Weapons Sheathed

nightyne
nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Suggestion Box
Being a WOW convert I liked to be able to sheath weapons when not using them because it looks more natural than running around with a weapon drawn.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tvali - Lost City
    Tvali - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    nightyne wrote: »
    Being a WOW convert I liked to be able to sheath weapons when not using them because it looks more natural than running around with a weapon drawn.

I haven't played WoW...so would you mind filling us non-WoW players in? Is there actually a sheath in which you put your weapon, or does the weapon just disappear?

Due to large weapons, visible sheaths would be unrealistic to implement, and probably a big pain on the devs. However, just making your weapon disappear until you need it....that might be something they can do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tvali - Director of the wonderful guild Epitaph.
  • Soulfox - Sanctuary
    Soulfox - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I agree, PW Int chars should take away their weapons once they are in a safe zone, and unsheath when they get out of a safe zone... also I would like to see patroling guards...
    Ps: I most deeply hate WoW, PW is MUUUUUUUUCH better, but not bigger XD
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    First people accuse of PW being too much like WoW, and now someone wants to put more stuff in similar to WoW... b:chuckle
  • paganb
    paganb Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    *shrug* I just unequip my weapon most of the time, but WoW's "sheathed" weapons are just stuck to either your back or side.. I've always wanted actual sheaths for the weapons.
  • nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Say what you want about WOW but it is a good game....millions of people can not be wrong.
    Having said that I love PW and play that now....just started...and not WOW.
    In WOW yes the weapon is strapped to the back but it does look more realistic than carrying a weapon around always in your hand.
    Remember the Samuri ???.....if they unsheathed their sword they had to use it...ha ha ha.

I also agree that PW should not be an exact copy of WOW but even now it combines a lot of good things about WOW and also Guild Wars.....loved that too.

Targeting should be a priority though...I know different thread.
  • Forbiddenart - Heavens Tear
    Forbiddenart - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    has anyone ever played Cabal b:question ? thats pretty much what you guys are describing. they have sheaths on their backs (or sometimes a sword is just held on with...uh...holders...) when they walk into towns or other safe points, then it comes out when you walk out.b:question
  • Wyrm_queen - Heavens Tear
    Wyrm_queen - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    getting the weap to dissapear when you enter a safe zone isnt really a pain but i agree that the weaps should go away in towns. Also like someone said for the large weapons sheathing them would be pointless would only apply to swords,wands, etc. but not hammers, axes,staffs,etc... since they are well too big for a sheath or too bullky to carry on their backs. And actually only swords would go into a sheath wands would into a sleeve or a case.

the idea isnt bad but needs tweaking.

Off topic but a player jail wouldnt be a bad idea either have all the deep red names put in jail for 8 hours or play a gambling game to try to get out sooner but if they lose they still have to wait 8 hours if they win but lose the next round of gambling their time is still reduced.
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If only WOW didnt have a monthly fee. Then I wouldn't have to play this game.
  • zhuangliang
    zhuangliang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Agreed!!!!!