halloween quest unfair for average player

Options
wfgoku
wfgoku Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Suggestion Box
how many people playing this game can afford 100 grand to do it once let alone as many times as some people are doing it.watching people win 3-4 times in a row is bs.i bought 4 angels and didn't win **** but some stupid candy and some treats.watching people win that many times in a row got me and many others thinking contest is rigged somehow.i'm not saying everyone should win the horse but come on most players can't afford it.ask around most people will give you same opinion.the costumes are nice but they don't do anything but look cool.also there is something wrong with the coin part of the quest my wife or me couldn't do it but earlier when she gave me the 100k it worked automatically like it should but when either of us have our own money nothing.when you try to talk to him he acts like an npc with nothing to say to you.b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
Post edited by wfgoku on

Comments

• wfgoku
    wfgoku Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    wfgoku wrote: »
    how many people playing this game can afford 100 grand to do it once let alone as many times as some people are doing it.watching people win 3-4 times in a row is bs.i bought 4 angels and didn't win **** but some stupid candy and some treats.watching people win that many times in a row got me and many others thinking contest is rigged somehow.i'm not saying everyone should win the horse but come on most players can't afford it.ask around most people will give you same opinion.the costumes are nice but they don't do anything but look cool.also there is something wrong with the coin part of the quest my wife or me couldn't do it but earlier when she gave me the 100k it worked automatically like it should but when either of us have our own money nothing.when you try to talk to him he acts like an npc with nothing to say to you.b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    this as nice as i could be on forums what me and many others think of this contest.
  • zpirit
    zpirit Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm doing a giveaway so pple like you can chill lol... This way everyone including the new players will be able to try their luck

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=89402
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    iPerfectWorld.com Guardian Angels Giveaway!
  • crashtestdummy
    crashtestdummy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ludicrous. It's extortion literally. It says gift then expects you to pay for the gift. It feels like railroading. Not only is the 100K ridiculous but it is throwing the economy out of wack because it puts emphasis on increasing the game selling rate of the guardian angel. You literally could be causing a loss of players. I've already seen where one person quit and threw everything they had out and heard a lot of people suggesting that this ruined the game if nothing else for the next 2 weeks. As much as I appreciate the gesture of a gift box. It should be something everyone can obtain new or old. It's a holiday people and you've turned it into corporate America at it's finest by making it all about money. Atleast make the gift boxes random drops off creatures or something. It would be so much more entertaining than scraping up 40K and searching for someone willing to sell a guardian angel. I realize it's a business but I'm sure there are plenty of people buying things as is.
  • Myish - Sanctuary
    Myish - Sanctuary Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm just curious why the game engeneers didn't see this coming. Gotta plan in advance guys and maybe hire someone to think of worse case scinarios cause this comes pretty close (you guys had to shut down servers...that's a sign that something's up...)
    i like this game, and it has plenty of potential but i think the planning team needs to be rotated.
    b:cold*
    b:faint (Sub Zero!)
  • moshpet
    moshpet Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah, I am -sincerely- disapointed with the mechanics of this so called quest(s).

Clothes that are level 30, and you are a L10... etc is bad marketing.
    100k for a chance *very minor and 'obiously' rigged* chance to get good items your level, a mount and so on.
    Yes one or two might actually get the mount etc from coins. but everyone I have questioned has got it from the cash shop option and even then people who have -wasted- 80 bucks still come away with candy etc that is worth 2500 per??? (Not me btw, a guildie.)

Quest what quest, give money/item, and get item is not a quest!

Where is the halloween instance, where are the holloween quest where if you complete it you might get 1 of 3 prizes (or all three.)
    Quest, there is no quest, there is just greed on the companies part.
    M.
  • smoo
    smoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It's gambling. Pure and simple.

Some people get $80 worth of candy. I got 2 Midnights. (Yes, I used the cash shop.)

Maybe they want to do crazy things like pay for the servers and post a profit for shareholders. I dunno.
  • Loopy - Heavens Tear
    Loopy - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    smoo wrote: »
    It's gambling. Pure and simple.

Some people get $80 worth of candy. I got 2 Midnights. (Yes, I used the cash shop.)

Maybe they want to do crazy things like pay for the servers and post a profit for shareholders. I dunno.

See! See! See!

Sorry I just had to.

I'm just an old gamer who likes to see quests and such in theme for the season. If they wanted to make a killing they should have put Midnight up for 10$

(Since the average Zen transaction is 20$... they still make a bundle.)
    M.
  • wolfwind
    wolfwind Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    how did you get on to the game
  • ravenor
    ravenor Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ludicrous. It's extortion literally. It says gift then expects you to pay for the gift. It feels like railroading. Not only is the 100K ridiculous but it is throwing the economy out of wack because it puts emphasis on increasing the game selling rate of the guardian angel. You literally could be causing a loss of players. I've already seen where one person quit and threw everything they had out and heard a lot of people suggesting that this ruined the game if nothing else for the next 2 weeks. As much as I appreciate the gesture of a gift box. It should be something everyone can obtain new or old. It's a holiday people and you've turned it into corporate America at it's finest by making it all about money. Atleast make the gift boxes random drops off creatures or something. It would be so much more entertaining than scraping up 40K and searching for someone willing to sell a guardian angel. I realize it's a business but I'm sure there are plenty of people buying things as is.

I applaud you sir!
    My whole guild feels the same way.
    The Items are Awesome yes, the way you get them, not so awesome.
    If this happens next holiday the whole guild and then some are just gonna quit.
    Its just **** to spend your money on a "Gift" only to not get the wanted gift. **** midnight. I wasted 20 bucks for that flaming sword and I got diddly squat. Same goes for most of the faction which has them flaming pissed too. What made matters worst is that duke wouldn't shut up for two days either. I'm glad that got fixed though.

Moshpet also has a valid point as well.
    I'm pretty sure the GMs can hear us but don't care since they are spending our money :P.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Maybe you should all remember that you get to play this game free of charge. If they really wanted, they could make pay to play, but you have the option of paying for the extra bonus in the game. Games that make money from cash shops are about making money, not satisfying customers completely. If you want a game that will bend to your every will, go play a game like WoW. The whole point of this event is to increase sales in the cash shop.
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah but they don't even listen to the people funding their jobs. This is so close to having followed the other f2p mmos that had so much potential and failed. I really dont wanna see it happen to PWI.
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • Wyrm_queen - Heavens Tear
    Wyrm_queen - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Honestly regardless of whether you paid money for it or not. If its a event item it should disappear when the event ends. i mean the headless items for example... How is that fair for someone who doesnt have the money or game funds to buy so many boxes to get the stupid useless horse or the headless items....

i dont think this event was planned out too well quite honestly.

Adding to above comments after reading some of them:

Every game i've played(flyff,Domo to name a few) when a event happened any items generated by it were either gone the next day or stayed in your inv as a unusable item that you just sell to npc. If they wanted to show the permanent items they could of just put it in the item mall so the paying customers could get them. The headless items should be temporary honestly or change into another legendary item after the event is over. This 3% xp increase per headless item is just **** for those who do spend money and get only stupid candy boxes and pills that the probably cant use or player who use game money and get the same lame ****. You know if your trying to showcase new items why not jack up the chance of getting it instead of giving **** items for guardian angels and/or 100k.

GMs seriously make all the items from this event temporary thats kind of the point of showcasing new items you give temporary items of the permanent ones then take it away after the event is over.
  • Aaratull - Sanctuary
    Aaratull - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yes..It's gambling. Pure and simple. :D
    Nobody push u to buy tons of GAs... ;) i try only one time .. and yes ..its a GIFT... :) in the game 100K coins means nothing ...
    The game is fair enogh..and dont forget.. its a open beta ... many thing must be put in order.
  • jay0
    jay0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    this event is fun yet kinda annyoing but its all based on luck trust me i want to get the mount but i dont complain on what i get i still have lots of time to get the mount so just have fun with this i know i am b:victory
  • Loontjuh - Sanctuary
    Loontjuh - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    jay0 wrote: »
    this event is fun yet kinda annyoing but its all based on luck trust me i want to get the mount but i dont complain on what i get i still have lots of time to get the mount so just have fun with this i know i am b:victory

Could you explain the fun part i kinda misted that i guess?

Its just an event, dont waste your rl money it to get something that you probably wont even get.(you have more luck at the cash shop if you use it)
    Its fine if you got lots off ingame money to waste on it, but i only tryed it once, and didnt see anything about this event/quest that even looks like fun.
  • Ash - Heavens Tear
    Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    They should at least have a larger variety of better prizes... like Several different mounts, not just one.. and several kinds of weapons, wings, etc.. And zero or very small amounts of halloween candy and pumpkinhead pills, etc... Honestly. The way it is now is such a joke.

At least if they had a variety of GOOD prizes everyone could be happy and there still wouldn't be thousands of Midnights, etc.. running around.
  • Kokkiecleric - Heavens Tear
    Kokkiecleric - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i don't care about the money they involved in it, i think the quest must not be found in find quest.
    for the starting players like me are very annoyed by the fact that every place you stand it says: jolly old jones is looking for me. people who are actually looking for quests don't want to hear the whole time that joly old jones is looking for them. i suggest that they must at least do it like the banker, he has quests, but there isn't an announcement of it.
    So my suggestion about it is that the quest should not be found at "Find quest".

Signed,

KokkieCleric
  • simplybri
    simplybri Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i really agree with u..yes the items u recieve are cool the costumes are nice...the horse is cool and so is the bird..but not everyone one of us cant spend 100,000 on trying to get that horse. and its true the higher lvl players have more chances of getting the horse cuz they have more money to spare. which is why i so agree with u on the halloween event.
  • shinare
    shinare Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    k I understand people, I think the same, But for event like this and others like it should be made as drop's so everyone get to have the same fun as paying players, But making the drop's for paying players around 30% and for all else maybe 20% chance.

But as there is still other thing like inventory stones should be say a rare drop for all to maybe get there inventory expanded. I understand there also trying to make money but so small thing's as above could make game more enjoiable for everyone

Regards
    Zebiom
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hmm.. unfair for average player? your right.. but we can't do sht about it cuz it's a f2p game and they need money to run this server. :| anyway.. it's not worth it to spend 100$ in game.. maybe some people would.. I WOULD if the zen is cheap.. but it's not.. so.. *poof*
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i read on here when it started the mod said the presents drop from mobs never since it started has a present ever dropped please don't spread false rumors as this makes people even more mad
  • Mrblvd - Lost City
    Mrblvd - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i just pm the admin on how to het those dolls is that alll i do i like that site its very informational please telllme how to get the dolllllllll i would like some