Why GMs WHY???

Volkner - Lost City
Volkner - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
So Ive seen a few GMs around and why do they get all the cool stuff like mounts, aireocrafts, armor, weapons etc. and we get stuck with well.... what we have. Im not saying that Im not grateful for what I/we have but I think we should also be able to get the cool stuff. (btw the story trailer is very misleading because it only show GMs)
As the sun sets in the fire-blown sky, the advent of war falls upon us. I will go, fight for my nation, for my people. I will use my magic, to strike from a distance, never backing down. I will go, and bring glory to our kind. Because the time has come for this war to end. We need to band together and defeat the Wraiths. I will help make that happen. For I am a Wizard.
~The oath of a Wizard
Volkner
lvl 2x Mage
Lost City
Post edited by Volkner - Lost City on

Comments

• markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    so we should get max level and every cool item free? Whats the point of playing the game then?
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Two reasons

1. it's just an added bonus for the GMs

2.It helps promote the cash shop as in general most people are far more likely to buy if they have an idea of what they're getting.
  • Tvali - Lost City
    Tvali - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So Ive seen a few GMs around and why do they get all the cool stuff like mounts, aireocrafts, armor, weapons etc. and we get stuck with well.... what we have. Im not saying that Im not grateful for what I/we have but I think we should also be able to get the cool stuff. (btw the story trailer is very misleading because it only show GMs)

Aren't the GM accounts not for the GMs to actually play on? I thought that they were only for official business, and therefore it doesn't really matter what's on that account. I thought I heard somewhere that GMs had their own accounts, that they level just like we do and buy things just like we do on them, and don't use their GM accounts to play.

Isn't that right...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tvali - Director of the wonderful guild Epitaph.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm pretty sure that's right, it was the same deal on my old mmo.

Considering it's still only beta, i'm betting all those CS items will be added later :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • d0nuts
    d0nuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Aren't the GM accounts not for the GMs to actually play on? I thought that they were only for official business, and therefore it doesn't really matter what's on that account. I thought I heard somewhere that GMs had their own accounts, that they level just like we do and buy things just like we do on them, and don't use their GM accounts to play.

Isn't that right...?

lololololololol ur making it sound like gm's are celebrities w/o privacy

dude, get ur head on straight, of course they use thier gm account to play regular wouldnt u?
  • Zezixx - Lost City
    Zezixx - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Lol? You are new to the online gaming world arent you?

GMs are NOT allowed to log into their GM accounts outside of WORK they CANNOT "play" on their GM account. The ONLY thing that can ever be on a GM account is their GM chars.
    Don't call me stupid because I'm less smart than you won't ever be.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My understanding of GM policy is as follows. Orinj says :
    facts -
    * gms cannot play during the work day or xarfox and i will fire them
    * gms cannot play favorites or xarfox and i will fire them
    * gms cannot do favors (give loots/armor/money, rig TW, etc.) without going through an extensive process where each and every action they take is monitored and has to be approved by a manager. if deemed that their actions have interrupted the service and/or the quality of, disciplinary action (also legal action) can and will be used against them
    * gms cannot do favors for people. our advanced log system can detect any action taken by any gm. once detected, if deemed that they have interrupted the service and the quality of, disciplinary action (also legal action) can and will be used against them
    * gms must service the community/user base while at work or xarfox and i will fire them
    * gms must be unbiased and treat the community/user base fairly or xarfox and i will fire them
    * gms must use their non-gm characters when playing from home. if they do otherwise, we will know and disciplinary legal blah blah blah u get the point.
    * gms while using their normal characters from home are still representatives of PWE.

so unless the gms want to get fired and have legal action taken against them, they will not engage in such unethical behavior(s).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zezixx - Lost City
    Zezixx - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So basically what I just said only longer xD
    Don't call me stupid because I'm less smart than you won't ever be.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So basically what I just said only longer xD

Hi Zezix. Nice to see you're playing again ;D Tell Jamie hi btw ;3