TOO Many player shops, in main cities = (

Clenice - Heavens Tear
Clenice - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Suggestion Box
ok, im really going to have a whine on this,... in main cites specialy like archsuar, and i dont care if its spelt wrong, there are way to many ppl using 2 comps to leave a shops to sell things, as in having to accounts to do it with, U cannot find npc for quests n such while ppl with 2 accounts cluttering the main cities right up with blasted shops, and half the time u cant see what theyre shops are titled and WAY to many, i think lower the cost of auctioning items n such so all can afford to use the auction house mainly for selling theyre items, or limited to non of player shops, or something u cant see whose who, with all the player names / titles, need to something about that,
and specially block / hiding npc near post boxes so u can harldy click to spk, ..... really need to meet half way witth something to clean up players using 2nd accounts jsut clutter main ciities with cat shops, Lowerering Auction costs so ALL can afford to use it............... im done ........... sry but i is really annoying......... now im doneb:surrender
Post edited by Clenice - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I agree, while my graphics isn't the best on the market it's still a very juicy one and the FPS (frames per second) usually gets almost unbearable in the west district of Archsuar (can't be bothered to check up on the spelling) where there are always something like 50 - 100+ vending players. While the performance mode greatly improves things it's anything but dead smooth and those with a much lesser graphic card (and other specs for that matter) would suffer even with performance mode on since it renders all the little floating coin-hugging-cats when it should render the 10 nearest ones.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Dusk - Lost City
    Dusk - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You'll understand that cat shops are essential to the game! So many items you need to sell/buy, more cat shops are needed :P
    ☺☻
  • Clenice - Heavens Tear
    Clenice - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    BS they are, they should lower the cost of selling on auctions so all can afford to sue it to sell instead of cat shops, or have it so that there only a certain space AROUND an npc in any town that u can place a cat shop, plus with so many u really cant see who is selling what, and tends to play up with ppl grahic card possibly, no matter how good their card is
    some sort of ulitmatium, is needed O.o
  • Seravin - Sanctuary
    Seravin - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ...................hiding npc near post boxes so u can harldy click to spk, .....
    ..................Lowerering Auction costs so ALL can afford to use it...............
    ....... ........... sry but i is really annoying.........

Thats right. Around Elder and Banker or Merchant. Create Clear Zones or Kittie-Shopzones. And finally: Lower the Auctioneer. So everyone can use it. spend 500coins to sell a 250coin-item?! b:cry
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Forsakenx for making this Wonderful Signature. ^-^
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There are other Merchants/Bankers around Archosaur. You really don't have to go to West Arch. I don't know...just a thought b:victory I guess it will be much easier to avoid that area once you can fly.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    BTW you can hold SHIFT + click and select an npc through players
  • Arithisti - Heavens Tear
    Arithisti - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Colour me crazy but I like the fact that there are a lot of stores in that one city in particular. When I can't find what I need in my home city I know I can count on the "mall" in Archosaur :D

However. It WOULD be awesome if a space around the NPC's were no shop zones. Sure you CAN shift+click them to get through the shops...but why do we HAVE to?
    Not to mention if one wasn't familiar with the NPC's in an area how could they know if they were looking at the tailor when no one can see her name unless they double jump and squint at an angle?
    So a no shop zone around the NPC's and cheaper auction fee's (depending on price of auction itamz if just a general lower price would affect the "economy" or whatever the reason for the charge is) would be (in my opinion) the best way to go about making the situation a little more manageable :)

It doesn't seem a big change...but i'm no programmer...what do I know b:surrender
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It could all be simpler if the 'don't display pc's' option would turn off the display of those shop-cats as well.
  • Vixenish - Heavens Tear
    Vixenish - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i call west archo "the kitty clock maze of doom" i play on 2 computers. my home computer (desk top) and a labtop. and both run horably threw west archo. the rest of the game is fine.. as soona s my computer loads ~20 kitty clocks. it goes to like 3-5 FPs. its horable. oh and trying ot use the flight master in west archo is a chore too. it takes my computer 5 mins to load all of the kitty clocks before i can even move again.
  • Vergeltung - Lost City
    Vergeltung - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    turtlewax wrote: »
    It could all be simpler if the 'don't display pc's' option would turn off the display of those shop-cats as well.

Would be nice.
    But why don't copy the auction house of WoW?
    One big cat shop for everyone.
    Perfect World International Forum
    > Suggestion Box
    >Poll: Do you want to be able to change the Hotkeys?
    ThreadID: 85871
    Some comments would be nice.
    And votes.
  • Heleena - Heavens Tear
    Heleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I agree, there are far too many people / cat shops clogging up Archosaur, and other main cities, (Etherblade kills me). I am a supporter of player vending, however, with so many people selling their wares and spamming chat all at once, things get very laggy.

A kitty zone/bazaar/marketplace would make sense. Clear the cities of player vendors and put them in one area, of their own. If you want to buy goods, then you know you're heading into lag central, but I'm sure we'd be a lot more accepting of that, when it's a matter of choice, rather than being forced to deal with it just because we're flying through town.b:thanks
  • Cetax - Heavens Tear
    Cetax - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    One thing I have seen and I know worked in the past is that having the cat shops form a line along a wall.

This way everyone's shop titles will be readable and it helps people looking for stuff to sell too!

The beauty of this is that as long as a few dozen players do it, everyone else will follow suit :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    iperfectworld.com International Perfect World
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Would be nice.
    But why don't copy the auction house of WoW?
    One big cat shop for everyone.

There is an auction house : the Auctioneers. The tricky part is getting players to use the things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vergeltung - Lost City
    Vergeltung - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    There is an auction house : the Auctioneers. The tricky part is getting players to use the things.

Ah, have read about this just a few minutes ago.^^

K, the TO said this, but I'm not a very mindful reader sometimes.

If it wouldn't have any costs, will there be a problem?
    Perfect World International Forum
    > Suggestion Box
    >Poll: Do you want to be able to change the Hotkeys?
    ThreadID: 85871
    Some comments would be nice.
    And votes.