Play for free?

cz34
cz34 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
I am only level 11 but have made in their in about 5 game play hours, first toon. Someone in chat said it takes 90 game play hours to get to level 19?

Is the level increase that steep that fast?

If it is not, how long would it take to get to 19?

How far can a person reasonably reach without paying for the game, I read it was level 40.

Lastly, is it even worth playing if you are not going to put money into it.
Post edited by cz34 on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have a level 58, a level 31, a level 23. I have not spent 1 dollar on this game. I buy cash shop items from other players with game money.

I've gotten to level 19 in 2 days and 40 in 5 when I tried.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • cz34
    edited October 2008
    I have a level 58, a level 31, a level 23. I have not spent 1 dollar on this game. I buy cash shop items from other players with game money.

I've gotten to level 19 in 2 days and 40 in 5 when I tried.

So from 11 to 19 is going to take me 40 game play hours. The XP increase is huge I guess.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Someone in chat said it takes 90 game play hours to get to level 19?
    I hope not. I didn't spend near that much time, and I did a lot of questing partially AFK.
    It depends on how you play, and how you group, as well as what class you're playing. Running a solo Barbarian in tiger form and grinding enemies alone could take 90 hours, but running through quests and joining quick groups when viable, or playing ranged Archer with a damage focus, seems to go much faster.

As far as I've seen, the levels come pretty fast in this game, even mid-way in.
    How far can a person reasonably reach without paying for the game, I read it was level 40.
    I've easily reached 30, and taken down some enemies half-way to 40. I expect that you can reach much further than that; players seem to have little issue hitting the mid-50s even on the new server.
    In all honesty, it depends on what you as a player are expecting out of it. This is a big, interesting game -- before the Cash Shop mechanic was dropped in, this was intended to be a subscription-based game and compete with the big boys, and the sheer awesomeness of the game world reflects that.

Because you can trade coins for Cash Shop items and Cash Shop currency, the gap between paying and not paying is not overwhelmingly vast... but you're probably not going to be getting as much out of a PvP encounter as someone that can buy Silver Charms by the bushel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cz34
    edited October 2008
    I started a cleric and like I said I made it to 11 in a reasonable if not quick amount of time. I appreciate the info and if anyone else has any pertinent thoughts please post them.
  • Rederina - Heavens Tear
    Rederina - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    it will take around 20 hours from 1 to 19
  • shadowsk
    shadowsk Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    cz34 wrote: »
    I am only level 11 but have made in their in about 5 game play hours, first toon. Someone in chat said it takes 90 game play hours to get to level 19?

Is the level increase that steep that fast?

Hey I am new 2b:pleased
    DEATH NOTEデスノート
    日本大阪[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keilani - Heavens Tear
    Keilani - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    That's not true ^_^

I've been playing 4 days and I'm already lvl 30 :P Only money I've spent on the game is to buy clothes :P
    Keilani
    Cleric
    Heaven's Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashtad - Sanctuary
    Ashtad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I think time to lv will depend geartly on what class you are and what you do in game. Do you quest a lot? Do you just got arund and kill mobs? do you party with others on stuff? all of this will effet how quick you lv:)

as for paying for the game, so far iv only found one thing that i have spent my money on...inv and safe room:) Im a packrat so i ran out of room quckly and was too impatin to grind mobs for items for the quest to extend the safe room:) other then that, i have yet to see anything that i felt i could not do without in the cash shop, making me feel like that this is truly going to be a play for free game:)
  • Titan - Heavens Tear
    Titan - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    well people in closed beta got to like lvl 20 on the first day but i guess that was from the excitement of the game comming out
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I hit 20 my first day too.... 30 on like my third day. I did not play in closed beta either, I just figured everything out on my own.
  • Drkgem - Lost City
    Drkgem - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    That's not true ^_^

I've been playing 4 days and I'm already lvl 30 :P Only money I've spent on the game is to buy clothes :P

you do you add pics in forums?? by the way.. u look mad cute.. b:laugh
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You can play without real $ , just it's a bit harder. Im playing mage that is one of most expensive class without any real $ , if you play veno it's also a lot easier.Venomancer are a really cheap class.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Cheap to a certain extent. Depends on how much money you farm. Pet skills alone cost about like 300k average. Then 200k to level them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Depends on gaming style, I guess... I can usually get to level 13 in a single night of playing (usually about 3-4 hours uninterrupted), but it slows down a bit after that. As long as you're taking on all the available quests and can get some assistance with the grinding (20 of this, 35 of that), you can count on about 1 level every hour to hour and a half till around level 38 or so.

This is just going by my own experience, btw, it may vary from person to person. It doesn't hurt to spend some money in the game, though... one, because the developers/GMs/admin/tech people deserve some support; and two, because the BEST investment I ever made was my spurred panther at level 20. Because running everywhere is a pain in the butt, lemme tell you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."
  • LifePromiser - Sanctuary
    LifePromiser - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Bumping an old thread isn't cool.