Hybrid or tribrid?

Options
sliv3r
sliv3r Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Blademaster
Hey hey hey!

Though I'm new here I don't want any relief. I'll make it quick - is blademaster build with 2, 3 or even all 4 types of weapons a good idea? In some mmos the best melee characters are the ones, that use all the most powerful skills from all skill trees class has. Is this working here?

And 2nd question, little noobish but still question - what's max lvl here? :P
Post edited by sliv3r on

Comments

• Truvisionary - Sanctuary
    Truvisionary - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    don't know about the weapon thing, but I'm pretty sure max lvl is 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've never seen a build that uses all 4 weapons, I don't think its possible unless you put absolutely ZERO points into con or magic. You would have to devise a 3str/2dex even 2str/3dex odd per level build MAYBE.

It is NOT a good idea though because there is a max level, that means that there is a max amount of spirit, which is used to upgrade your skills. And to max them out gets expensive.

I'm not saying don't do it, but I've yet to see it be done or even talked about in a good way. I don't have much play experience, but I read ALOT while at work.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • sliv3r
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Actually it seems, that on 105 lvl con when using all 4 best weapons will be like 35, it's a little bit low huh? :P I was wondering actually about tribrid build. I heard that fists are the weakest weapons of blademaster, so I was wondering if not use swords/axes/poles. Poles requires most str and str is (almost) never enough, and fists requires a lot of dex - actually useless in bigger numbers for blademaster - am I right? So, in tribrid-like build with swords/axes/poles it will be like 100 con on on max lvl on his char. Now my question - is that a lot?
  • Monarch - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I honestly don't know for sure. I know that I have seen fist/blade builds (both dex based (AMAZING 1 vs 1 fights)) and Axe/Polearm builds (both str based (GREAT TW/AoE ability)) but for all three...I just don't know. May as well try it and be the only of your kind. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sliv3r
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I suppose so :P Well, thank You though, You made me some things clearlier, thx ^^
  • Monarch - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It would be a stretch but you should probably do enough str for the axe/polearm..whichever needs more str) and enough dex for the fist/blade...and any point you can manage into con. Will take a LOT of figuring out per level before you even get started. For this kind of build you will have to have a strict stat allocation diet.

good luck! IF you go to the lost city server, look me up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chong
    chong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    max lvl is 150 in Malaysia English Server currently

not sure about China Server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    YOU JUST GOT OWNED b:bye
  • sliv3r
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think that I'll probably make sword/fist build first - better on PvP and it doesn't have so low number of AoE skills, then, if I'll still feel need of making something more, I'll probably choose axes instead of poles - less str requirements -> more con. Well, time will show.
  • Monarch - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    since your talking pvp are you coming to the Lost City server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scrydan - Heavens Tear
    Scrydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    don't know about the weapon thing, but I'm pretty sure max lvl is 105.

That's why you can get lvl 133 armors/weapons.b:pleased
  • xfiercex
    xfiercex Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    most people only learn 2 because thats all you can with the spirit you get
  • fossy
    fossy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I honestly think you would be wasting your time trying to do three weapons, and using 4 would be nearly impossible. What i ended up doing was going axes/polearms for aoe, stuns and TW. If you go swords, you already have enough dex to use polearms so you could do that as well. But if you are going swords, i wouldnt go axes as well because of the stat requirements. You would need soo much str and dex that you are leaving very few points to put into con that you are gonna leave yourself with very little hp. And i cant remember who said that dex in high numbers isnt good, but that isnt true either. Every 20 points of dex raises your crit by 1%, and crit is always nice to have. So if you want to do what i did, put enough str on you to use your axes, and enough dex to use polearms and then dump the rest into con. This build wont have as much HP as a pure axe BM, but you will deal good dmg and you will crit alot more than a pure axe built.