Frogs

Options
mountainman
mountainman Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Venomancer
I happened upon a frog when I was just starting out my veno and tamed it. Seriously a lucky day for me I know because all the reading I've done tells me its pretty rare. So I have a couple of questions:

- Are rare pets good pets to have apart from being rare and cool? I mean my frogs attack is so much less then my wolf's. Will it ever get better? At least the def is a lot more though so possibly better for tanking

- Are some rare's better then others? Has anyone posted rare stats at different levels (assuming full loyalty). I ask because some one wanted to trade me a bunny for my frog, but I help back because I've seen a few bunnies with my alt, bt never seen a frog.

- On the lines of rarity how many frogs do you think are out there right now? I seriously never see them.

- Lastly, if I were to sell my frog, what do you think I could get for it? This is merely a curiosity question as I don't have any intent to sell it right now, but maybe down the road I will.

Thank you in advance
Post edited by mountainman on

Comments

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Frog is one of the best magical tankers out there due to its high m.def, decently high p.def and high hp. You'll just have to deal with the lowered attack as a drawback.

Yes, there are only a couple of useful rares - frog, pig, dodo, and dharma (not sure what this is called in this version, but it's the dark purple armored panther). Don't trade your frog for a bunny <_<'. Frogs respawn once every 12 hours, and bunnies have 2 spawns at every hour and 1 spawn at every 2 hours.

Not sure about the price of the frog, since every economy varies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The lvl 60 rare panther is called Kowlin in PWI.

At level 90 the frog's stats will be:
    HP 2732
    ATK 2104
    P. DEF 7097
    M. DEF 8280
    ACC 1821
    EVA 1214
    ATK/S .8
    M/S 7.7

By comparison: The antelope pup has 2447 hp, 2356 atk, and 8662 m. def.
    The Crystalline Golem has 2934 hp, 3240 atk, and 8792 p. def.

You also have to take into account that rare pets come with 3-4 abilities already on them. So you have access to a wider range than a regular pet at their level. Granted... You most likely won't keep all of those abilities when you are said and done... But it's something to think about.
  • Vaelissa - Heavens Tear
    Vaelissa - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Frogs are very well balanced pets overall with the magic defense on the high side, not as high as an Antelope though. I have one and love it, not only is it a decent pet all around, but it's incredibly cute!

Here is a chart with many pet stats for pets leveled up to the same high level. I believe the level is 95, but don't quote me on that.

http://xs432.xs.to/xs432/08413/petchart616.gif

As for the sell value? 600k seems to be the average price point on Heaven's Tear.
  • Aenil - Heavens Tear
    Aenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Those values are to level 90 actually. They're also the old names from the PWMY version.