Official Complaint From Ascension Guild RE: TW Bid Abuse

2»

Comments

• rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As a third party sitting on the sideline, watching all of this I would like to enter my two cents.

First off, Ascention (or however it's spelled) I believe you do deserve compensation for this. I will say it was part (small part) on your fault, but most was indeed on the GM who didn't bother to stay. Either way, another guild cheated and broke the rules, causing your guild to lose their rightful chance to expand owned land and I feel sorry for you. (and no, I don't belong to their guild, I've not actually played since closed beta)

Ultima, while you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect it, you're being kinda stupid, you've said your opinion, now leave, all you're doing is causing unneeded drama.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ultima999 wrote: »
    No, I do not support the fake guild bidding as of current game mechanic because the "penalty" is too minimal. If the developers were to change the "penalty" and make it fair then it might be a good strategy for the whole TW concept.

guys only ignore this lil forum troll..he has no experience in tw and bidding but still want to speak..he need hide his real identity because he is a lil nub lvl 3x .and he dont want taste my lvl 8 perdition

1)in this server isnt allowed to make fake guild for bid

2)dwarf guild could not have ammount of money for outbid us because if it was a real would be a nub guild ... nobody seen 1 single member of dwarf so we had no reason for be scared(see point 1).
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Even thought I am not even on the Lost City server, I would also like to see this situation resolved a bit better.

I would like the names of the guilds/players publicly released.

That's like catching a criminal and saying "We'll just throw him in jail for 2 weeks...but everyone, let's respect his privary please...he know what he did was wrong."
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    ultima999 wrote: »
    Sure, the GM left the building because his shift is over. Have you ever go to a store at closing hours and demand them to remain opened so you can buy your stuff? The staff is not under any obligation to serve you after their shift.

A store won't kick out customers that are still in after closing hours....

A policeman will not leave an ongoing crime occurence because his shift is over....

A fireman will not leave a house in fire to burn because his shift is over...

A GM should not leave his post while something against the TOS is happening right before his eyes because his shift is over...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So ultima999 has created a forum username just for this subject. All posts by you are on this topic. Come out of the closet. Who are you? Show yourself. Because your logic and reasoning are way off the bubble. You are determined to twist your brain (and everyone else's) into believing that fake bidding is somehow a strategy to be employed. If that's the case you might fit in better back at PW-MY. Strange that your only forum interest would be about fake bidding.

Maybe he ius the one who was banned for using fake guild? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So ultima999 has created a forum username just for this subject. All posts by you are on this topic. Come out of the closet. Who are you? Show yourself. Because your logic and reasoning are way off the bubble. You are determined to twist your brain (and everyone else's) into believing that fake bidding is somehow a strategy to be employed. If that's the case you might fit in better back at PW-MY. Strange that your only forum interest would be about fake bidding.

It is strange that you keep accusing me of supporting fake guild bidding when in every single of my posts, I clearly said that I'm against it.

My whole point of replying to this thread is because of your incompetent leader who cannot outbid a fake guild, somehow thinks that he can demand the GM to compensate for his stupid mistakes.

If your leader had spent all his gold (eg. 30 mil) to win the bid, and lose 3 mil because of the fee, then asking for gold compensation due to the cost of fake guild bidding is perfectly legit.

However, asking for compensation because he lost the bid due to his mistake is a laughing matter. Your guild as well as your members should accept his mistake instead of defending him and embarass your guild any further.

EDIT: I won't bother responding to the "flames" that are directed at me. You of all should know that I'm helping your guild from embarassing yourself... instead of flaming me, read the reasons, learn the bidding system and see why your Ascension's leader made a mistake.
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm outta this thread....*bangs head repeatedly against brick wall*
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Halcyon - Lost City
    Halcyon - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh everyone just happens to have 30M lying around in their pockets this early into the game? I have already had to cut salaries this week to set aside money for future bidding, which is hugely unfair to the members who received little or nothing of what they deserved.
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh everyone just happens to have 30M lying around in their pockets this early into the game? I have already had to cut salaries this week to set aside money for future bidding, which is hugely unfair to the members who received little or nothing of what they deserved.

That was just an example Halcyon. I made a toon on Lost City and saw that your guild owns 2 pieces of land same for all other strong guilds. Only Conqueror has 3 lands but is far away from you.

The only guild that benefits from fake guild bidding is HolyHell, and they have the same number of land as you. That means bank-wise... Ascension has slight advantage over Holyhell (ie: 100k cost from the fake guild).

If you have said that you ran out of money and lost the bid at last minute then maybe I feel a little more sympathetic for you because you weren't prepared.

However, you blamed the loss due to luck; this clearly shows your incompetence. If you are relying on luck to win a bid then you have a lot to learn about winning a bid.

If I were you, I would spend all my money to win the bid. The extra fee cost is negligible compared to the 10 mil you are gonna get.

It is even more important to win the bid at all cost when you think that the other party is a fake guild.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for their input into this situation.

However, just as Starang stated on the first page of this thread, these types of issues should be raised privately through our Customer Service department.

Please submit a ticket regarding this issue, and a GM will respond to it in a timely manner.

As stated before, the offending guild has been punished and will not be able to bid on any new territories for two weeks. If this guild is caught performing any similar activity in the future, anyone involved will be banned permanently.

Again this is a public forum for discussing the game, not for outing a specific guild and creating excessive drama within the community.

Sincerely,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.