New PVP Sever

Options
Prosperity - Lost City
Prosperity - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Does anyone have a rough idea of when its coming out?
Post edited by Prosperity - Lost City on

Comments

• truvano
    truvano Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I was wondering this myself.
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm hoping for this Tuesday, but we don't know, and its against their policy to tell us ahead of time.

When it is released the new server will probably be put in during the Monday maintenance, so check every monday night/tuesday morning.
  • Byr - Lost City
    Byr - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    hopefully never. there is no such thing as to many people on a PvP server.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    Options

epic fail coming from a lvl 72
  • Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

Umm stfu? are you calling Heavens Tear stupid?
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There really shouldn't be a second PVP server. That's a stupid idea. It's best to have as many people on one server as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    There really shouldn't be a second PVP server. That's a stupid idea. It's best to have as many people on one server as possible.

I second that.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Generally higher levels don't want a new server because huge influx of noobs make their high level more significant. Plus they need the constant influx of low level FBs.

Low levels want a new server because a brand new start gives the low levels who are often late comers chance to be #1 in that server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I guess there will be a new PvP server when the players population on the current one will be high enough to make a second one viable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Generally higher levels don't want a new server because huge influx of noobs make their high level more significant. Plus they need the constant influx of low level FBs.

Low levels want a new server because a brand new start gives the low levels who are often late comers chance to be #1 in that server.

That's a load of ****. We need new players to keep the economy alive in general. Not to mention our server is nearly empty compared to your **** PVE server.
    You can have a chance to catch up easily, though if you join a guild you'll get griefed a lot..

If you have a highbie friend who's bored, catching up is nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
    edited October 2008
    Options
    . Not to mention our server is nearly empty compared to your **** PVE server.
    poor Ren.. No carebears to grief on your crappy PvP server make you unhappy?

b:cry <
    Ren

Hard to admit that most players prefer a server where high level unskilled griefers like you cannot PK them endlessly as soon as they reach level 30 eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Hard to admit that the average player is a *****?

The REALLY funny thing is, you guys have more players than us, but our average level is 70 and yours is like 50. The PVE servers TW maps are ****ing hilarious to look at. The Lost City map is FULL this week. That's it. There might be ONE territory untaken because AxeGanG's holding it in a corner for a last resort take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • Byr - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    markillian wrote: »
    epic fail coming from a lvl 72

uh, ya...my post is spot on and youre an idiot.

PvP servers thrive off conflict. More people creates more conflict which creates more PvP which is more fun.

well if youre any example...
    edited October 2008
    Options
    mystic wrote: »
    The REALLY funny thing is, you guys have more players than us, but our average level is 70 and yours is like 50.

Quite understandable.

There is a constant flow of new players coming to the PvE servers, thus making the average level going down.

While on the PvP server there are only a few new players that comes in, thus raising the average level.

Don't tell me : you failed your lessons in statictics eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• markillian
    edited October 2008
    Options
    uh, ya...my post is spot on and youre an idiot.

PvP servers thrive off conflict. More people creates more conflict which creates more PvP which is more fun.

No, my post was spot on and you're a lvl 70 who can't pk players of a similar level (or are too scared to try) so you want new players to come into the game so you can pk them to your hearts content. Which is exactly the reason why new players do'nt generally pick PvP as much as PvE.

PS lol @ Zehethos. Always funny when Zehethos posts.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options
    That's a load of ****. We need new players to keep the economy alive in general. Not to mention our server is nearly empty compared to your **** PVE server.
    You can have a chance to catch up easily, though if you join a guild you'll get griefed a lot..

If you have a highbie friend who's bored, catching up is nothing.

What the hell? You try to counter argue my post by bringing up a completely different point? This isn't politics missy and stop with the denial. Sure the economy might be depends on new players coming in, but that doesn't mean the mindset of players that I mentioned was "a load of ****."

Catch up easily? Ring me up when a noob that started the game today, addict or not, catches up to your level Ren.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

LMAO this guy fails at comprehension, severely.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhoon - Lost City
    Typhoon - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Quite understandable.

There is a constant flow of new players coming to the PvE servers, thus making the average level going down.

While on the PvP server there are only a few new players that comes in, thus raising the average level.

You're a moron. There are fewer new players coming into LC, but there are also fewer high levels to balance the average. It's all on a percentage scale, which, last I checked, is what "statistics" is all about. Don't preach a subject if you don't even know it yourself.

Lol, arrogance with stupidity is the worst personality combination... and HT seems to thrive on it judging from some of these posts.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Quite understandable.

Where do you get your statistics from? As far as I know the PvE <> PvP server issue died long ago, I really don't understand why some of you from the PvE server have to talk smack about the PvP server. Its total hypocrisy on your part.

In any case Its fine the way it is at the moment I'd rather there not be a new server because I think either population is still low
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    No, my post was spot on and you're a lvl 70 who can't pk players of a similar level (or are too scared to try) so you want new players to come into the game so you can pk them to your hearts content. Which is exactly the reason why new players do'nt generally pick PvP as much as PvE.

PS lol @ Zehethos. Always funny when Zehethos posts.
    Most guilds in Lost City has a no random PK policy. So majority of those lowbies are safe. Plus a PvP server without RageQuits isn't PvP. GM, please forget about putting another PvP. It's ridiculous and only those whining cry babies would go.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Srsly lowbies getting killed?

I'm the one usually defending them in heroes tomb
  • Byr - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options

might wanna check your facts. You could count the number of lowbies in the guilds i KOS on your 2 hands.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It doesn't even matter if you specifically only pk a few lowbies, because the players who enjoy it pk them enough for everyone
  • kenshin913
    kenshin913 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Every guild has lowbies.

Maybe you just didn't understand what he meant, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

He isn't KOSing lowbies. He's KOSing a guild, and that guild has a few lowbies in it.

Or are you trying to say that all I would have to do to prevent you from putting my guild on KOS would be to recruit 1 lvl 1 char and you'd leave me alone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CB IGN: Syphilis
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'd kill you. I wouldn't kill your lowbie.

He said that they should never make a new PvP server cause more ppl = more ppl to pk. Lots of ppl don't like starting in a PvP server after its been out for so long cause of all the bored high levels who just kill them.
  • kenshin913
    kenshin913 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'd kill you. I wouldn't kill your lowbie.

OK. Makes sense. We agree on something there. Though if I knew for sure that a certain char was someone else's lowbie alt, I would probably still kill them.

He said that they should never make a new PvP server cause more ppl = more ppl to ks. Lots of ppl don't like starting in a PvP server after its been out for so long cause of all the bored high levels who just kill them.

Nobody on this thread has mentioned ks except for you.
    Why would a lvl 7x ks a lowbie? That would be dumb. You would just get no experience from it, and you'd get lots of other people mad at you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CB IGN: Syphilis
    edited October 2008
    Options
    t0yo wrote: »
    Where do you get your statistics from? As far as I know the PvE <> PvP server issue died long ago, I really don't understand why some of you from the PvE server have to talk smack about the PvP server. Its total hypocrisy on your part.

T0yo, I was answering to the post of your own guild leader... So the hyprocrites here is you and your GL as far as I can tell. And also, go read the post by Ren in this same thread.

You fail (as usual). b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    T0yo, I was answering to the post of your own guild leader... So the hyprocrites here is you and your GL as far as I can tell. And also, go read the post by Ren in this same thread.

I'm curious what you mean by referring to Ren here. I mean, I know you don't play on our server, so I don't see why you would assume that he griefs low level players. As far as I've seen from Ren, he avoids lowbies like the plague.

Edit: Reread the thread, and I see where Ren calls HT a **** server. Can't argue with the guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    Options

lol. Yea if I get a dollar for the number of times t0yo's guildie has belittled the PvE server I'd license this game myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    Options
    kenshin913 wrote: »
    OK. Makes sense. We agree on something there. Though if I knew for sure that a certain char was someone else's lowbie alt, I would probably still kill them.

Nobody on this thread has mentioned ks except for you.
    Why would a lvl 7x ks a lowbie? That would be dumb. You would just get no experience from it, and you'd get lots of other people mad at you.

Typo meant pk