Halloween Box Drop Rates

asendas
asendas Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Is it just a joke, or has anybody actually gotten a box to drop from mobs?
Or is the drop rate the same chance to get a mold drop from a mob?
If so, which mobs? Are they elite mobs only?
Post edited by asendas on

Comments

• Guardianmp - Heavens Tear
    Guardianmp - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I made 1.5 levels on lvl 35 monsters (not sure how many that would be, I was lvl 36 starting and now lvl 37 mid point) and didn't get one box drop. I have to say that they are ultra rare drops (up on the level of molds) or that they only drop from very high level mobs.

It would be nice if they dropped a little more, even if those boxes had worse chances of getting anything good from them.
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They don't drop from mobs o_O where did you read that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Byr - Lost City
    Byr - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008

a xarfox post.

page 7 of this thread
  • Guardianmp - Heavens Tear
    Guardianmp - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Direct quote here (from page 3 of this topic ):
    xarfox wrote: »
    Spending coin and/or Dolls are not the only methods for attaining Halloween Boxes. Halloween Boxes can also be found by killing monsters. Please take care with the language that you use here in the forums. Just because you misspell a curse word, doesn't mean it's outside the forum guidelines.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    asendas wrote: »
    Or is the drop rate the same chance to get a mold drop from a mob?

Probably something close to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmm, why wouldn't they put that on the event page then? Seems weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately I was grossly misinformed. The boxes are not intended to drop from monsters in game.

I apologize to anyone who was misled by my previous posts. I was under the impression that they were supposed to drop and it's my fault for not verifying that data before posting it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • painkid
    painkid Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Drop box not intended to drop from monsters aw sucks
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately I was grossly misinformed. The boxes are not intended to drop from monsters in game.

I apologize to anyone who was misled by my previous posts. I was under the impression that they were supposed to drop and it's my fault for not verifying that data before posting it.

Oh man... That was really bad news... And made this event not event at all anymore.

Just a matter of money now, thats not an event.

Oh well, hope you do better next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • cchris1000
    cchris1000 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wow, seems like you have a lot of very unhappy customers PWI. Hey thanks for fixing the Duke event announcements. Here's how I look at it guys. There is no game on the net that can operate for free. There are many costs involved in bringing you this entertainment. I really prefer the pay as you go method (LOTRO, WoW, War, etc) as it averages costs for everyone and is fair to everyone. Having said that I will support PWI as long as I play it, but will limit spending to x dollars a month (pretty much the same as other online games).

As for the event the prizes are random and not everyone will win (same as real life). It would have been smarter to have added a token drop that could be used at the event npc so everyone had a chance (even those who cannot cough up 100k which most of us cannot on Sanctuary).

Maybe PWi will listen to the players and add this feature in future events (there are many really good F2p mmo's coming in the near future so they should have incentive to make their customers happy).
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    thom wrote: »
    Oh man... That was really bad news... And made this event not event at all anymore.

Just a matter of money now, thats not an event.

Everyone gets free fashions and that item that raise attack. Temporary but it's better than nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh