Refer your friends to PWI - get free Zen!

Comments

• Zahara - Heavens Tear
    Zahara - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    To all those complaining that ur friends have to charge zen. It has already been explained, if they don't require the charging of zen, then famers can easily get 10 accounts to lvl 10 (or even 20, because 20 is still super easy) and make $40 and a black raptor... Over and over again. LIttle time, little effort, at no cost.

At least with charging zen someone would have to pay in to get something back. Instead of totaly free.

Also.. the concept of F2P, is that paying $ is an option not a requirement. However... u can't expect to have what u really want for nothing. If you don't like the refferel program then don't participate, ur character wont get erased, u just wont get the reward.

And to be honest. If I was PWI, I would be much less interested in ur friends that can't contribute to the company's running income, than ur friends that can. Games don't run themselves.

A scam is when u get tricked. Not when u openly are told $ spending is required. It would only be a scam if they didn't actually give the zen or raptor and u met the published requirments. For those that do not understand the definition of scam, courtesy of Merriam Webster Dictionary "a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation". Please understand what words mean b4 using them.

This program seems really cool and a great opportunity to get free zen. It's suprising that people can actually complain about getting free stuff. hmm.. and someone will probably say "well its not free if u need to spend $" . YES it still is because friends & u combined $200=200g. w/ Program its $200=$240+raptor mount. The free is not the $200 which is part of the standard conversion rate. It's the $40 and raptor mount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lastae - Sanctuary
    Lastae - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was really excited when I got the email about this event this morning... until I read that my friends would have to pay. I don't have friends with money, unfortunately. But then, I've already referred most of them anyway so it's kind of a moot point anyway.
  • Raiki - Sanctuary
    Raiki - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, I think I'll refer my friends anyway cuz I'm lonely on Perfect World DX Like other have said, if they want to charge zen that's fantastic for them and I'll get a little something out of it too. If not at least I get some friends to play with. *shrug* I have no problem with that
    5 out of every 3 people can't do math.
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    but they would get referring users to try much more with less impossible goal.

Why would I care about an item if everybody in the game has it, especially if the only difference between it and another item is color?

My question is more along the lines of before this got enabled, I'd already gotten most of my friends who would be easy (or took a little work even) to convince to play playing. Is there any way I can be back credited with them already having been referred by me, and 3 of the 8 already having spent on ZEN?

Also as far as I can tell, you only have to buy zen for the account to be credited as a referral, the "friend has achieved level 10" appears to be more just for the information of the referrer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • epiphanyboy
    epiphanyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They could have made this event without involving zen, I mean I know its half marketing and half scam prevention, but why not make it to where your friends had a deadline level to meet before the event ended, a level they couldnt reach in a day or two, like 40-60. now...let a person try to lvl 10 characters up to lvl 40-60 within lets say...... 2-3 weeks? guessing here, but you get the point. And if they dont make it to the correct level before the event is over, nobody gets nothin but a thanks for trying :)
    Enough............
  • Rezinuken - Heavens Tear
    Rezinuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Still not a bad event... I need to go out and find some friends that would be willing to play to lvl 10 and to buy zen...

I can think of a couple, but them buying zen will be quit difficult. I don't mine buying zen because the game is like a hobby to me so investing cash into something that I enjoy is worth it. My wife feels the same as I do. It keeps me home and out of the bars and clubs. so all in all.

besides I would rather spend $20 bucks a week at home then over a $100 a week at a bar or club.
  • pacifica
    pacifica Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I think this is a good event =) It is not like PWI alone will benefit. It would be great to have some more friends around~and I would be glad to have some rl friends around too. Even better if some choose to spend money in the CS. <3 lol
    One question however... I have some friends that want to help me out and join but they don't have credit cards. I noticed one of the admin's posts said $20-- Is that the minimum amount to be considered referred? Or are those $10 game cards acceptable?
  • Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Blessing is correct, your friend has to charge their account, they can't simply buy ZEN in-game and make one cash shop item purchase.

Someone else asked, how soon do you get the Raptor. As soon as you reach 10 friends and cash out on the My Referrals page, you will receive your Raptor in the mail within 48 hours, you will receive your ZEN instantly.
    What about people you ALREADY referred, is there any way of having them go back and add you as a referrer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • kaza23
    kaza23 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Is it really a scam? PWI International has braught this extraordinary MMO to the public for all to play without the monthly fees associated in most MMOs. You have to understand that it is a business and business have to generate profits in order to stay in the game.

I do not think 10 referrals is asking to much. Who are we to say no one will charge zen to their accounts? There are always those whom are going to take advantage of using the boutique. I can only try to entice others to charge zen to their accounts and show them how it wil benefit them. They will make the decision to charge or not.

This is not a scam. This is the business model that alot of overseas companies are using to generate revenue. Look at this very closely, it will be the wave of the fuure in MMOs.
  • rickyrudy
    rickyrudy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The Gms wallets strike again! Just so everyone knows the only way someone can count as a "refered friend" is if they buy zen...hmm...another scam?b:thanks

i say TOTAL SCAM why do they HAVE TO BUY ZEN? i dont even have any credit card or anything like that this is a rip off to me cuz they didnt even mention from the start what the requirements were... i had to dig to find that out

pssh they made it sound easy like yeah jus get 10 friends to join and yaaay but thats silly i have 3 so far but they aint gonna buy ZEN!!! i know theyll play and reach lvl 10 but not everyone is gonna buy zen thats foolish
  • rickyrudy
    edited October 2008
    To all those complaining that ur friends have to charge zen. It has already been explained, if they don't require the charging of zen, then famers can easily get 10 accounts to lvl 10 (or even 20, because 20 is still super easy) and make $40 and a black raptor... Over and over again. LIttle time, little effort, at no cost.

At least with charging zen someone would have to pay in to get something back. Instead of totaly free.

Also.. the concept of F2P, is that paying $ is an option not a requirement. However... u can't expect to have what u really want for nothing. If you don't like the refferel program then don't participate, ur character wo

i see ur point and i understand true games dont run themselves but they didnt tell people straight up that they have tp buy zen
    and honestly i thought it was the ingame money called zen so they didnt exactly carry across the message properly right there
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well I thought this thing was awesome, as I had already got 6 friends to start playing. Until I saw this lovely side note
    Please note: Only friends who have purchased at least $20 in boutique items will be counted toward your referral total.

Complete rip off.
  • rickyrudy
    edited October 2008
    zombi wrote: »
    Well I thought this thing was awesome, as I had already got 6 friends to start playing. Until I saw this lovely side note
    Please note: Only friends who have purchased at least $20 in boutique items will be counted toward your referral total.

Complete rip off.

totally becuz i think they should show that FIRST and foremost than hiding it like that
  • Adriazirma - Sanctuary
    Adriazirma - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm excited about the game that is free, high quality (I saw "a-class" MMORPG, expensive, and much worse!), no box paying, no subscriptions - but if you want you may buy things that makes the difference. That's fair! I will see, later I'll probably pay. Now they want to make money from this because it's really no low-budget thing (from what I see) - hence it's not rip off, it's just fair. They might have make that more obvious though. :-)

I wanted to ask if it's possible to refer to people who are already in! I brought three people, they might pay later (I know them, it's probable ;-)) yet I just said to them "go to perfectworld.com!" Can I claim them later with their agreement?
  • Yoitsu - Heavens Tear
    Yoitsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Of course Perfect World Entertainment has to make money. How do you think they keep the servers up and running, pay the GM, develop expansion pack, upgrade the already existing Perfect World, translate all the text in descent English, ... I'm sorry if this may come as a shock to some of you but this is how the world works.

I think its pretty descent of PWE to offer "free to play" and then let you decide to pay or not. In many other games, you pay up front and then think "OMG, what have I just bought?!".

In my honest opinion PWI is stunning (I even force anti-aliasingx16 on it so it's even nicer). Also, the CashShop items are not overpriced (except for the Boa ... maybe to welcome the new server?) and the various services offered by PWE are good (overall). In my experience of gaming I have still have never seen another "free to play" with this quality.

To come back to the question of the thread, I also have a couple of friends and family members I had already invited before this event started. Is it possible to refer to them (with their agreement)?

Also, as we are a family, we use the same PayPal account to charge our Zhen on separate PWI accounts. Can we still refer ourselves as separate Zhen buyers?
    [SIGPIC]HighElves Faction[/SIGPIC]
  • rickyrudy
    edited October 2008
    I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Of course Perfect World Entertainment has to make money. How do you think they keep the servers up and running, pay the GM, develop expansion pack, upgrade the already existing Perfect World, translate all the text in descent English, ... I'm sorry if this may come as a shock to some of you but this is how the world works.

I think its pretty descent of PWE to offer "free to play" and then let you decide to pay or not. In many other games, you pay up front and then think "OMG, what have I just bought?!".

In my honest opinion PWI is stunning (I even force anti-aliasingx16 on it so it's even nicer). Also, the CashShop items are not overpriced (except for the Boa ... maybe to welcome the new server?) and the various services offered by PWE are good (overall). In my experience of gaming I have still have never seen another "free to play" with this quality.

To come back to the question of the thread, I also have a couple of friends and family members I had already invited before this event started. Is it possible to refer to them (with their agreement)?

Also, as we are a family, we use the same PayPal account to charge our Zhen on separate PWI accounts. Can we still refer ourselves as separate Zhen buyers?

the FUSS is about how they didnt highlight that the frends invited has to charge zen b4 u get a raptor and i have seen other games that ofers GREAT graphics and FREE like 9 DRAGONS and there is more games but anyways im not here to argue over spilt milk thats the FUSS and there are other games that ofer FREE gameplay and good graphics
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The following are my personal opinions as a gamer, NOT PWE's.

PULEEASE don't get anyone started about Ac#laim's imported Pony games, and big sigh Ga#anet (boo, boo). b:pleased
    b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So they have to spend 20 dollars AND get to level 10?

Or is the level 10 thing just another way to keep track of them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    to be honest I think its a fine thing if your friends coem and dont buy Zen then wow they are still playing and you lost and gained nothing but if they do then you gain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deidra
    deidra Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's not a scam or a con, it's just a way for these guys to make some money. With that said, I asked two RL friends to come play this game, but didn't ask them to use that link. I'm pretty sure they'll buy ZEN, it's just that it's kinda awkward to ask them to let me profit off of them. b:cute
    But that's ok, in the end I get to play a great game with my friends and the people I bring can toss a little cash toward the company that runs it, which is great cause I'm super poor b:bye
  • Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear
    Panzernoodle - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So they have to spend 20 dollars AND get to level 10?

Or is the level 10 thing just another way to keep track of them?

Well you can't buy ZEN until you are level 10. So I guess its a way to keep track of their progress of when they will be able to.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The level 10 thing, from what I have heard through the grapevine, is to deter bots somewhat so that accounts and characters can't just be made, or re-made instantly and start botting in certain ways doing certain things.

Wish I could explain more, but can't b:bye
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • mreman
    mreman Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    1. Wow ya'll complain too much! Your playing a free game, that is offering you a way to get free stuff, and you complain about it? Stop whining and begging and grow up! Whiners and beggers are as bad as bots! Ok, off my soapbox now.

2. Ok so I understand all the questions regarding people being previously referred, however I HIGHLY doubt PWI would honor those. If they did honor them then it would create a problem. Everyone would just start having all their friends say they were referred by them when they were not. Good luck trying to get them honored however.

3. I have two questions. First is since this is a limited time program, what is the length of the program? Is it known when the end date will be? Second is there a limit to the prizes? If you get 20 counted referrals can you use it to get two raptors and 8,000 Zen? Or can you only get 1 raptor, and/or only 4,000 Zen?

4. I have a suggestion. I know the reason behind the requirement of having them buy zen. PWI is a business after all, and it's the PAYING players that allow me to play for free, and I am grateful to them. However, I do still see the point that the whiners were making, which isn't really about referrals having to pay. It's about the referral program being extremely tough, and It's very unlikely that most people will be able to accomplish the goals of the program. Could the program be tweaked in a way as to offer alternatives? Lets say a referral gets to level 50 instead of 10? In that case it is obvious that your referral is a "quality" one, albeit not as much as the paying ones I understand, but still... Could referrals that do not purchase Zen still be given some value, even if it is a fraction of the value of paying ones? Could there be another prize option to cash out the non paying ones? These are only suggestions, but I think it would help a lot.
  • foxtek
    foxtek Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What a joke. How many black raptors have you seen so far? LOLLLLL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bauglir - Heavens Tear
    Bauglir - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I love PWI and if i could get the friends i would it looks like i will only get one but oh well. Keep up the great work on this great f2p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is a scam sry but it is...
  • Yoitsu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    One of my referral is another family member, But he hates spending money on free stuff. You may say it's a normal way to react and I wouldn't blame you. But you see, I'm a CashSop girl. I like to spend on neat items.b:cute

So I had the great idea to give him a $20 gift package in order to initiate the buy CashShop item on him.... OMG, what have I done!! b:shocked

I have been viewed as a "Bot" by the PWE system and now ALL my referrals have been BANNED with no warning. I'm talking about more than 10 co-workers and family members. b:angry Now they are calling me one after the other to tell me to do something or they move to another game (because they are not addicted yet)ll b:bye

Now I have a good question for GMs and I hope they will use their brain cells to answer, because if you check a couple of posts above, you will find out I used to say "I loved that game":

Do you have many bots on PWI trying to create accounts, level their homemade character to level 10 and then buy Zen?

If this was the case, you'd be VERY rich. I'm not saying that you are not but let's be realistic.

I hope you have a good answer or I may just go spend my next $200 on another "free to play" game.

To any of you reading this message, if you do not hear for me again, it will mean that our ban-trigger happy friends have done it again but this time on my account, unhappy to hear the horrible truth.
  • Yoitsu - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    The post above has been partly answered by TheShazzbot, which I tank again, in the thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102602.

The following rules forbid speaking of such subject:
    17. No representing banned members.
    Don't represent any banned individuals. They were banned for a reason. Assisting them in any way or form will lump you in the same boat.

18. No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us.

So please, ignore the post above.
  • rickyrudy
    edited November 2008
    This is a scam sry but it is...

thank u thank u
    u took a brave step of admiting the truth
    i cant blv people these days saying
    guys guys stop wining when they darn well know its a SCAM!
    WHY? BECAUSE = they didnt mention that zen had to be charged till waaay after
    when that shoudve been one of the FIRST things they mentioned all they said was to get 10 referals and thats it then later when u check ur status POOF u see oh u got to charge zen srry we didnt TELL U but u do
    so insulting acclaim and calling pony games no one was insulting PWI so dont u start PUHLEEEZ

and a matter of fact if that rule was mentioned FIRST THING I SWEAR you would BARLEY hear any WINING
    AND THATS THE TRUTH!
  • Pidanber - Heavens Tear
    Pidanber - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Had a question...

Instead of having 10 friends buying USD$20.00 worth of zen and use it in Boutique shop....
    If lets's say 1 of my friend bought USD$200.00 worth of zen and use ALL in boutique shop, does it means I get the referral and got the item?

As USD$20.00 x 10 = USD$200.00

Its the same as buying USD$200.00 one short... =P

Or do I need to have 10 friends who bought USD$20.00 each
This discussion has been closed.