Corrupt file? verify?

Bloodsaint - Heavens Tear
Bloodsaint - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
jus spent 4 hours downloading this client from the main website, now i get a message when on the updating screen sayin corrupt file please verify, so i started to verify and its takin forever, 40mins and can only jus see a lil bit of blue on the progress bar, any way of making this work faster?
Post edited by Bloodsaint - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bloodsaint - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    i get this message when i try to update? any ideas why? everything i download is from the pwi website
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It usually indicates that a major file was moved, renamed, or heavily altered. If you can reinstall, find the moved or renamed file (probably a .pck, with the wait you've described), or use System Restore to a time the install was working properly, that may help you. Otherwise, please click the Verify button on the Launcher.

Please do not make multiple threads on a topic. You can edit, or make new replies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bloodsaint - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    its askin me to verify? how long will that take and will that replace any lost files? i seem to be missin the element.data file
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It'll replace files, if it can. There are certain levels of damage that are not repairable through the Patcher, although I've only managed to replicate that very intentionally.

Downloading Aryannaveno's mirror of element.data may be a lot easier for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.