Mobile Phones

mynameisjoe
mynameisjoe Posts: 22 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Cash Shop Huddle
Why is it that only certain countries can use the pay by mobile phone option.?

i myself think this is stupid, i'm from Australia, an i have no other way to pay but through a mobile phone and sadly enough Australia doesnt have that option, so now i have to miss (im sure alot of other people do too) out on wat i want to get, and i'm sure they could be making alot more money if more countries had the mobile phone optionb:shocked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mynameisjoe on

Comments

• mynameisjoe
    mynameisjoe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Also to add, sure i can buy cash shop items in game, but who says i have mills to spend?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Not everyone can purchase gold by phone because in some countries the provider doesn't support it or it's simply too expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nauziem
    nauziem Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm Australian too,
    If you set up a PayPal account, with linked bank account that should do the trick.

It's a little tricky to set up and configure originally, but from there on in, online payments are fairly easy. Basically, you set up the account, and link your bank account to it via the PayPal site (most bank accounts work). From there on in, you can transfer money from your linked account, to your PayPal account, and access those funds to make online payments.

The bank->PayPal transfers can take 5-7 days, while the PayPal->PWI will be instant, so if you're the impatient type, keep your PayPal account topped up so that you can make the latter payments instantly.
  • Rargle - Lost City
    Rargle - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    nauziem wrote: »
    I'm Australian too,
    If you set up a PayPal account, with linked bank account that should do the trick.

It's a little tricky to set up and configure originally, but from there on in, online payments are fairly easy. Basically, you set up the account, and link your bank account to it via the PayPal site (most bank accounts work). From there on in, you can transfer money from your linked account, to your PayPal account, and access those funds to make online payments.

The bank->PayPal transfers can take 5-7 days, while the PayPal->PWI will be instant, so if you're the impatient type, keep your PayPal account topped up so that you can make the latter payments instantly.

Or you could link your credit card to PayPal for faster transactions (15min - 48hr max). =] If you're one of those types that doesn't feel safe having your credit card on the internet, grab a pre-paid credit card - they're easy to acquire, load, and use. I'm Australian too and I used Bopo for awhile, but they're out of business so I switched to Canvas - www.mycanvascard.com.au

Extra note, make sure you use the same email address to sign up to PayPal as you did Perfect World - verification issues are a pain.