how to craft

Options
sonoske
sonoske Posts: 10 Arc User
edited October 2008 in The Crafting Nook
hello im new just like alot of people on here and i just got my first 2 craftings skills if i have the material how do i craft? i went to the blacksmith to manufacture my weps and have the material but its not letting me click the start on the bottom what do i need to do or is there another place to go to tradeskill or craft ?

b:cry

ty if you can help
Post edited by sonoske on

Comments

• iliketolol
    iliketolol Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    At level 5, there will be a popup saying that you should visit The Elder of your starting city. Once you talk to the elder, you will find 4 quests waiting for you. You don't neccesarily have to accept them all.

Choose the ones you want, like blacksmithing for example, and it wil lead you on to the second part of the quest, where you have to talk to one of the NPCs in the city and gather some things for them (I believe you already have the pickaxe as you said you already have the material).

After which you will get a book and you can talk to the Elder and select "Learn Manufacturing Skill" and click on the skill like you were learning a spell. The first level does not require you to pay any spirit or coins, but the consecutive levels will require you to do so.

Alternatively, you can purchase the book from the book merchant. Be careful not to accept the quest though, or you will be tricked to buying an extra book. (Heard this from someone, I might be wrong about this, pretty sure about all the information above though.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kagioshi - Sanctuary
    Kagioshi - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    where do you go to craft is my next question and when you have the material how come the wepaon slot is still grey even though i took my wepaon off and i cant click the start button
  • iliketolol
    iliketolol Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Go to the NPC that sells the item you are crafting, i.e. the Blacksmith, Tailor, Craftsmen, etc. Select manufacture equipment when you speak to them.

You don't have to take off your weapon when you craft; the weapon that you get from crafting goes into your inventory. When you get enough materials, the weapon slot should light up. Check if you have the required blacksmith level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]