Huge community.. API please.

kirachan
kirachan Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Suggestion Box
So i know this is a real shot in the dark, but hey, I'll at least put it out there. You have a community of thousands, I'm sure at least 500 of us are actively involved in some form of graphics, coding, or game design career or hobby.

Give us an API. The current layout of the game is not bad, but it is hindered heavily by the speed at which your developers can work. API's have helped many games attain their success (WOW anyone? AoC anyone?).

Forcing the community to play under the visual and functional constraints laid out by you is a good way to stunt the growth of what could be a much bigger game then it already is. The game is great, you have hundreds of people sitting here willing to work, for free, to keep more of your users happy and make your game more friendly to them. Use us!

I also understand that the way the game is packaged and laid our makes this a big job, but it's worth it!
Post edited by kirachan on

Comments

• carnagefreshh
    carnagefreshh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree with what kirachan is saying, I'd like to see an api for PWI as well. You guys could easily put limitations on it if you felt the need, I thought about trying to make a out of game messenger, probably an impossible task without an api lol
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Holy necro Batman!

Also, the Chinese will never agree to it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • carnagefreshh
    carnagefreshh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The only way around not having an API would be breaking the ToS which sucks, I think China would be open minded :D
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Incase you didn't notice yet, this thread is almost 3 years old.

also;
    China
    open minded

Yeah... I don't think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol how did ou even find this old thing lol. the one who made this is most likly gone nowxD
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
This discussion has been closed.