F2p?

forcabarca
forcabarca Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
is it really free to play? cuz ive got a dilema btw 2 games and i wanna play(for free) this 1.
Post edited by forcabarca on

Comments

• troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    forcabarca wrote: »
    is it really free to play? cuz ive got a dilema btw 2 games and i wanna play(for free) this 1.

this game will cost you an arm and a leg to play.

read this 78 page thread that was pushed into obscurity - the admin here are trying to hide the real cost of this game in a buried forum.

enjoy (and go play that other game).
  • ashron
    ashron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    play a venomancer as a maincharacter and it's totally free, even if you want cashshop items, just learn how to play that class and be fine.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This game is far from f2p.

Go spend less money and play something like WAR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • troll
    troll Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    *bump*.......................................
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It is free to play.

But don't expect to be very competitive compared to those who do put money into the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Jagermeister - Lost City
    Jagermeister - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Observation... anecdote

Free to play games with cash shop cost DRASTICALLY MORE a month then pay to play games at $15 a month.

A pseudo-competative player will spend loads more money in the cash shop and hardcore players will easily spend over $100 a month in cash shop games.

I've spend $200 so far in 3.5 weeks of playing (although the first month is always the most expensive since mounts, bank extension, ...)

Also though once you get higher lvl in game you can farm your own money and buy Zen from people selling it so it ends up getting cheap to play. So its sort of a tier system expensive in the beginning, cheaper near the end, and usually free end game when you can make more money then you can spend.
    Cleric - Member of Unlimited [Lost City]

Invincible 220/24 Keeper - SC Ring of Destruction (Anarchy Online)
    Invincible 63 Warrior - Genocide (Knight Online)
    Invincible 120 Priest - Leader Primal (Corum Online)
    Invincible1 109 Segnale - Leader Primal Instinct (2moons)
    Jagermeister 80 Priest of Mitra - Primal Instinct (Age of Conan)

Sub-Leader Primal Instinct Gaming Services Network
    "PKing since Pong"
    www pigsnet.com
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yes its free to play, but as many others said b:shocked if you dont use or buy cash shop items.. people wont invite you to groups ect..

I think im down to my last gold by now, and i wont be buying any rest of this year lol
    This game cost more than a normal pay to play game, if you count on the endless use of charms and inv ext stones ect..

Good luck.
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's free to download, install, run, create a character, and play the game...but you will VERY quickly find that your ability to play is extremely limited without buying cash shop items.

Of course, if you play a Venomancer you can easily just purchase Cash Shop money (Zen) using the in-game gold you'll make playing that class.

Pretty much any other class you're going to have to dish out tons of cash unless you don't mind leveling up extremely slowly in comparison to your peers.

And don't even think about being invited to an AoE party after level 60 if you don't have charms (another cash shop item or one that is extremely expensive to buy in game)...even at level 60 you'll go through about 1-2 silver mana charms every 2 hours in an AoE party (if you are a 'damage-dealer' or cleric). At $2.50 a charm... and 1-2 charms every 2 hours...well...try being in a party a day and you'll have spent a lot money...

Now imagine spending that amount of money each week...

It gets very expensive very fast.
    And the higher levels are either the ones with TONS of real life money to dish out, or friends of those kinds of people who get items for cheap.

So make some friends with some rich people and hope they sell you items for cheap in-game coins.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • forcabarca
    forcabarca Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lol from what ya all said here im supposed to be some kind of a mmo freak or something to spend tones of cas ^^

well..i downloaded this game and i don't really see (As for now) that i need to spend any rl cash. .but i think i'll just figure it out how screwd i am in higher lvls..

hope that it will be ok for now..ty all
  • Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Game is free

Item mall is money.
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You are not obligated to utilize the cash shop in Perfect World International. It is by no means a requirement to play. There are players who use the cash shop excessively and purchase anything that strikes their fancy. There are also users who utilize cash shop items regularly, but do not spend any real money in order to attain them.

You do not pay based on the amount of time you invest, you pay based on your own personal interest and your own desire to pay.

If you choose to never pay money, that is your choice, hence the term "Free to Play".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.