Allying Guilds

Options
Frostbyte - Heavens Tear
Frostbyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Suggestion Box
I think it'd be really cool if we could ally with other guilds, officially.

Say we talk to a guild npc in the game, and two or more guilds could become Allies for a certain amount of coin or something. Let's say each guild would have to be at least lvl2, and also, each would have to pay 1m coin to become allies with one-another?

If it were free, and for any level guild, then there'd be guild ally requests sent just like player friend requests are sent, most likely. It'd get out of control. So with those requirements, people making new guilds wouldn't go crazy with gaining allies.. since it'd be 1m coin each, they'd know they're making the commitment to the treaty.
Post edited by Frostbyte - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tvali - Lost City
    Tvali - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think it'd be really cool if we could ally with other guilds, officially.

Say we talk to a guild npc in the game, and two or more guilds could become Allies for a certain amount of coin or something. Let's say each guild would have to be at least lvl2, and also, each would have to pay 1m coin to become allies with one-another?

If it were free, and for any level guild, then there'd be guild ally requests sent just like player friend requests are sent, most likely. It'd get out of control. So with those requirements, people making new guilds wouldn't go crazy with gaining allies.. since it'd be 1m coin each, they'd know they're making the commitment to the treaty.

That's actually a very well-thought out idea. :3

What would be the point of an alliance? Would you be able to call in their help for a TW or something similar? Or would it simply be another way to chat with two different guilds at once?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tvali - Director of the wonderful guild Epitaph.
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think its a good ideam but what would be the atvantage of being allies?
    Maybe your ally could send a certain number of players to help in TW...
    Don't Sweat it.
  • zhuangliang
    zhuangliang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Agreed!!!!!!!!
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    could use town teleports of allys?
  • heeros
    heeros Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    it would be interesting if an allied Faction's player would be marked, so you don't accidentally pk someone from that faction. or include allied Factions in the Protections section of pk.
  • Frostbyte - Heavens Tear
    Frostbyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    An idea would be for any allies to be able to help out in the other guild's TW. Whichever guild pays for the TW will own it, but free tele would be available for both the owner and the allies. Gained coin would go to the controlling guild, though.

As for the PK thing; thats up to players themselves, I think. The Allied Faction Members protections thing would be cool, but I don't think they'll even add my idea in, so them adding that in is a long shot too. That would be the best option, though. lol
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    In another MMORPG I used to play, you could flag other guilds as allies or enemies, so you knew what guilds you were at war with and what guilds you were friends with. These sort of features I bet would encourage people to settle down in a guild more especially if they tend to guild-hop due to indeciveness or because their friends or enemies are in other guilds.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Helping with TW and using other guild's teleports = quick way to map being controlled by one guild that's split into 4 guilds. Allying should just have a pk protection checkbox and be able to chat between guilds. Basically, an extension of a guild, but not really an extension.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Use Totally agree with the Ally system.

Please GM's add this allying system.

Factions should be able to ally with each other for assistance for TW's or something like that.

My Faction is currently secretly Allianced with a Strong Faction due to the fact that there is no alliance system in place.

Please allow this because this will make ppl play more and come back into the game since there is more to do and their friends are able to help each other more.

b:pleased please.... b:surrender GM... please.. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..