I can't see other people in the game

chchchchia
chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
I have a few characters in the game and most work fine, but specifically my winged elf cleric has somehow gotten screwed up. I played him for awhile and it was fine, but now the last few times I've played him I have been unable to see other people in the game, just names floating around where they would be standing. This makes it frustrating when I'm trying to kill things for a quest, as I accidentally shoot things that other people are already attacking without realizing it.

I'd really like to be able to play this character more, but unless I can find a way to figure out this problem I don't think I can. Has anyone else had this happen? Any way to fix it?
ih8868.jpg
Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Etherin - Heavens Tear
    Etherin - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know what your talking about. This happened to me once. Wha you have to is go to the upper right hand corner. There should be a box that says best speed or something like that. Yours is probaly on that and you need to take it off. Click one of the other ones. It should work.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As noted above, that's usually the Best Performance settings enabled -- they turn off other player avatars, so those with lower framerates don't get overwhelmed in cities. Turning off Best Performance, if it is on, can help.

If it's been permanently set on, you'll want to click the System menu (the right-most button on the bottom right corner, which looks like two brown-red tools in an X shape), then click the Settings button (it will come up in a secondary bar, and looks like a green old-style computer monitor). From there, you'll have a Game Window pop up.

The settings you're most interested in are Distance on the System tab, and the Customization checkbox on the UI tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.