HP vs Def

Options
gundan
gundan Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Venomancer
How much will the HP I get from taking 2 vit each level help me, compared to taking a light armor build?
Post edited by gundan on

Comments

• Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    1 vit gives 12 hp just like 1 mag gives 12 mp. If you want to see a more accurate look at hp/mp and other various stats, check out this link: Ecatomb Stat Calculator. It's from the PW-MY version I believe, but should still hold true for this version. Just remember that Con = Vit, Int = Mag, and Agi = Dex.
  • gundan
    edited October 2008
    Options
    That wasn't exactly my question, I would like to know how much light armor helps me, compared to 2 vit
  • _blackrose_ - Sanctuary
    _blackrose_ - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    gundan wrote: »
    How much will the HP I get from taking 2 vit each level help me, compared to taking a light armor build?

Your question is a bit confusing, could you explain a little more exactly what you are asking about? It will help people understand what you are trying to say if she didn't answer your question.
    Fear is a mind-killer. - me
  • Brimsheen - Sanctuary
    Brimsheen - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    your defense would deaden the ammount hit, I'd level it up first in the lower levels...although come to think of it, do them both equally.
    Souls yearn to live a hero, but even moreso, a soul yearns to die a Legend
    -Brimsheen, Mercenary for hire (16 and rising. My avvy lies)
  • gundan
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Your question is a bit confusing, could you explain a little more exactly what you are asking about? It will help people understand what you are trying to say if she didn't answer your question.

Build one: 2 vit, 3 mag, occasionally 1 vit, 1 str, 3 mag.
    Build two: 1 dex, 1 str, 3 mag.

My question is:
    How much longer will build two survive? Is it worth getting the light armor over the robes?
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    When you talk about surviving you make it sound like you'll actually be getting hit... And also, you talk about surviving with str/dex i.e. the mid-grade armor over the lightest armor but...
    It all depends on what type of damage you're taking as well. Sure, the mid-grade will give you slightly more defense over the light armor. To see any real benefit from a higher defense you're going to need to go to heavy armor, not the mid-grade and that means focusing largely on strength, not the equal str/dex.
    Mid-grade armor is primarily for Archers who pour massive dex into their character. The mid-grade and pouring dex into your Veno is a waste of time in my opinion since you will VERY RARELY be melee'ing and won't need the accuracy or evasion that the dex will provide. So in short... I would ignore anything that calls for dex in your build UNLESS you're planning on melee'ing. You might as well throw in more strength as well at that point to do more damage per hit with your melee strikes.

Oh, and to answer your question directly... You won't survive any longer with build 2 than with build 1.
  • one4all
    one4all Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    His question was very understandable from the start >.<.
    The answers given are not understandable.
    The conclusion you brought Aenil in the end is not supported by your main arguments in 8 lines of text.

More dex=more crit=always a nice bonus against anything.Especially when u get to choose between heaven or hell at lvl 89.U get even more crit,and not a little either choosing hell.I assume u want to choose Light armor to be able to stand your ground in pvp gundan.In the end u'll be pvping most of the time in foxform,so a hybrid choice is better cause of all the bonus' u get in foxform.Those who choose hell get a whole bunch of bonus' which makes attack rate-crit-and evasion effective combined with light armor.When balancing this with a vit-int robe the mayority of plus points go to Light armor.And this is not mentioning the physical defence u gain from Light armor.But offcourse the physical defence is important too.

Personally I went with Light armor. You're better able to handle your own in PVE,all-around pvp and whatever else pw throws at you.Also this saves you on the need to buy Uber-Robes to be able to pvp against WB,WR or EA's.

Hp increases hp recovery rate.It gives u more hp offcourse.But it does not have the additional bonus' that dex provides decently in the later part of the game.As far as statistics -build 1 vs build 2 comparing defence and hp,and all that.That's something i'll be checking out.

Edit:Choosing the vit-build gains u aproximately 1600 hp vs light armor which gains u 1200 physical defence+high crit+alot more evasion+attack rate.A worthwhile trade-off if you ask me.

One,
  • crimsonsnow
    crimsonsnow Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i would advice you to go with light armor it give you more mp and basicly if ur a veno you wont have to worry much about taking dmg unless your stupid enough to run head in before your pet and the dex really help dogde and crit may not be much but really helps
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've had both a light armor fox and a robe fox, and I have to say the light fox had a lot more benefits to it. One of the best benefits imo is that it's a hybrid attack build, meaning you can switch between melee and casting at whim, and you don't have to switch forms constantly to DPS because you're for example spamming Amplify on a boss for your party. It helps to look at it as a hybrid build between the two skill trees, because that's exactly what it is. You can still socket HP gems on your armor as well if you need it. Personally, if I have to choose between HP and def.. if they are smaller numbers, I may choose the HP. With larger ones, I go with def for pvp reasons (well duh I'm on the pk server lol).

one4all is right about the endgame benefits, though it's still a matter of preference and which you are choosing (heaven/hell), and that's probably a long way away from now for you. If you just want to be a casting veno who has their pet tank for them, I'd say don't bother with light armor. If you're interested in playing both trees actively I say go for it. Just remember that if you equip a non-magic weapon with all that str/dex, you can't heal your pet.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I suppose if you're unclear now, you could go for a Mag (Str as required) only development early on and then fast level Dex or not when you do decide on your final build?
    one4all wrote: »
    .. As far as statistics -build 1 vs build 2 comparing defence and hp,and all that.That's something i'll be checking out. ...

This all sounds like you have some more detailed information on the damage/attack formulas and game mechanics? If so, would you share this (source of) information?
  • one4all
    one4all Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    [http://www.ecatomb.net/character.php

Just an overview at lvl 105.

-Con INT build.(Robe)

STR:104,CON:104,INT:327,AGI:5

HP 3744 MP 6420

Physical Atk 110-110
    Magical Atk 272-272
    Critical Rate 1%
    Normal Atk 1.25 atk/s
    Accuracy Rate 35
    Dodge Rate 30
    Movement 5.1 m/s Physical Def 52

Magical Def
    Metal Res 108
    Wood Res 108
    Water Res 108
    Fire Res 108
    Earth Res 108

Agility INT build.(light armor)

STR:104,AGI:104,INT:327,CON:5

HP 2556 MP 6420

Physical Atk 110-110
    Magical Atk 272-272
    Critical Rate 6%
    Normal Atk 1.25 atk/s
    Accuracy Rate 728
    Dodge Rate 624
    Movement 5.1 m/s Physical Def 28
    Magical Def
    Metal Res 83
    Wood Res 83
    Water Res 83
    Fire Res 83
    Earth Res 83

STATS without any gear whatsoever.Just the build.