Duke... SHUT THE HELL UP!

Zehethos - Heavens Tear
Zehethos - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Suggestion Box
My basic point of this thread is to choose a option to close the Red Text so we won't have to listen to Duke Blacke's words like for example:

Duke shouts: 'It has came word that Wraiths are gathering up in Bamboo Village. It is every duty for a hero to please go help!'

So what Duke? I hope you get laied by a Female Wraith and have babies with her because she might be a perfect match for you... Seriously, go do it. I am seriously tired of listen to your stupid messages over and OVER again! Now my idea is to find Duke in Archosaur and talk to him and turn off the messages (ONLY if you haven't talked about turning it off. If you already did, you can go to the Chat options and turn it off from there to reduce time).

Please post your ideas and how to improve them or just comment :D
I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
Post edited by Zehethos - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zehethos - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    No posts? Please post!
    I am a wraith army commander. I command the Wraiths. I order them to kill. I order them to attack. I order them to tell them to shut up. I order them to do anything I tell them to do. I killed many people. You might be next.
  • Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear
    Lady_alexis - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Every post in here never gets read much... By Devs
    How to change your portrait from ? to you.
    1.) logout, login
    2.) on your login picture click "change" (sample)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    or use the manual link (must be logged in)
    ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/avatar.php
    (copy and paste and add the 'h' , Your not allowed links in sigs)
    edited January 2009
    Lol yes please.
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The Duke doesn't shout out that much. It's only once in a while and at random times. I'd rather have an option to turn off the messages from monsters like those snowmen.

P.S. Duke Blacke is a polygamist and has several wives.
    edited January 2009
    Didnt knew that Duke **** THAT many women O_O... Lucky guy *~~*
  • SharAbsalom - Heavens Tear
    SharAbsalom - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    He isn't that bad, but i do hate it when he lies. He told everyone, recently, that it was our duty to defend someplace from the wraiths. Like a good little elf, i high-tailed it there, to find that many others had also answered the call. However, the Duke LIES! There were no Wraiths. He just wanted a laugh! He should get a time-out for that.....
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Stop QQing and go level.

You're still as bad as always.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    evrilysis wrote: »
    Stop QQing and go level.

You're still as bad as always.

Do you even KNOW what your talking about?

Yeah... Thought so... Next time you troll, please think before trolling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @ Original Poster

Are you kidding me? You're sick of Duke? How about we turn off those god damn snow men messages? I can't wait until they're gone!

Duke is a server announcement system. He only talks when there is a server announcement which needs to be automatically made, like when people get married, when people get rare items, or when there is a wraith raid event going on.

The message you referred to is a wraith raid event. During the event, lvl 20 wraith monsters spawn near the town or area Duke lists. They continue to respawn for about 30 minutes. They drop Wraith Dog Tags, which are very rare.
  • Qwerqsar - Sanctuary
    Qwerqsar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @ Original Poster

Are you kidding me? You're sick of Duke? How about we turn off those god damn snow men messages? I can't wait until they're gone!

Agreed. This slows down my game and it is really unfunny after having read the same messages again and again.
    Maybe I would recommend an option to turn of the duke, so those who don't wanna know about him can just shut him up...
    And last, I don't get why I do have to know that someone got a freaky phoenix egg... I really don't care about that. Marriage message... ok. Wraiths... ok... but a maskot?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wait... Duke the shouting guy is Duke Blacke?

My mind is totally blown right now. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • RoxyFox - Sanctuary
    RoxyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @ Original Poster

Duke is a server announcement system. He only talks when there is a server announcement which needs to be automatically made, like when people get married, when people get rare items, or when there is a wraith raid event going on.

The message you referred to is a wraith raid event. During the event, lvl 20 wraith monsters spawn near the town or area Duke lists. They continue to respawn for about 30 minutes. They drop Wraith Dog Tags, which are very rare.
    THANK GOD THE SNOWMEN ARE GONE NOW!!! T.T sooooo much....freaking....spam omg.

Duke = annoying

Snowmen = Me turning suicidal outside of the towns. O.O lol seriously tho, GM's NEVER AGAIN SHOULD YOU HAVE SO MANY FREAKING TALKING THINGS IN ONE DANG PLACE AHHHHH

i get annoyed when it says "So and so has just gotten So and So rare pet" wtf? Why do they say that? so they can get flamed asking to buy it when it's untradable....SMART
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i get annoyed when it says "So and so has just gotten So and So rare pet" wtf? Why do they say that? so they can get flamed asking to buy it when it's untradable....SMART

It's a server announcement. It's not to let us know that they got an egg so we can buy it, it's more of a "Congratulations, you got a rare item. That's quite an accomplishment!"

I bet when people get to the level cap, they'll get a server announcement. Especially the first person. "Let it be known that so and so has reached level xxx! They are truly a force to be reckoned with!"

Or, you know, something like that.

I still can't believe you guys are complaining about Duke. He says something like once every forty minutes. You'd never survive in my guild, the chat box is always flooded with messages.
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wait... Duke the shouting guy is Duke Blacke?

My mind is totally blown right now. o.O
    seconded...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i got an idea... just ignore him?
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I had no idea that people got that pissed off by it or pissed off at all.

Seriously? -_-
  • DeadlyBYT - Sanctuary
    DeadlyBYT - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    heh, why a FEMALE wraith? b:chuckle
    wouldnt it be worse if it was a Male wraith?
    anyway, duke aint that annoying.
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    On the other hand it would be great if we can choose whether or not we want Duke to shout about personal events [ wins, weddings etc ] because, frankly, if I ever choose to lure someone into marriage or win something, it's none of your damn business.