Upper level for quests?

Options
kargor
kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Is there one? Basically, I got the quest to kill 5 Darkbread Wolfkin. Went to Silk Ridge, saw some, and also found a portal. Curious as I am I jumped in, and ... more of those wolfkins. Tried to kill one, all got aggro and they ripped my golem apart in no time, while hardly taking damage. So I figured that this must be a dungeon meant for parties, looked at the wolfkin coming for me and the portal behind me, and took my leave.

Outside again I revived the Golem (what does it loose on death?), and went for the wolfkin there. They seem to be exactly the same, though --- lost the golem again, and this time I had one on my tail so I ran off. He followed me for a long way; when I reached the town I was wondering where to go next to shake him, but finally he turned around.

So, can I just wait 10+ levels and do the quest then? Or will they expire?
Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
Getting too grindy by now :-(
Post edited by kargor on

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Upon death, your pet loses a certain amount of loyalty (I am not sure how much though, maybe 15% or so?).

The quests do not expire but you don't need to wait 10 levels - perhaps until you are a few levels above the wolfkins.

Also, there are are quite a few guides on the forum about how to lure effectively - have a read in the venomancer section and see what suits you best :).
  • Sixsix - Lost City
    Sixsix - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    That cave is like a mini boss cave. All the monsters in there are really really strong for their level. It's a place you will visit at level 19 for a quest.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Apparently not just lvl 19. I'm lvl 20 now, and the quests sending me to that thing are piling up (at least I think the ones referring to a cave in Silk Ridge are about that dungeon, too...). Just about every stupid NPC wants something from there.

As for the luring... might have missed that part in the Venomancer guide; will check again. I thought the whole group is linked, but haven't really "looked into" the Perfect World aggro rules.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Biovolk - Heavens Tear
    Biovolk - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    if youre talking about the darkbreek wolfkin, they fight together. its pretty difficult to lure just one.
  • choda993
    choda993 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I have the same quest, but i cant find any darkbread wolfkins. Can samobody tell me where can i find it, i know its on the silk ridge, but where exactly?