Swingthedead - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
What's a good water pet that I can tame? I'm level 34
Post edited by Swingthedead - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    For water pets, you're really stuck with either turtles, or undines. Turtles tend to be much better at surviving attacks from things higher than itself. Unfortunately, there is a large gap in tutrle level around level 30, so you are forced to either level up a lower one, or just grab one of the 32 undines south of archosaur. For quests, a freshly tamed pet should be able to hold you over, for anything long term, like water grinding, you are really best off with leveling up some of those low level turtles. If the pet kills something without you attacking it, it will gain exp for that level, if you attack, the pet will only get 1 exp if you are too high above what you are killing. Your pet will not get any exp unless you do the majority of the damage on the mob. So, raising a low level pet to high level, with a high level character, can take a very long time... This is why most tend to just settle for using whatever is near their level range. Raised pets, however, end up being much stronger both offensivly and defensivly.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I pretty much just stick to my golem as a land pet (raised him since level 16 I think). As for air and water pets I go and tame the next available one as I level up, like foxwings for air. At level 54-57 you can tame these mermaids which have decent magic def and attacks. I also suggest getting a magic land pet such as the antelopes to **** melee classes in duels like blademasters >x> <x<;

Blademasters have a magic defense buff but antelopes also have a magic defense debuff :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clearwing - Lost City
    Clearwing - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Is there any lvl 50-52 water pet??? i have a quest to do in the water and i don't have a pet
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1224

Is there any lvl 50-52 water pet??? i have a quest to do in the water and i don't have a pet
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/1706

Water pets can be disposable. Meaning you should just tame the highest level one to do quests. No need to level up skills or level it up. Next time you have a quest involving water mobs, just tame a higher level water pet.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Xxflickaxx - Sanctuary
    Xxflickaxx - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    For water pets, you're really stuck with either turtles, or undines. Turtles tend to be much better at surviving attacks from things higher than itself. Unfortunately, there is a large gap in tutrle level around level 30, so you are forced to either level up a lower one, or just grab one of the 32 undines south of archosaur. For quests, a freshly tamed pet should be able to hold you over, for anything long term, like water grinding, you are really best off with leveling up some of those low level turtles. If the pet kills something without you attacking it, it will gain exp for that level, if you attack, the pet will only get 1 exp if you are too high above what you are killing. Your pet will not get any exp unless you do the majority of the damage on the mob. So, raising a low level pet to high level, with a high level character, can take a very long time... This is why most tend to just settle for using whatever is near their level range. Raised pets, however, end up being much stronger both offensivly and defensivly.

I've been looking all over the map for a water pet that isnt a silly old turtle, im a lvl 46 veno and i cant find a kool pet, where should i b looking?
    Respect the world and nature! Which u r... i think... b:victory
  • shoothisgmaup
    shoothisgmaup Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    u dont need water pet
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There are tamable 3x undines in the lake near orchid (where all those different spiders are), and, I think, plume lake.

At low 5x your best bet are the turtles up at tai-chi shore, but the death-dancer is up there too if you really hate turtles. (At 54 that turtle is quite happily able to tank the plumpfish though)
  • dughall
    dughall Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    where can i find a death dancer
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/search?s=death%20dancer

Seriously people, pwdb answers just about every 'where do I?' question. Bookmark it!
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Nice necro dughall. And yes, Vitenka is right. Use pwdatabase....or the forum search option before posting on a thread that is over a year old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • s5w6s
    s5w6s Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    like, i have an Undine Supreme lvl 37, I'm lvl 43, and I hate to use her cause she is too weak. Is there any kind of turtle to lvl 38-43?.. b:sad

Archossaur