Dragon Quest farming, level differences

Options
kargor
kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Well, I'm lvl 39, and it seems the quests have come to an abrupt end (lots of old stuff I can't do yet, nothing new).

So, me thinks I should continue with the stuck dragon quest. Might just as well grind on stuff that helps me along. I need "Dews of Herbs".

Now, bad thing is --- the database site says Seaview/Nostaligc Chiseler are in the appropiate level range (38/39), but their drop chance is low (11 and 6%)

Antelope pup seems to be the regular monster with the highest drop chance (44%)... but basic math 101 says I'm 9 levels ahead of them.

Ignoring that these guys are flying, there#s also Scout Pterosaur at lvl 35, with droprates in between (25%).

The question is... how does the drop rate penalty work? Do I still get something from these Antelope things? Will I get something from stuff that's 4 levels below?

Is there a special rule for dragon quest items? The highest monster that's listed by the database site is lvl 39, then there's nothing except a lonely lvl 88 entry. How am I supposed to farm that stuff at levels between?
Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
Getting too grindy by now :-(
Post edited by kargor on

Comments

• deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The drop rates are way off in those tables unless they took them for killing yellow/orange mobs. I have killed many mobs that were white to me that suppose to have 60% drop rate and maybe got 25%.

It does drop off a lot when they are no longer white but then again you can kill them faster but it tends to be very tedious for some like dull claws. The antelope do have the best drop but when I last killed them at when I was at level 59 I maybe got 1-2%. so it will take you a hour or so to get them.

Depending on your class the antelope hit very hard with magic attack so take that into account.