Venomancer vs. Blademaster

darkmmo
darkmmo Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Venomancer
Hi!
Im downloading perfect world right now and I can't decide wich to chose first.
First I thougt: Blademaster, definently, but when I saw the developer diary they said venomancer is the best alone class..
Help me decide wich one i shall chose as my first one.

P.S: I like having pets!!!
Post edited by darkmmo on

Comments

• keren
    keren Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I think veno...? never tried playing a blademaster though...
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well if you like having pets and want them to be any help, the only option is Venomancer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Venomancer is the ONLY class to get battlepets. Other classes can have pets too, but they won't do anything. And greedy venomancers make them expensive.

As for soloing, I can't comment on other classes, but Summoners are often an ideal solo class because their summons tend to work as tanks. ISo far, that holds for Venomancers. I'm lvl 37 now, and no real problems anywhere due to the simple fact that my pet takes all the beating, I can easily heal it, and usually I don't even need to heal it. For bosses, I can pull out their minions first to finish those (that's a neat trick performed by Venomancers --- we can single out a monster from a group of aggro monsters, which also helps with soloing), then send the pet against the boss itself, and just concentrate on healing with the occasional offensive spell thrown in if the boss appears to be weak enough.

Also, like in most games, mage-style Venomancers are very "flexible" when it comes to gear. We could solo everything naked if things go really bad (hm... although, not sure... we might need to get a wand. Any wand will do, though).

To sum it up --- Venomancers are the only class with real pets, and they seem to be great at soloing (can't comment on higher levels, of course).
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • darkmmo
    darkmmo Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks everyone!
    I will play as venomancer on my first!
    Thanks for helping me
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It would also be worth noting though that venomancers are not meant for pvp. A blademaster will rip right through a venomancer (something which a guildmate of mine constantly ridicules me about).

But venos are great for soloing, best out there.
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You need 3 skills to beat a blademaster. Ironwood Scarab level 10, Venomouse Scarab level 10, and Lucky Scarab level 5+ .

Combined with Bramble hood, you're unstoppable, because if they run and try to wait until it's gone, the range on those skills above will catch up to them.

And let's not forget about pets...heheh...
    Howl, any level will reduce their magic defense.

Different builds may vary, I'm a light armor type, so one critical, and it's all over. :]
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    actually I can tear apart blades in pvp... o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanixx - Heavens Tear
    Zanixx - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    is it better to go with light armor if your doing TW etc stuff than arcane?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Zanixx - Unstable - Heavens Tear
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    is it better to go with light armor if your doing TW etc stuff than arcane?

well let;s think, there are 2 classes dealing magical dmg: veno and mage
    and 4 dealing phy: BM, barb, archer, and sometimes clerics too
    so u have a higher chance to get hit by phy dmg, which makes light better
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    kargor wrote: »
    Venomancer is the ONLY class to get battlepets. Other classes can have pets too, but they won't do anything. And greedy venomancers make them expensive.

Yes, greedy ones will make them expensive, but with so many Venomancers trying to make a profit from pets, their prices tend to stay pretty low.
    It would also be worth noting though that venomancers are not meant for pvp. A blademaster will rip right through a venomancer (something which a guildmate of mine constantly ridicules me about).

That greatly depends on the build and players dueling, but Venomancers can do amazingly well PvP, especially against melee classes.