UPDATE stuck

slingblade
slingblade Posts: 15 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
Yes i have did read through the all of the fourms.
i am a lvl 40 Veno. my pc crashed last night so i reformatted.
i went to update and it just sticks at badwords.txt.
badwords.jpg
i have also tried to do the Manuel update and no go it just will not work. i get the same thing.
can anyone please help me?b:angry
Post edited by slingblade on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Make sure you download the client here: http://perfectworld.com/download/client

When you re-install. You should be able to autopatch from within the game. If it hangs, wait about 5 mins and see if anything happens with it.

Then exit the game and restart it. Resume the download for when it was patching. It should proceed.

You may have to repeat this process multiple times.

If all else fails, and you have done a fresh re-install, grab the 1-16 manual patch from the link above in this post.

To install a manual patch, make sure you do not have the game running. Double-click on the manual patch .cup file. The front end of the game should pop up, and the patch should update and then you should be good to go.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Badwords errors are usually related to the East Asian Language pack, so you probably want to install that while you've got your Windows install disk handy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mawc192
    mawc192 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i have had the same problem but with the file "elements.data" but no matter how many times i retry it doesnt do anything. and the patch doesnt even download lettalone work. does anyone know if the free dvd comes with the patches on it
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The DVD does only includes version 1 of the client. There are complexities involved in updating that, so it's not clear when an update to DVD will come around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]