Ancient China and **** Marriage

2»

Comments

• Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You're an ignorant ****. If you don't want to explain what this means to a child, then don't have any child you know read this.

Someone of your mind is not suited to these modern times.

NOW your trolling this guy? I think you need to learn to shut the hell up and control your anger mrs. Angry panty pants ****. I think you need anger management classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    They make **** ***** marriages in game and I will be filing a formal protest and imforming the software rating office to force a R18 rating on perfect world.
    (Delete this one too ya fascists, I guess your from Communist China and don't care for free speech)

No one even cares about ratings anymore... You see 12 year olds walking into a store and buying Resident Evil or something like that.

And that Communist China thing was uncalled for. b:angry
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Sifow - Sanctuary
    Sifow - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The whole world is corrupted and hateful, why bother?

I just love seeing all the close minded idiots in the world. Too bad many are players too eh? If people like to discriminate others to enjoy life, they really are pitiful souls.

Being **** myself, I've learned to hate the homophobes right back. To the point I won't even acknowledge them as humans.

This is just a random post on my thoughts of the current world. Think of it as useless or whatever...Just felt the need to type something here.

As for the topic about no **** marriages because this is based on ancient Chine...It does kinda bother me but I never expect much out of asian made mmo games...or games in general. Many games are created by close minded people or just blah games themselves. I'm not discriminating, just saying they are behind in the times. Not to mention most players or game creators are perverted straight men.
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    "Being **** myself, I've learned to hate the homophobes right back. To the point I won't even acknowledge them as humans."

Hating back won't change anything and you're just using extra energy to do that. Don't waste that good energy! XDD

Anyway, each game out there is unique (well usually) in its own way. If this one doesn't want **** marriage, so be it. It's just a game and will not affect your outside life with being ****/**** or whatever. If you don't want to work around it and make an opposite gendered character, then that's your own problem. There was an easy solution and you didn't take it.

All those people making topics suggesting ****/**** unions on PW-I...I don't know why you keep trying when you know what the answer will be each time. And in case you didn't get the first, second, third, or infinite time, the answer will be NO. >:

Anywhoozle, back to OP, this is a very interesting read and glad that you brought it up because I was curious. X'DD Though...didn't your English teacher ever tell you to NEVER rely/use Wikipedia? Rofl.

And as an extra tidbit before anyone goes crazy and starts calling me "racist" (dunno how, but someone got called that first page) or a homophobe, I have nothing against ****/****/bi folks. I'm a girl and I love womenz (lol). I'm just trying to reiterate some things because some folks just don't understand what "no" means.
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Kelebek - Sanctuary
    Kelebek - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think this whole thread is flawed in that, this game is Malaysian, not Chinese. Malaysian roots stem more from India than China, and it has more in common with Singapore (Of which it's always been illegal), and, as far as I know, it's always been looked down upon/illegal for same-sex marriages in Islam which is the official religion.

EDIT: Oh, and look what I just found:
    Malaysia declares same-sex marriages illegal

15:32 2005-11-14 The Malaysian government said Monday it would not recognize a marriage between a man and his transsexual spouse, believed to be the first such union in this mostly Muslim country.

http://newsfromrussia.com/world/2005/11/14/67627.html
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-5365.html
    KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia: Police in Malaysia, where sodomy is a crime, broke up a **** sex party and arrested 37 men, including a Briton and a Chinese national, a senior official said Tuesday.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/11/06/asia/AS-GEN-Malaysia-****-Party.php

As it's against the law, and they're subject to that law, I'm not even sure if they're allowed to have it in the game...
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Perfect World Entertainment is a North American subsidary of Perfect World Co., Ltd., a large corporation based in China. Neither company is, as far as I am aware, Malaysian in origin.

A company does offer Perfect World for individuals in Malaysia (please do not link to them, there's more than enough people downloading the wrong client as is). They aren't the game's developers, nor are they providing servers for this service, if I understand the relevant sources correctly. Perfect World Co LTD offers the license to a number of other countries, as well.

That provides a disincentive toward coding content, since Malaysian (and probably a few other countries) have very strong attitudes against **** marriage and thus could not use the code, but I think there's a certain point where PWRD has realized that some content will only work in some places, and that point was quite a long while ago.

That's not to say anything about Perfect World Entertainment or Perfect World Co LTD's stances on the matter, of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • *lucia* - Heavens Tear
    *lucia* - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wonderful, less children need to play this game anyway. b:pleased

It's sorta weird responding to this comment DESPITE what's going on around it! But I'm just curious why do you think less children should play...This game was really created with the intention of young teens playing it right? Correct me if i'm wrong (No sarcasm intended).

Ps. I completely agree with you! What's wrong with **** marriage? It's be better for PWI financially anyway! More wedding packets sold....MORE MONEY! And I agree with this also....If they are going to express Chinese culture in the game why not express it all!? b:pleased
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I have nothing against bi folks.

Well that's good or I might not help your Veno with FB51. b:chuckle Just kidding, I'll help. b:laugh

But yes, it's never going to happen no matter how many threads and petitions and whatnot get added. No matter how many people want it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a "new" suggestion here, most were already asked for on other versions. This game is not new, if it's not been changed by now it's not going to be.

As for the person complaining about Free Speech? You are free to say whatever you want, but internet forums are not the real world and you don't have any rights there other than what the owners of the forums allow you. People need to really actually read the First Amendment before trying to use it in an argument. As far as I can tell neither Perfect World Co., Ltd. nor Perfect World Entertainment are not Congress or the Government, nor is this a public place, it's a private one and you gave up certain rights by signing up for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Your right...I live by words like morality & honour, very unheard of nowadays. There is a reason for males and females.

Certain orifices in the human body are made for one specific thing. Certain human organs are made for a specific thing and a specific action.

"These Modern Times" ..yes, **** , murdering, bombing, genocide, AIDS, g_ay marriages against the word of God. (God? Whats that?)
    There was a reason Sodom and Gamora was destroyed.

"Modern Times", you can have them ... I'm glad I won't have to deal with them much longer (Old)
    I pity the poor young people and those being born that have to live in the 'Modern' future.

As a Christian I have to agree with the salt of your sentiments. On the other hand it's this sort of separatism and lack of Christlike charity that's caused this HUGE rift between these communities. Abhor the sin, but love the sinner sort of thing. We don't like it when they throw fundamentalism in our faces, they don't like it when we throw hellfire in their faces. For the most part live and let live, man.

Consensual sins are just that. Nobody is forcing their actions on the other that way.

To the OP, great stuff man. People need to realize the setting they are in. Personally, I could dig it if there was some more Chinese mythos in here! From the descriptions before signing up I was expecting a heavier influence. I mean, that's sort of what role-playing is about isn't it? Playing the role of the character in the setting it's in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • Kizzy - Raging Tide
    Kizzy - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This work is for mature people. It is not intended to offend or slander, but rather present information as to why PW, a game based on Chinese lore, does not allow for same sex marriage. You can look here in order to get a more through understanding Chinese culture and sexuality. Before you suggest the ability of **** marriage, please consider the following.

Three schools of thought were prevalent in China in ancient history. That was Taoism, Buddhism, and Confucianism. All three schools of though believed in the duality commonly called the Yin and the Yang. The Yin was the female aspect and the Yang was male, and people usually possessed both, but generally more of the one assigned to the appropriate gender. It was also believed that women possessed an unlimited supply of Yin where as the man possessed a limited quantity of Yang. AS such, it was though that wasting Yang energy with someone of the same gender was a waste. It was also believed that it was the duty of a man to produce offspring but he was not limited in his encounters in what the ancient Chinese called "The Clouds and the Rain." So long as a man had a wife, he was free to do as he pleased with either gender. As for women, they were largely unregulated in behavior until the rise of Confucianism. This was because it was commonly thought that a woman could never waste her Yin as it was unlimited.

However, in later history, male homosexual behavior was confined to the upper class. This is because it was believed that male on male activities was considered an indulgence rather than a duty. But up until about 1740, the behavior was not punishable, and even then it was just kept secret. However, even though it was frowned upon starting in 1740, it was not considered sinful by any Chinese religions at the time.

Now, since this game is based on Chinese culture and mythology, you have to take into account that certain things are not though about. I'm neither for or against same gendered characters getting married, I am just presenting information showing that it was not something that was permitted and because of that, those morals were translated into the game.

If you want to do further reading I suggest the Wikipedia article on the subject as well.

Wiki is not a history. In fact it is not even considered a reliable source. People who visit Wiki are often the ones who enter the information.

As a historian of Chinese culture I believe you need to have your eyes opened up before you make another pointless statement. In Chinese Courts of Emperors, they had Boys and Girls who were with them 24/7. The Boys stayed mainly with the Emperors and the Girls, mainly with the wives. These people were there to make sure that their masters were clean, fed, and satisfied. There has been many records found where, in most cases, these people satisfied their masters sexual needs before their masters went to council or battle.

Two of the best Military Leader examples are Alexander and Napoleon. These two generals were perhaps the greatest military strategists in Europe. They were also openly **** and only married females because of the requirements of them keeping their Nobel titles, as history has proven time and time again. So if the greatest war minds were ****, then why are you so against **** marriage in the game?

How can you tell who is who? It could be 2 male characters run by husband and wife IRL. I think that if marriage is allowed to be in the game, it should include **** and lesbians as well. You never know who is your wife. Perhaps the girl you JUST married is 46 years old, 300lbs, and ALSO A GUY. So, you married a guy in the game pretending to be a girl.... Why is openly **** so frowned upon then?

Yes, everything I have stated is a manner of FACT. Instead of researching your homophobic claims and leaving out the relevant information, I suggest that you search honestly and see for yourself. My facts come from a wide selection of sources including:

Library of Congress, The National Coalition for History, Society for Historians of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era, National Coalition for History, and finally The Smithsonian Institution.

Homophobic people have made many claims to make their cases reliable, but it is all a farce. You can take any passage of history and reword it to make your opinion stand. However, in doing that you may make your case more believable to begin with, but in the end the trut will come out and you will be seen as just another voiceless opinion based on your own beliefs and not those of actual FACTS.

My claim about Wiki is also based in FACT:

Wikipedia:About

Taken from an excerpt of that page:

Wikipedia (pronounced /ˌwiːkiˈpiːdi.ə/, WEE-kee-PEE-dee-ə or /ˌwɪkɨˈpiːdi.ə/, WI-ki-PEE-dee-ə) is a multilingual, web-based, free-content encyclopedia project based on an openly-editable model. The name "Wikipedia" is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia. Wikipedia's articles provide links to guide the user to related pages with additional information.

Wikipedia is written collaboratively by an international group of volunteers. Anyone with internet access can write and make changes to Wikipedia articles. There are no requirements to provide one's real name when contributing; rather, each writer's privacy is protected unless they choose to reveal their identity themselves.

So the information received by Wiki, MIGHT be a historian or it could even be a 10 year old little kid. There is no guarantee that the information is 100% correct.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:shocked HUGE NECRO b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Please do not resurrect topics that have been inactive for more than a month, this is considered necromancy and is not permitted. For reference, this topic was necroed on December 23rd, it had been inactive since October.

I've PMed you about this issue already Kizzy, if you would like to discuss it further please send me a PM.
This discussion has been closed.