Pls Consider This Suggetion!!

Options
Generalcal - Heavens Tear
Generalcal - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Suggestion Box
Something iv always wanted for this great game, in the cash shop of course; iv always wanted to be able to buy a new name...Whenever i play games like this 1 i would always go for a week playing it then hate my in game name.i play alot of rpg's and most of them would have just a simple kind of ticket type thing that after purchase from the cash shop would let me give my character a new name(1 that hasnt been taken of course).So PLS add something like this to this fabulous game!b:sadb:victoryb:bye
Post edited by Generalcal - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• dubstack
    dubstack Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sounds like an alright idea to me. I support it even though I'll never pay for any game and never have.
  • Szhira - Sanctuary
    Szhira - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I recall a GM saying somewhere that changing names and releasing the names of deleted characters is not technically possible at this time.

So, I am sure that this idea has been brought forth by the game's own developers, but they have not implemented it because it would not work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juxta
    juxta Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    First off this is a cliche. At some point in an MMO's life someone suggests this, and I have never seen it done.

Let me just say this: Boy, is it fun to repair corrupted data.
    I've been on several private game servers that had options like this. I believe it lasted a week at the longest on one of them since no one wanted the task of manually pouring through data to remind the server that "this player doesn't have that name anymore".
    These weren't cheap coders either, the people that implemented the option were ex-pros and developers of the games they were hosting.
    Granted the games were never intended to have that option, but I can't picture it being any more sensible adapting this idea.

Most MMOs choose banning a player over changing their nameI. Did you name your character Scarletnob_Diplopod or something?? You have the option to use virtually any name you want for your character and you have to pick one you don't like...
  • Generalcal - Heavens Tear
    Generalcal - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    b:cry
    I recall a GM saying somewhere that changing names and releasing the names of deleted characters is not technically possible at this time.

So, I am sure that this idea has been brought forth by the game's own developers, but they have not implemented it because it would not work.

wow....that really sucks iv been DIEING for them to add something like thisb:sadb:shockedb:angry
  • Adriazirma - Sanctuary
    Adriazirma - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm a developer myself and it the name is not used as the technical key there should be no problem. Especially when there is no need to preserve the original name (is there? I don't know). However, I don't think this change is so important to accidentally mess things up (and you can always mess up things you would not anticipate ;-)).
  • Adriazirma - Sanctuary
    Adriazirma - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Eh, I just wanted to say I'm not PWI developer - of course. I can't Edit the post, because it fails after Save with:

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator