Cash Shop Questions

des24
des24 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Just wondering if the cash shop items unbalance\give advantage to players in the game, beyond what you could aquire using no real money at all. I.E. a few games i've played let you basically be a god, using the cash-shop, with no real effort, and weapons\spells\ect that you cant get otherwise. Wondering if the same holds true here? Or if the cash shop was possibly just a lil bit of nothing, some asthetic items, and a few things to get quicker that other players can earn anyways.
Post edited by des24 on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There are currently no Cash Shop-only weapons or spells. Since you can purchase Cash Shop currency from other players in exchange for in-game currency, the gap between the two sides is dramatically lessened. Most Cash Shop items are also primarily aesthetic (clothing) or mostly non-combat related (mounts and flying mounts, to a degree). The performance boosts of Guardian and Spirit charms can be vast in both PvE and PvP, however, and several tactics have come about to exploit those to their maximum potential. Inventory and Bank extensions are non-combat but rather useful.

In short, they're perks. They're not godmode -- you can't simply throw money at problems and expect them to go away -- but they can make the game a lot easier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • des24
    des24 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    There are currently no Cash Shop-only weapons or spells. Since you can purchase Cash Shop currency from other players in exchange for in-game currency, the gap between the two sides is dramatically lessened. Most Cash Shop items are also primarily aesthetic (clothing) or mostly non-combat related (mounts and flying mounts, to a degree). The performance boosts of Guardian and Spirit charms can be vast in both PvE and PvP, however, and several tactics have come about to exploit those to their maximum potential. Inventory and Bank extensions are non-combat but rather useful.

In short, they're perks. They're not godmode -- you can't simply throw money at problems and expect them to go away -- but they can make the game a lot easier.

Thats good to hear. I'm trying to find a mmo that i don't HAVE to pay for, unless I absolutely want to. Thus my switch from wow, (Grinding for the l33t gear was killing me, and no pvp) and guild-wars, (god . . . just . . . god no). So thanks!
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Guardians seem to make a difference, according to posters on this forum, who also claim they are absolutely necessary at higher levels.

The game is ok, though combat action and skill system doesn't even come close to that of Guildwars, which has a one-time fee only. Can't vouch for the PvP (or PvE) balance, opinions on the forums seem varied on which class(es) are best, which could mean none is really overpowered. But character levels probably mean more at this stage of the release.