Mini-Boss Glitch ("Exploiting Game Boss") (admins please)

Frostbyte - Heavens Tear
Frostbyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Suggestion Box
One of my friends got banned yesterday for "exploiting a game boss" or whatever.

We all know the glitch by now.. venos can solo certain mini bosses on their own, since the boss won't attack somehow and whatnot.

But my friend was banned.. for playing the game.

No where does it say "do not fight this boss that way, or this way".

If "exploiting" the game boss is a bannable offence, and not a tactic, then please PATCH the glitch.

It seems pointless to leave it in if you're gonna be banning people for using it.

thank you for your time,
-frostbyte-
Post edited by Frostbyte - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Where have they said they weren't going to fix it? It would be so kind of you to show me exactly where and what post said that they weren't working on a fix for this glitch, but the ironic thing here is that you know of the glitch and yet you abuse it.

I'm tired of all these people who abuse glitches and think they can get away with it because they know how to do it and think they know when to stop...just because you don't see a GM doesn't mean they aren't seeing what you're doing.

If you don't want your friend to get banned again, then simply stop abusing the glitch. End of.
  • Frostbyte - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Where have they said they weren't going to fix it? It would be so kind of you to show me exactly where and what post said that they weren't working on a fix for this glitch, but the ironic thing here is that you know of the glitch and yet you abuse it.

I'm tired of all these people who abuse glitches and think they can get away with it because they know how to do it and think they know when to stop...just because you don't see a GM doesn't mean they aren't seeing what you're doing.

If you don't want your friend to get banned again, then simply stop abusing the glitch. End of.

First of all, I'm not arguing.. so please don't reply to me like you know it all. -_-

Secondly, I didn't abuse it. I'm a blademaster, and have never used the glitch myself.

Three, my friend had no idea it was a bannable offense, nor that it was even wrong to do.

Four, where have they said they 'are' going to patch it? Please show me that and I'll withdraw my statement.
    edited October 2008
    First of all, I'm not arguing.. so please don't reply to me like you know it all. -_-

Never said I did know it all, but the fact that you said "everyone knows of this glitch now..." told me that you understood that it was a glitch but rather didn't care to stop your friend from doing it.
    Secondly, I didn't abuse it. I'm a blademaster, and have never used the glitch myself.

An accomplice is no different than the perpetrator.
    Three, my friend had no idea it was a bannable offense, nor that it was even wrong to do.

Then why did you say "everyone knows of this glitch?" If didn't know it was a glitch, and you knew it was a glitch, why did you not bother to stop her from doing it? See, you were an accomplice and can be fined for the same offense.
    Four, where have they said they 'are' going to patch it? Please show me that and I'll withdraw my statement.

So, you're answering my question with another question? Hmm.

Well, I can tell you that if they gave us any news on updates then I would more than happily show it to you, but unfortunately we have no way of getting in touch with what they're doing unless we work for their company ourselves. And before you even try to turn this around: never believe what your eyes can't see.
  • Loopy - Heavens Tear
    Loopy - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I can point to one boss where the fix went form bad to worse.
    I can point to two other bosses where the cheat is there and has not been corrected.

The devs will not likely come out and say 'if you do this and we catch you you will be banned; as everyone will rush to do the cheat before it gets fixed.

Thene there is player silence, or lack there of about expliots and so on, the devs can't fight the tide of exploiters if everyone quietly condones it.

M.
    edited October 2008
    I can point to one boss where the fix went form bad to worse.
    I can point to two other bosses where the cheat is there and has not been corrected.

The devs will not likely come out and say 'if you do this and we catch you you will be banned; as everyone will rush to do the cheat before it gets fixed.

Thene there is player silence, or lack there of about expliots and so on, the devs can't fight the tide of exploiters if everyone quietly condones it.

M.

Thanks for replying nicely. =) lol

But I can understand what you're sayin.. but they (the developers and GMs) should know some of the problems, at least. For ones they ban people for 'exploiting', they know of those, at least. (Just sayin.. since at least those could be fixed, since they obviously know about'em.)
    edited October 2008
    Never said I did know it all, but the fact that you said "everyone knows of this glitch now..." told me that you understood that it was a glitch but rather didn't care to stop your friend from doing it.

An accomplice is no different than the perpetrator.

Then why did you say "everyone knows of this glitch?" If didn't know it was a glitch, and you knew it was a glitch, why did you not bother to stop her from doing it? See, you were an accomplice and can be fined for the same offense.

So, you're answering my question with another question? Hmm.

Well, I can tell you that if they gave us any news on updates then I would more than happily show it to you, but unfortunately we have no way of getting in touch with what they're doing unless we work for their company ourselves. And before you even try to turn this around: never believe what your eyes can't see.

Just gonna give a simple reply to this.. lol

Glitches aren't always cheating. I can run through a wall in the Secret Passage, therefore, thats a glitch. lol I'm in no way cheating by running through that way, which only saves me time from running around the corner. =P
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    One of my friends got banned yesterday for "exploiting a game boss" or whatever.

We all know the glitch by now.. venos can solo certain mini bosses on their own, since the boss won't attack somehow and whatnot.

But my friend was banned.. for playing the game.

No where does it say "do not fight this boss that way, or this way".

If "exploiting" the game boss is a bannable offence, and not a tactic, then please PATCH the glitch.

It seems pointless to leave it in if you're gonna be banning people for using it.

thank you for your time,
    -frostbyte-

It says in the terms of service that using any bug to get an advantage is not allowed. So it DOES say "do not fight the boss this way"

In a situation like this, instead of fixing the problem, I would leave it there intentionally. Then ban everyone who would use it as they do, thus removing all the abusive players from the game, leaving only players who are smart enough to play the game properly.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited October 2008
    Just gonna give a simple reply to this.. lol

Glitches aren't always cheating. I can run through a wall in the Secret Passage, therefore, thats a glitch. lol I'm in no way cheating by running through that way, which only saves me time from running around the corner. =P

Glitch abuse is glitch abuse, there is no leniency on it.
    edited October 2008
    Well.. the point of the thread wasn't to argue it, really. lol

The main point was to get the dev/gm's attentions so that maybe they'll fix the glitches. =/
    edited October 2008
    NOTE: Threads Directed to Perfect World Staff Members

The forums are not the place for you to address your inquiry to PW Staff Members. Any and all inquiries should be made through our ticketing system. Before contacting customer support, please use the search function and look through our FAQs located in the Support section of our website for account and billing related inquiries. A general FAQ regarding gameplay can be accessed from the main page.

If you feel the need to report a user for suspicious behavior or for violating the Terms of Use, please use the in-game reporting function or the ticketing system and file a report.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=667911
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you wish to discuss a ban, please do so here. The Perfect World forums are not the place for this. The terms of service are clear on the matter: the use of an exploit, bug, error, or design flaw is unacceptable. PWE is not required to specify each of these, and I think it's a rather cruel insult to your friend's intelligence to claim he or she could not identify this as unintended behavior.

On the matter of bugs : if you'd like to report one so PWE is aware of it, do so here, not the boards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.