Crafting is too Difficult

Forthewin - Heavens Tear
Forthewin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2008 in The Crafting Nook
Seriously, crafting takes up way too much time. Each item needs a bunch of mats to be created. It doesn't tell you where to get them or how to get them. So I look around stalls and people are selling mats for like 2-3k each. So I did the math and it was like 25k worth of mats for a weapon worth less than 3k. Then I decided to walk around outside to find mats but I could only find some worthless herbs. So basically, to be a crafter, must you spend like 20 dollars to get all the mats you need?
Post edited by Forthewin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, the mats do drop or spawn naturally, and not that uncommonly. A few busier zones can end up 'deforested' and 'overmined', but it's rather rare in my experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hargeva
    hargeva Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well it does get hard sometimes, but if your willing to put the effort into it, anything is possible.

Just be glad your crafting skill hasn't froze up on you. Knew a guy that quit becasue he had all his crafting skill up to like 5 I think, but his Blacksmith skill was stuck on level 1 because his percentage total stayed stuck on 2/10 which was like 20% done b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've Been Broken For A Long Time, And I'm Searching For The Light Again!

Myspace = /darkwizard1982
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hargeva wrote: »
    Well it does get hard sometimes, but if your willing to put the effort into it, anything is possible.

Just be glad your crafting skill hasn't froze up on you. Knew a guy that quit becasue he had all his crafting skill up to like 5 I think, but his Blacksmith skill was stuck on level 1 because his percentage total stayed stuck on 2/10 which was like 20% done b:surrender

If your friend was trying to craft ore shots or arrows/bolts for easy levels, then that is why your friend was stuck on 20%. Crafting ammunition doesn't raise your blacksmithing level, which is rather strange....I had tested it out once to see if it would, and it definitely doesn't.
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Crafting really isn't that difficult. When you're out questing, always keep an eye out for mats and pick up whatever you find. If it's not something you need you can always sell it.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Look around and do go over the next hill, you'll find more unused resources when there are fewer people for their quests. In some area's you can make large rounds continuously mining resources.
    If your friend was trying to craft ore shots or arrows/bolts ...

It's the ornament crafter, not the blacksmith, where you craft those
  • Forthewin - Heavens Tear
    Forthewin - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Forgot to mention, some materials cannot be harvested so I'm guessing they come from monsters. Then the problem is, I don't know what monsters to kill to get those items...
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    May I suggest http://www.pwdatabase.com/ ? It's not official, and it's not perfect, but it's a good tool until you've got a grasp on what drops what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It usually tends to turn out somewhat 'logical', things like iron, sand and wood are, like all herbs, harvested while materials like fur comes from (furry) animals. Not entirely though as, for example, cotton thread drops for Ursogs.
  • Thrdphlosphr - Lost City
    Thrdphlosphr - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    if you keep in the back of your head the things you want to craft and horde mats, its def worth it. as a person who is mostly here for solo play, i know i will never get those uber good upper level armors and weapons, etc. that you need to beat bosses to get the stuff for, but it is worth it in the sense that you do have a chance of getting a stat boost, and considering there is no truely balanced class, any stat boost is a good stat boost
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    which is the best craft to have? or all of them? still kinda not understanding....i think ive sold like 20-30 of a ton of material...which depending on replies to this...i may or may not heavily regret...doing so...though i am low level so that does help right? (important materials at higher levels...?)
  • Wolfengard - Sanctuary
    Wolfengard - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    which is the best craft to have? or all of them? still kinda not understanding....i think ive sold like 20-30 of a ton of material...which depending on replies to this...i may or may not heavily regret...doing so...though i am low level so that does help right? (important materials at higher levels...?)

I think in my opinion the alchemy skill is the best, cuz the powders would really help you a lot.
    For your level, the mats would drop quite frequently. When you reach higher lvls, the drop rate decreases. I suggest you focus on the items you want to craft (what mats they require) and start making a list of the mats you need and the ones you need to sell.