Isn't this Game free??

blasfisk
blasfisk Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
Hi all PW players!
Im new on this game... well im having trouble to connect, so im actualy not even playing the game :P
So now i have my wonders :
1. Isnt this game free??
2. what patch do i need??
3. I can only find 2 servers, but cant connect. why is that?
4. If you have any more ideas about why I can't connect, please type that in here.
Bye Bye b:pleased
Post edited by blasfisk on

Comments

• roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    blasfisk wrote: »
    Hi all PW players!
    Im new on this game... well im having trouble to connect, so im actualy not even playing the game :P
    So now i have my wonders :
    1. Isnt this game free??
    2. what patch do i need??
    3. I can only find 2 servers, but cant connect. why is that?
    4. If you have any more ideas about why I can't connect, please type that in here.
    Bye Bye b:pleased

1. Yes it is free, with the option of purchasing items from the item mall.
    2. All that are available.
    3. Not sure
    4. Not sure. I'll leave this question to Gatt and Hawk.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you're seeing Oracle and Delphi as servers, it means you downloaded the wrong client. You should see Heaven's Tear, Sanctuary, and Lost City as game servers, and 'patch' as a patch server. Please use one of the official official download links. I'm personally a fan of the Gamer's Hell official mirror.

Also, make sure nothing is blocking port 29000, including programs such as PeerGuardian or Comodo Firewall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's free, but if you avoid using cash shop items such as HP/MP charms, Guardian Angels (for PVP), Storage/Inventory extension stones, you'll find yourself leveling slower than those who do use the cash shop.

You can trade in-game coins for gold, which is the only way to go if you don't want to use any real cash.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blasfisk
    edited October 2008
    Thanks all for beig so helpfull ! :D
    Gatt, I have chosen the Bit Torrent option on your "official Downloads" link.
    As soon as that is ready, will i be able to play? :P
    And yes, all the server i see is Oracle and Delphi, so aperently i have too low patching :P
    I will tell you if i have more preoblems. Btw do i need the expansin to play too? or has it even come out yet?
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    blasfisk wrote: »
    And yes, all the server i see is Oracle and Delphi, so aperently i have too low patching :P
    out yet?

This means that you have the wrong client. Please download our official client from http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client.

When you are done installing and patching, the servers you should see are Sanctuary, Heaven's Tear, and Lost City.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    You'll need a few patches, as well, but they're relatively small files. The game's launcher will autoupdate them, or you can use the manual patch.

The expansion hasn't come out yet. December is the expected start date, I think. The content in it is actually being rolled up into earlier patches, so there's no large download or box purchase involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Make sure that you UNINSTALL the other version from your system first. Delete all files and directories from your system.

Then download the game from the links our team showed you.

That version of the game client is for the Malaysian territories primarily, and is not compatible with Perfect World International. PWI is made by the devs and published by the original company. Other versions are licensed from Perfect World Entertainment, but controlled and organized by separate companies. Those companies setup the game and do their own thing with it.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • theshadowwalker
    theshadowwalker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kantorek wrote: »
    This means that you have the wrong client. Please download our official client from http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client.

When you are done installing and patching, the servers you should see are Sanctuary, Heaven's Tear, and Lost City.
    Wow thats really ****, i've had to try and download the game for two weeks now and now i found out i've got the wrong client. this is rediculos, you guys need to figure out a way to patch over the other client because the size of the game is huge in the first place, secondly it takes FOREVER to download. not to mention the chances of errors and the fact it eats bandwith while download which means i cant play games like Infantry online or cosmic rift while waiting for it to finish.
  • d0nuts
    d0nuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's free, but if you avoid using cash shop items such as HP/MP charms, Guardian Angels (for PVP), Storage/Inventory extension stones, you'll find yourself leveling slower than those who do use the cash shop.

You can trade in-game coins for gold, which is the only way to go if you don't want to use any real cash.

u can use in game coins to buy gold?
    where and how?
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    You can transfer Coins into Gold and Silver by buying Gold and Silver from other players through the Auctioneer. The prices are likely to vary -- probably dramatically. The Auctioneer can also do the same in reverse, if any players want to buy your Gold or Silver at the price you set it at.

Go to an Auctioneer, take the Gold Trading dialog choice. The boxes on the right are lists of recent buy and sell orders : they should you want players are trying to set the price of Gold at.

First, you want to desposit the number of Coins that you want to bid. That option is on the bottom left. Then, in the box above it, you have to set the Price per unit of gold that you want to bid for, and then the number of Gold that you want to bid for. Your bid will be submitted.

It's only if someone is offering gold at or under that price that your bid will be filled, though, so you have to keep your number around the yellow sell prices to have it filled quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blasfisk
    edited October 2008
    Thanks again!
    OKey, i delete all files for PW and then download from your link :P
    Think i got it, will come back if more question-marks occur :D
  • blasfisk
    edited October 2008
    Btw, on http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client is Direct or Bit Torrent the best to dowload from??
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Torrent clients are a lot more robust than http downloads, in terms of pausing, restarting, and transmission verification purposes. Not everyone is comfortable with them, and some ISPs will throttle or block them entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spankmebaby - Heavens Tear
    Spankmebaby - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wow thats really ****, i've had to try and download the game for two weeks now and now i found out i've got the wrong client. this is rediculos, you guys need to figure out a way to patch over the other client because the size of the game is huge in the first place, secondly it takes FOREVER to download. not to mention the chances of errors and the fact it eats bandwith while download which means i cant play games like Infantry online or cosmic rift while waiting for it to finish.

hey, you're the one that downloaded the wrong client. the oracle/delphi one is the Malaysian version of the game. same game, different region. you'll find pwi's download servers much faster. you want them to make a patch to overwrite another region's version of the game? heh.
  • blasfisk
    edited October 2008
    k, i'll download on my uTorrent, if thats ok?
    i mean... it doesnt have to be Bit Torrent, right? :P
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Uninstall any other version from any other regions off of your computer, and delete any leftover files.

Download from our download page, yes, uTorrent works great with or Bittorrent link.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    The bit torrent download (which uTorrent handles) best ensures that the files are downloaded properly, because of the constant error checking and ease of resuming.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• blasfisk
    edited October 2008
    K, i have deleted, but im on a so called LAN right now, so i can't start to download >.<
    I was planning to start play wow but then i found this, almost the same, and you only pay for extra good stuff :D
  • blasfisk
    edited October 2008
    Hmpf... :/
    The Bit Torrent download doesnt work, and niether does the "Direct" download.
    In "Direct" I just get a small file called "Perfect_world_installer_v3" but when i run it it says that is don't have the right "Win32" something...
    And on Bit Torrent i think i may have got some sort of virus. Becaus like 250 windows poped up saying that some wierd thing got installed, but it just **** up my computer, so i deleted it.
    Any Ideas about why niether of Garr's sudgestions did work??
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    May I strongly suggest running an antivirus?

Without seeing the situation and symptoms, or at least having a longer description of what you're seeing, I don't feel comfortable diagnosing the matter. While your antivirus is running, please try downloading from an official mirror, such as Gamer's Hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blasfisk
    edited October 2008
    Okey.
    Gave a last shot on torrent, will do that next if needed.
  • blasfisk
    edited October 2008
    YAY!
    All you guys, it works now, thank you all for being so supportive :D
    I'll start playing at Heavens Tear, but i dont know my player-name yet.
    Maybe i'll tell that in here if not this thread will be shutted down.
This discussion has been closed.