RP (Role-Playing) Server?

Hykku - Heavens Tear
Hykku - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
Dunno if this has been suggested or not, but maybe you can open up a RP Server for RolePlayers. RP is somthing I do when I got time on my hands and am bored of Leveling or Farming money or w/e. Some people on PW might be interested in a RP server too. It is just a suggestion... I wont quit playing PW if the suggestion dose not get though, that would be just dumb... =D
Post edited by Hykku - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• dyson
    dyson Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i agree i think i made a post or incorporated it with one of my posts but i think that would be a cool idea i would defo love that :)
  • Aerie_elandi - Heavens Tear
    Aerie_elandi - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I dont think it so easy as to just get a RP Server . there is PVE and PVP Server and still you can see PVP happen on the PVE . Not that it alot again and i personal had not seen any unlucky screen yet .
    Even with a possible Server for RP i think alot of other mix people end logging on .
    Even on a PVE RP can happen . Last day i was RPing with two other in the middle of Archosaur and other people ended jumping in , out of the blue . Trying to RP along . >> i should had taken a screenie really .

But as far i get , most people just want to level up non stop , i could be wrong but that what i get atlest . But there are people who like to Roleplay but maybe lack some to do it with , i sure know the feeling of not wanting to do infront of people i dont know about . Some do find it irritating to have someone roleplaying infront of them .

If you want to roleplay my bet guess is to find people who is equal minded . Like the faction i am in .

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=67862

As i for one have my doubt a server dedicated to Roleplay would happen . Anyway my best wish for you to find something to your liking b:pleased
  • dyson
    dyson Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well as most people do in Rp games who have OOC in that they usually just ignore that or go with it also a nice function for it I've seen on some games is a function to label your chat as Roleplaying by a simple command.-
  • Hykku - Heavens Tear
    Hykku - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh, so some of you actually RP in the middle of a major city or somthing like that and other people look at you and be like, "WTF?"
  • Brimsheen - Sanctuary
    Brimsheen - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    pretty much. A dedicated group would be nice.
    Souls yearn to live a hero, but even moreso, a soul yearns to die a Legend
    -Brimsheen, Mercenary for hire (16 and rising. My avvy lies)
  • adeley
    adeley Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I would love to get an RP server! As far-fetched as that wish is, methinks. I just dled Perfect World two days ago, and already I am quite eager to RP out my character heh.

A comment on Hykku's post;
    I do feel a lil' embarassed when other people do the, "wtf" to you... *Sigh* we need more like-minded people on here. I like the versatility in PW (i.e the very detailed char creation, the flying, the aesthetic outfits...). I do not miss WoW one single bit (which I haven't played for, like, almost one year! :) ). As well as being boring after one second for me, it also was full of RP drama queens and bastages. Which I suppose you get everywhere, huh?

I started to rant on a little, didn't I? xP Sorry!

Anyway, I made the mistake of making my untamed on the pvp server, minus a point for me.

If anyone wants to rp with me I made a new lady on Sanctuary called Selty.
    So holla back y'all! :P
  • Seravin - Sanctuary
    Seravin - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i love rp. i think its a good idea to add a button for rp. So the Charname will be green or so. White names= nonrp. green names = rp. maybe it will be work.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Forsakenx for making this Wonderful Signature. ^-^
  • Brimsheen - Sanctuary
    Brimsheen - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It'd have to have GMs that are purely dedicated to RP in and of itself. The server couldn't run without proper controlling base behind it. Trust me. The last game I developed I tried getting some RP into, but when it's mainly made up of powerleveling e-noobs with no sense of RP, only a dedicated team can manage to pull it off.
    Souls yearn to live a hero, but even moreso, a soul yearns to die a Legend
    -Brimsheen, Mercenary for hire (16 and rising. My avvy lies)
  • yggdrayuril
    yggdrayuril Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Even with a RP server you'll ALWAYS get non-RPers.
    Might not be the best example but look at WoW's RP and RPPVP servers. They're not really focused on RP at all. You would need to pretty much make the server invite only for it to work and then have GMs monitor it... If you wanted it to be VERY strict RP.
  • lilwashu
    lilwashu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I for one think it would be a great idea that could work. Yes there WILL be non-rpers and even flamers just because there are those people that are only happy when they ruin stuff for others. As for the comment about needing rp gm's, your exactly right! We would need them and I bet we have them! Some one somewhere had to come up with the story for the game right? Also from my expierence rpers in general tend to police themselves. The people that aren't interested in Rp become more or less shunned on an rp server and will try to heckle the rpers but hey we have a black list for that right? As for the differance between an RP and a PVE server there really isnt much of one. I would agree the ability to switch between IC and OOC modes somehow would be an AMAZING idea. But all in all it doesn't sound like an impossible idea. So here's hoping we get an RP server someday! If we dont then we RPer's will have to take over one of the PVE servers! Muwhahahaha!
  • wolfing
    wolfing Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I also like the idea of a RP server. Yes, nobody expects everybody to be a roleplayer in an RP server, but it will certainly have a higher concentration of RP players. I would further the idea of making access to the RP server cost a bit extra, say, $1. It'd be a small filter for non-RP players that just want to mess around, while I'm sure most RPers wouldn't mind that.
  • Gooota - Sanctuary
    Gooota - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There could be guilds themed with a specific rp story
  • Saroki - Sanctuary
    Saroki - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE an RP server, or the whole White Names = Non-RP and Green Names = RP.
    But as far as the guilds go, most RP guilds are almost impossible to find, or have age limits, so there aren't that many players on them, or younger RPers, like myself, can't join.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I used to be in a faction that was RP. Any age was allowed. It was RP as a family, and man did we get into our char. even our quests were considered jobz or chorez. It wuz a lot of fun until our "dad" and "mom" got a divorce. Then the family became a complete chaos, so I left. One of them contacted me later saying how they just said that I died, and the were still mourning over me. LITERALLY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No one noticed the one year necro, then the 2-3 month necro...?

A lot of RPers are younger, and wouldn't be able to participate in a server that cost money to enter...and even older RPers wouldn't be willing to spend money and would end up just RPing on a regular server like everyone else.

If there's no official RP server, then people can come and go from just playing the game to RPing whenever they choose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited October 2009
    No one noticed the one year necro, then the 2-3 month necro...?

A lot of RPers are younger, and wouldn't be able to participate in a server that cost money to enter...and even older RPers wouldn't be willing to spend money and would end up just RPing on a regular server like everyone else.

If there's no official RP server, then people can come and go from just playing the game to RPing whenever they choose.

woopz my bad, and you're exactly right

• daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i love rp. i think its a good idea to add a button for rp. So the Charname will be green or so. White names= nonrp. green names = rp. maybe it will be work.

White name = in PK mode

Also, really, if you want to rp, just start a chat room and if you dont want anyone else to join it, set a password, that's my two cents.
    edited October 2009
    STOP THE NECRO (I think it'z still necro.) plz correct me if I'm wrong

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I play the role of a barbarian that kills stuff for experience and spirit b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • NaturesSoul - Sanctuary
    NaturesSoul - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    wut do you meen by role playing idk wut tht meens
    DO NOT FEED - DaNGER DO NOT TRY TO PET WILL BITEb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    faction:Charisma
    ALTs: lvl 32 veno,lvl 21 archer,lvl 13 cleric,
    lvl 12 BM,lvl 7 wiz,lvl 20 sin,lvl 18 psychic
  • andracil