Dragon Quest?

Ihayami - Sanctuary
Ihayami - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
What is Dragon Quest? I noticed some drops from monster says needed for Dragon Quest.
Post edited by Ihayami - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You can start dragon quests at lvl 20.

After completing a dragon quest you get a good chunk of XP and a copper or silver dragon token. You can collect the tokens and turn them in for items. The dragon quest givers are found at the area you started the game at.

Talk to Mr. Yeoh in the middle of archo up on the ramps to start your DQ series.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Dragon quest is a long series of quests you can do. Basically you talk to someone, go to the other side of the map, talk to someone else, they tell you to kill a bunch of mobs, then he tells you to collect some dragon quest items, then you go to somewhere else, collect more items...... and so on. Once you finish collecting all the items, killing all the mobs, and traveling back and forth across the map for a while you turn in the quest and get a dragon order thing. They can be turned in for molds and mounts and stuff like that. It takes between 50 - 80 of these dragon order things to trade in for molds or whatnot. It's much cheaper to actually sell the dq items and use the money to buy molds.
    There is a debate whether to do dragon quest or not. I personally don't do them. They do give exp but I make so much more money just selling the dragon quest drops to npc. Even at low lvls you can make 20k coins in half an hour of killing mobs from dq drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I agree. I don't even pay attention to the DQs anymore... Just pisses me off when you get something like:

1) Go see person X in City of Plume
    2) Go see person y in archosaur
    3) collect 5 of item A
    4) Bring item A to person Z in Wellspring Village.
    5) Go talk to person X in City of Plume
    6) Person Y wants to talk to you (He dropped his car keys down a manhole and needs ur help)
    7) Person X just realized that you got the wrong item
    8) Go get the right item (item B). Might as well get 5 more...
    9) Person Z hates trees, go kill some Dryads...
    10) Oh no, person Y now dropped his keys in the middle of the ocean and doesn't know where. Would you mind searching for it? he thinks it may also have been swallowed by a fish.
    11) You brought the wrong car keys to him... These were person X's car keys but he already bought a new car and doesn't need them anymore... Plus, he trashed his car so you don't even get it...
    12) Person Y wants a back rub
    13) Person Z and person X are in love and want you to be their personal messenger. Delever these 50 leters back and forth 1 at a time.
    14) Oh no, person Y has died. Go see person W for more quests...
    15) Person W HATES Adawolf, go kill 600 of them for him. Oh by0the-way, he wants proof so you got to get their eyeballs (but for some reason you only get 1 eyeball for every 20 you kill...)
    16) Person W later realizes he is alergic to adawolf eyeballs so he now asks you to get in person Y to make him a cure.
    17) you later remeber that person Y is dead. No way to finish quest...
    700) Comgrats, here's 1 dragon order thingy...

How many do I need to get the mount I want? 50.

Rinse, lather, repeat. 50 times...b:shocked
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yea I've finished one and am in the middle of another but I've been wondering whether it was worth it myself. I leave it in my quest log and if I happen to be where they want me to go, I'll talk to the person there but they do seem like a waste of time. You either spend alot of money teleporting around OR you spend ALOT of time flying from place to place saving money in teleport costs. The constant flying from city to city gets quite boring. I might have to put these quests aside for now. The way Myish describes it is pretty much how they go.
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    These dragon quests make me hate dragons...b:fatbb:sweatb:irritatedb:avoid
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The dragon quests seem to be neither rewarding nor "interesting" (if a F2P game quest is ever interesting). Not only do they repeat the same 4 or so quest parts over and over again --- they don't even change the NPC dialogue, so you also get so see the same dialogue over and over again.

The good thing is, they seem to go on forever --- so you can just let them hang around until you feel bored enough to visit the NPC or to try collecting the items you need.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Dragon order thingy = b:beg
    >b:beatup
    >b:faint
    >b:spit
  • V_a_l - Heavens Tear
    V_a_l - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There's good and bad on Dragon Quest I think...
    After lvl 40 of DQ, it do gains about 35k of experience and 7k of Spirit. However, again its a waste of time in travelling, or $$ if you teleport here and there.... Worst, sometimes the item are so difficult to get.... and some shops sell it high...
    Cherish what you have now... Do not regret when you lose it... =)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    rumours told me if you have anamount of copper / silver dragon orders, you can turn them in for this white horse mount.
    if that would be true so it maybe would be a point to do those quests for gettting the orders.
    Saw one time such a white horse and seem to look pretty good an being fast
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • abmertaxauti
    abmertaxauti Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, you can get the white horse after 50 copper and 30 silver dragon orders.
    You can also get a violet one for 50 copper and 50 silver orders. ^_^
    I personally find the dragon quest worth it, you really don't have to visit to man people, who you usually go by anyway on your other quest, and the items you get from killing from other quest usually too. I rarely have to go out of my way for them, and that big EXP and spirit pack you get after really adds up! ^_^
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wait you get a horse for the dragon quest? i thought you get a dragon
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wait you get a horse for dragon quest i thought it was a dragon or some thing
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
    edited November 2008
    Yes you can turn in dragon orders to get a glowy white horse. The horse costs something like 30 gold dragon orders and 50 silver I believe. That means you have to do at least 80 higher lvl dragon quests in hopes of getting the gold and silver dragon orders which are not always guranteed. Your best bet is to sell your dragon quest items and use the money to just buy one of the horses. You can definately make the millions of coin it would take to buy the horse faster and cheaper than it would take to get all the dragon orders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    wait you get a horse for the dragon quest? i thought you get a dragon

Yes you can turn in the dragon orders for a couple different types of horses. As of yet there is no dragon you can get in the game. The dragon orders can also be traded in for molds but you might as well just buy the molders using coins as it would be cheaper then trying to do all the dragon quests to get the dragon orders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]