Sawfly movement issue?

Options
kargor
kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Venomancer
Well, maybe it's because it's a flying pet... used to air, and since the ground is made from earth it can't see it. Ocasionally, instead ot attacking my target, it almost looks like it's stuck in the ground. Noticed it a few times already in areas with hills...

I guess it shouldn't happen to airborne monsters, which is why I want the fly in the first place :-) But I'll probably keep levelling it on the ground...

So, is this something that "just happens"?
Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
Getting too grindy by now :-(
Post edited by kargor on

Comments

• Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    yes, it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yes, it does get stuck once in a while. I unsummon it, move a bit and summon it again. Usually fixes the problem. My friend jumps to unstick it, but when I tried it, it didn't seem to work lol
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Not much of a surprise, really. Considering the thing is supposed to by a "fly" of sorts, it hugs the ground like it wants to go underground :-) Almost as if they use the location where they put the circle when you click on it as the base sometimes...
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There is another possible solution and that is changing the pet's state (i.e. if on attack, switching to defend and vice-versa). My sawfly seems to respond to that better than jumping around and it's faster than stow/summon. Probably has a lot to do with personal preference too.
  • talien
    talien Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It seems like flying mobs handle movement differently than walking mobs, send a flying pet to attack something on the other side of a small hill and almost every time it'll get stuck because it tries to move in a straight line instead of moving with the terrain. Compare this to a walking pet, which moves right over the hill normally.
  • beardedclam
    beardedclam Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I made another post on this, not seeing this one first. But this isn't normal. Flying pets shuldn't nose dive and become moles because we said attack. Its a mapping problem of the contact points of the pet. They need to fix this. My damn fly plows gardens like a trencher and is near impossible to lvl.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I made another post on this, not seeing this one first. But this isn't normal. Flying pets shuldn't nose dive and become moles because we said attack. Its a mapping problem of the contact points of the pet. They need to fix this. My damn fly plows gardens like a trencher and is near impossible to lvl.

Go grind on flying mobs then. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amrael - Dreamweaver
    Amrael - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Hard to Fly-fight when you are under lvl 30 as Venos OMGLAZERZ :p

this "bug" will probably stay like this till the end of time cause of how targeting works in PW : the "targeting point" is in fact always at mobs "feet" ; another ways to understadn how targeting works is when the Shaodu Cub does his "rolling cause i'm happy" emote : there is always a pixel that "stay in place".

this unmovable point is what i suppose to be the "reference" for NPCs, PCs, pets and mobs location for the server.

and it ends for flying pet to stuck themselves in terrain when it's not a plain.

only way to avoid that is to always attack from a higher spot when leveling a flying pet.

for "recall" the pet while he's stuck : have him i "passive mode" ( the little hand holding a leash ), make him stop attacks, and follow mode ; this way he came back at you withoiut the need to unsummon him
  • NecroKitty - Harshlands
    NecroKitty - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Do all flying pets do this or just mainly the sawfly? I been trying to lvl a sawfly and it seems to get hung up and the smallest of obstacles. And the longer you use this pet the lower into the ground it seems to fall. I constantly have to jump up in the air to keep sawfly from plowing the ground, as another poster stated. That exactly what it looks to be doing, plowing he ground. I'm trying to kill mobs not make a garden.

Let me go back to my original question. Do all flying pets do this or just mainly the sawfly? Is foxwing any better in regards to getting stuck on hills?
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    When using my Nix, I normally jump into the air and as my pet follows me, I send it down to attack at the apex of the jump. I try never to send my pet straight down for the reason below.

You need to be careful, though. If your flying pet isn't getting attacked back, then you've glitched the mob and need to call your pet back. Glitching mobs (and bosses) with your pet is a bannable offense, not to mention unfair.

Don't even get me started about how we can get banned for glitching mobs/bosses, but it's ok if our flying pets get glitched/stuck on the ground. b:surrender

I wish they would fix both, make it so flying pets cannot glitch mobs/bosses and also make it so flying pets don't get stuck in the ground.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]