Mirage Celestones???

Jerol - Lost City
Jerol - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Does anybody know what mirage celestones are for?
Thank's in advance :D
Post edited by Jerol - Lost City on

Comments

• Scrydan - Heavens Tear
    Scrydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's *practically* the only way to get a weapon with +1.
    If not, only Lengendary, HH/TT and Lunar weapons have +1.
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's *practically* the only way to get a weapon with +1.
    If not, only Lengendary, HH/TT and Lunar weapons have +1.

not entirely correct

mirage stone add +'s to any equiptment. all equiptment (inc Legendary, mold-made, HH etc) originally come with no +s.

addiing +'s is done at any elder with 1 mirage stone for armour / jewelry or 2 mirages for weapons.

on weapons, it adds to the basic attack (or both p & m-attack on magic weps)

on armours it adds HP

on jewelry it adds either pdef or mdef to rings (pdef on p-attck rings and mdef on m-attck rings), or adds to type of defense on neck or waist (be it pdef, mdef or dodge)

the amount of attack, health or resists/dodge it adds per + is dependent on the level (rank) of the item you are +ing

there is no gurantee that an upgrade will be successful (unless using the cash shop item (pearl) that guarantees success). failure will result in loss of the mirage stone(s) and the item will be reverted to +0 (if already +1 or above beforehand), unless of course you use (another) cash shop item that protects against it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Despite that nice amount useful of inforrmation... is there even more information somewhere, such as how much is added for a certain device level, or what the success chances are?

Basically, I haven't cashed in my celestones and fragments yet... that way they only need 4 inventory slots instead of 5.

However, knowing some numbers would help to figure out when it might be worth using this stuff --- or whether it's worth trying at all on anything but the final equipment :-)
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    kargor wrote: »
    Despite that nice amount useful of inforrmation... is there even more information somewhere, such as how much is added for a certain device level, or what the success chances are?

i've never come across a resource anywhere that details the exact amount of benefit per + on items. basically, the higher level the item, the greater the benefit to adding each + is.

default success rates are unpublished, but the bottom line is going from +0 to +1 has a very high success rate, and +1 to +2 has a >50% success rate. without cash shop items, increasing any further than +2 is VERY UNLIKELY
    what i recommend is going to +2 without cash shop help, and +2 upwards with the use of the item mall

for territory owning guilds, each territory has its own NPC that they can use for upgrades (as well as having additional craftables) which can have higher success rates for refining at specific +'s (e.g. some have a higher success from +0 to +1, or +5 to +6, or w/e). if you ask Duke of Deer (or whatever he is called in this version) enough questions he will reveal to you which NPCs have higher successes and at what refinement level.

as to when you start +'ing, it is entirely up to you. since gold (mold) items have good resale value and demand, i would always + them up (even fb19 drops)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jerol - Lost City
    Jerol - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thank you all for your help ;-)