Server Maint. OVER - SERVERS ARE LIVE! :)

Options
darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
All servers are offline for a little while!
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• sanerba328
    sanerba328 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Er...lols, i think everyone would appreciate it if there was an in game notification in advance or wad.....we were all kicked from the server so suddenly....kept everyone wondering what happened yeah.

• Hoa - Heavens Tear
    Hoa - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    well i got Kik while fightin an im still wonder if my charm is on what if i come bak an its like 0 an i die.. charm is fairly new 280k when u just kik people an dont tell them anythin it really **** us up..cuz if we die ingame which mean we lost 3% of exp which for me is 15k i know u guys dont care but plzs next time,,,,, tell us beforehand..
  • Estrogen - Sanctuary
    Estrogen - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I saw the maintenance warning on Lost City. Not sure why you guys didn't see it.
  • smoo
    smoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I was on Heavens Tear too. First notice that I got of the server maintenance was "disconnected from server."

I would really appreciate advance warning for these things. 15 minutes, at LEAST 5 minutes, and NEVER just restart with no warning. A crash or data center blowing up should be the only thing that makes server go boom with no warning :P
  • Xersis - Heavens Tear
    Xersis - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Are Server maintenances usually this sudden?

Or did I miss a weekly or daily server update that this was gonna happen?

Well i really can't complain much.... After all this is a Free MMoRpg.
  • Sixzero - Sanctuary
    Sixzero - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think what these folks are asking for is a timed message. "The servers will be down soon." is far too vague. Something along the lines of "The servers will be going down for maintenance in 30 minutes. Please find a safe area to log off." would be far more informative and beneficial to us all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grothiniel
    grothiniel Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think what these folks are asking for is a timed message. "The servers will be down soon." is far too vague. Something along the lines of "The servers will be going down for maintenance in 30 minutes. Please find a safe area to log off." would be far more informative and beneficial to us all.

I agree with the post above as well as the post saying "its a free MMORPG" so can't complain much... but free certainly is subjective to the point of buying zen for items thus motivating play which is inexorably inhibitted by unplanned maintenance... yep, I'm frustrated... took me 30 minutes of checking the loader program for server info on and off before I found this single thread (not even in the news section) to find a tiny entry with the information needed. While I still cannot complain (it IS free... ) I am wary of spending cash on something I am not guaranteed to be able to use, or plan to use, when I find it convenient...

Thanks for a fun game :) Hope there's a little more warning or at least some more easily found explanation next time.

Grothiniel
  • loroths
    loroths Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    This may explain why I can't connect to the server =P
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I personally apologize for you all not getting a message broadcast in-game before server maint.

We made sure to put up posts in the forums, but some of us don't have access to the GMs who are in game, so you all aren't the only ones who were surprised.

We did it tonight instead of last night, trying to make sure the Halloween Event worked right, and some things got fixed right.

Thank you all for helping us with the open beta test of PWI b:laugh
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • seraphimus
    seraphimus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

i agree, and at the very least server maint. periods should be posted in the announcements thread. makes it easier to find.
    It was a joke seraphallus...

XD b:laugh that was a good one... still is
  • Kaolin - Heavens Tear
    Kaolin - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I added this to favorites just in case it happens again i can check here next time i had a terrible time figuring out what happened almost deleted the game cause i was so frustrated >.<b:surrender
  • Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    wow a day late on the server maintanence aret ya? and if u say no Ill say YES YOU ARE! cause maintanence is usually scheduled for MONDAY NIGHTS not TUESDAY NIGHTS...I was wondering why I didnt get an update yet...now Immahave to sit here an wait for half an hour...so guess Ill wait LoL..
  • Zombywoof - Lost City
    Zombywoof - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    STOP WHINING! b:irritated
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Some things got updated server-side last night I think, and some things are updating client side tonight.

So you all will need to patch with the auto-patcher.

The patch servers are live right now. Game servers, not yet.
  • Feirdrin - Heavens Tear
    Feirdrin - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I was wondering why I could not get in. Maybe next time it can be posted under "news" when it's going to go down? If possible. Thankie

P.S.
    .......I reread the posts prior (had to refresh screen i guess lol) and JUST saw how people already had stated "the obvious" and I apologize for the repeated-ness of which is also contained hereof. Also I don't know why I just noticed this is open beta, and it is understandable with the event and all. So cheers on that.
  • starsnight
    starsnight Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    well can we get the manual patches up before server opens b:chuckle dont wanna be stuck like last week again
  • Vergeltung - Lost City
    Vergeltung - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Will they be online in half an hour?

I live in germany, it's 9:38 here, but I'm totally not sure what's the California time.
    0:38?
    Perfect World International Forum
    > Suggestion Box
    >Poll: Do you want to be able to change the Hotkeys?
    ThreadID: 85871
    Some comments would be nice.
    And votes.
  • Apocalypto - Lost City
    Apocalypto - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i have to agree. there needs to be a warning. i was disconnected and i started looking up other mmorpg coz i dlvled its not fair. b:shocked
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yeah, about those. Maybe Wed or Thur on the manual patches.

The cycle goes like this:

Beijing makes the manual patches AFTER the auto-patch goes out to the live servers. That is, and always will be the top priority.

Then we get the manual patches, and test them in many configs here in California.

Then, after approvals, we get them uploaded to the PWI website so you all can download them.

Several teams involved, across the globe, different time zones.

Please have patience. b:pleased
  • starsnight
    starsnight Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i've just tried patching and as usual,stuck at elements.data xD
  • Apocalypto - Lost City
    Apocalypto - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    How long to severs back up?

Goons Are Boarding My CPU i want to play before the GooNz Over Run ME!!!b:surrender

is there any pics of the new hallowen even mounts?
This discussion has been closed.