Would like to choose a class

zotok
zotok Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi, I'm new to PWI and i think it's an amazing game and i can't wait to test it out!!!

But i dunno what class that would fit my style (not many stickys or guides i can read)

So i was wondering if the pros can help me choose my class!

This is my criteron:
~I LOVEEEEE to mob it's my favorite thing in any game

~I don't mind tanking just hate to level slow

~As long as damage is meduim+ (not like 7 hits to a kill a mob)

~average leveling speed is fine for me

if there is a class (mainly aoe) that fits theis critera it would be great (also if you could the build or wepon.
Post edited by zotok on

Comments

• Scrydan - Heavens Tear
    Scrydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    7 Hits? You better quit before you start. :P
    You should be a veno. Has the overpoweredness of magic, never repairs and doesn't get hit.
  • Fivefive - Lost City
    Fivefive - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It takes me more than 15 hits to kill a monster my level. :)
  • zotok
    edited October 2008
    so i shoulder be a summoner, could anyone state what kind if such? lke builds?

becuase i just wanna mob things that my one goal i'm sure theres a class that has that, but doesnt die in like 2 hits

lol, i have a lvl10 blademaster but i don't mind switching if summoner is the BEST for mobbing...but it seems they only pull?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That's a bit like saying Barbarians 'only' tank; pulling can be a rather essential ability for a lot of the major dungeons, and a good Venomancer should be exceptionally good at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zotok
    edited October 2008
    i see what you saying my i guess it just aint my "cup of tea" you would say i'm just looking for a class that can mob/Damage dealer.

If there is no such thing i'll be happy to be a venomancer and pull...i did it in rappelz and was damm good at it..
  • zotok
    edited October 2008
    is there a guide that explains the role of each class and what build it pretends to? is there such thing, or can someone give me a rough scaled information as in:

EXAMPLE
    Archer:Damage dealer(full dex):bow
    Wizard:Damage Dealer(full int):staff
    Venomancer:Puller(2str,1vit):wand
    Cleric:Healer(full int):wand

and so on....
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Doesn't "love to mob" mean "I want to AoE"?

Granted, I'm still far from anything "high level", but I don't see my Venomancer AoEing. Certainly not now (don't have AoE skills), and most likely never since I wouldn't know how to make the pet keep multiple aggro on it. From the looks of it, I send it into a group and it gets aggro from everything in range. Fine. Then I throw in my AoE spell, which will draw aggro from everything except the one monster my pet is actually hitting.

I suppose the other parts are okayish, but they aren't described with words like "LOVEEEEE".
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • geryln
    geryln Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If u wanna Mob (AOE) go blademaster, can solo at later lvls juz kiting and aoe-ing.
    not bad tank if you go the con build, good pk with the dex build. have many different skills according to weapons, i suggest you reading up on the many guides posted here and there.

Venomancer is the easiest class, best to solo, can capture rare pets, can solo HH, or TH(Twilight hall) here. must have to lure single mobs from a group.

If you want some challenge, and want to slack at the later levels, but dont mind spending on heiros, ( dunno wad its called in PWI) go archer, best DD, good ACC evade and critical, but carefull not to draw aggro from the tank.

Clerics are more for support here, and one of the more expensive characters.

wizards are DD, and are good to aoe, and tanking magical bosses.

Most Barbarians are tanks, with the highest hp growth, needed in most dungeons and bosses.
    few AOE skills.

b:laugh
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I say Wizard.. Because the game lacks of wizards
  • Azazuul - Sanctuary
    Azazuul - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You have 8-9 slots to make toons on each server, try each out, that's what I'm doing.
    Venomancer is really fun, especially when I'm alone and that's quite often.
    Archers are pretty fun too but, I think they are better either sniping or staying away from physical contact.
    Barbarian seems to beg for teams or chaos powder.
    but I'm still real new here