I can't get update automatically GM help plz

silvedragon
silvedragon Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
The version of PWI is 16 and always stop at elements.data when updating. I uninstall it and reinstall and update from 1-16 (cuz there's no 1-17). And the problem still exist. Last time I have same problem but I can find the manual patch here. This time someone forgot to put the manual patch in the download site. Can someone help plz and put the manual patch on, appreciate. Grrr....Try again. Try again. I have been trying all afternoon now. GM help!!!!!
Post edited by silvedragon on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Please put threads in the most relevant forum on the matter.

Make sure that your firewall allows access to all of the patch servers. Those now include :

That's the most common issue, and the most reliably problematic. Simply turning off Windows Firewall while updating can be a major help (be sure to turn if back on after you download).

If running XP, make sure you have the East Asian Language support/packs installed.

Some users have had luck renaming the problem file to *_old.*. This isn't supported, but it does seem to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
  • silvedragon
    silvedragon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks Aryannaveno, Those two files works great and I finally updated to 18. Don't know why they don't have manual patch updated (some ppl in PWI off today). Back to everyday quest and world quest now. Thanks again. Next time I'd like to see the official one update tho, they should hire u rather than the person who do the web update(alright, enought I close my mouth now)
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Lol! All I did was update those two files from my fully patched version. If they were to hire me I wouldn't be allowed to do this. The GM's do not support me doing this though they allow it or rather keep a blind eye to it thank god. Anyway my fully patched files do not seem to help everyone but I did try is all I can say. Those who now still have a problem... I have not managed to find the files they need as they are somewhere else ie in a different file by the time the patch is done.
This discussion has been closed.