people think there are so many venos, perhaps we're a little more visible simply because we have to travel all over the map searching for rare pets in such, or maybe it's because we're just so damned sexxy you just can't help but to lookb:victory
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    From what i see (i randomly buff people a lot, so i check their classes), the count would be something like:
    Venos
    Blademasters
    Barbarians
    Others
    we're just so damned sexxy you just can't help but to look
    And half of venos are guys, the other half, you split between real girls and those who claim to be girls.
  • Laomedon - Heavens Tear
    Laomedon - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    no wizards have fast spells as well as slow spells veno only has slow spells wizard can insta cast.....

Now, I'm not trying to be mean with this one, nor derail the topic too much, but:
    (I'm only listing these three because they are *the* most used)
    *Pyrogram: Cast - 1.5, Channel - 0.8 = 2.3, Cooldown - 3.0 (5.3 total)
    *Gush: Cast 1.0, Channel - 1.0 = 2.0, Cooldown - 3.0 (5.0 total)
    VS
    *Venomous Scarab: Cast - 1.5, Channel - 0.8 = 2.3, Cooldown - 1.0 (3.3 total)

While they are very similiar in casting times, infact Gush is faster, the cooldowns is where most of the difference comes into play, and why I make the machine gun comment. A Veno can pump out that one spell quite a bit more often in the end. (Of course, it's also cheaper, weaker, and has a shorter range. But that's not being factored into the reasons behind comment.)

But, these are also the fastest of the Wizard spells. At least for the particular level range in question for the poster. The instant cast spells Wizards have before 79 do no damage or are not offensive (I'm not counting the Sutra, as it's something that makes them instant cast, not a base part of the spells) So really, Venos don't have just slow spells.

And once a Wizard gets their more powerful spells, they really will very rarely open with anything weaker then them. Problem is, those stronger spells take longer, which makes it easier to KS from them. (And that longer cast time makes them impractical most of the time to cast as other then an opening spell. But that depends on the situation, really.)
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

#1. wizards typically more focused on succeeding at the mob then racing the veno that they may or may not notice yet, but as a result at least in every wizard I know, their spell rotation starts with the 3.5 second or longer spell, due to the fact that they can't use their long spell, once the enemy is already aware of them.

#2. instacast isn't even an option until level 59. and even then, it's on a 1 minute cooldown. With a 2 spark cost... Yeah.. honestly that's not something that is really sane to use for the sole purpose of to beat a venomancer to the punch at a single mob, well unless it's a wraith commander or something.

Really though the issue I see the most, is after fighting an enemy for 3+ seconds, seeing a golum hitting it in the back afterwords. Perhaps it's somewhat on the travel time that the golum spends getting there, but I know in those cases that the enemy was unagro'd by anything at the time my spell lands, and that there was more then enough time for the golum to have been given a follow command, and pretty much every time I hear someone complaining about a KSer, the person being complained about is a veno. Even the veno's I'm friends with, usually are complaining about other veno's KSing them.

Not generalizing the entire class or anything, I have quite a few veno's on my list of regular's to team with. Just a general observation that not only I've been seeing, but most everyone I'm around seems to notice as well.
  • Kaelis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    #1. wizards typically more focused on succeeding at the mob then racing the veno that they may or may not notice yet, but as a result at least in every wizard I know, their spell rotation starts with the 3.5 second or longer spell, due to the fact that they can't use their long spell, once the enemy is already aware of them.

#2. instacast isn't even an option until level 59. and even then, it's on a 1 minute cooldown. With a 2 spark cost... Yeah.. honestly that's not something that is really sane to use for the sole purpose of to beat a venomancer to the punch at a single mob, well unless it's a wraith commander or something.

Really though the issue I see the most, is after fighting an enemy for 3+ seconds, seeing a golum hitting it in the back afterwords. Perhaps it's somewhat on the travel time that the golum spends getting there, but I know in those cases that the enemy was unagro'd by anything at the time my spell lands, and that there was more then enough time for the golum to have been given a follow command, and pretty much every time I hear someone complaining about a KSer, the person being complained about is a veno. Even the veno's I'm friends with, usually are complaining about other veno's KSing them.

Not generalizing the entire class or anything, I have quite a few veno's on my list of regular's to team with. Just a general observation that not only I've been seeing, but most everyone I'm around seems to notice as well.

notice your saying golem not wolf or kowlin or anything fast golems are really slow as for wraiths if you cant get at leave 50% of the damage with a single hit then you are gonna get ksed by higher lvls and if you can do over 50~% or 1 hit then just use gush and no way a veno could ks you....