Water pet?

Options
Danni - Heavens Tear
Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Venomancer
Now that I'm bothering with pet bag quests I have more available slots, I was wondering whether it'd be worth the effort of catching a low level water pet (turtle most likely) and using that rather than just catching something nearby and only using that one time.
Post edited by Danni - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Evoke - Sanctuary
    Evoke - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    id advise turtle, but rarely do u pvp under water <_< id say its better to get like an undine or something, something with better skills & lvl... turtle gets boring after awhile anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well, I've reached the quests at the coast, Aegis camp or whatever it's called. Turns out they give you quite a good amount of water quests --- very annoying, but at the same time, I found I don't need a water pet. Sawfly works just fine.

After all, this isn't like the other games where flying takes you to a completely separate universe so stuff on the ground can't attack you and vice versa.

I can bombard stuff while flying; it will heal quickly if it can't get to me, BUT it will still rise to the surface of the water. The fly doesn't have ranged attacks, so it will descent to the surface to hit the fish --- mission accomplished: I can attack the fish while airborne, and it won't heal because it can attack my pet.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I would rather catch something nearby, it's too difficult to level a water pet. Atleast with air/land pets, you can rotate them and level them as you're doing your quests. Not like that for water pets.
  • Danni - Heavens Tear
    Danni - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    id advise turtle, but rarely do u pvp under water <_< id say its better to get like an undine or something, something with better skills & lvl... turtle gets boring after awhile anyway

Main reason I was considering turtle over undine was because undine's laugh was making me go crazy. Every time It moved it laughed again and again and again and I'd rather not lose my mind over a game. b:laugh

(also for pvp you'd want a high damage pet because most people will ignore the pet and go straight for the master, def isn't a concern)
  • Synonizir - Heavens Tear
    Synonizir - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ehh. My lvl 40 friend has a undine princess and shes fast as hell in the water. I would advise those.