edited October 2008 in Cleric
i'm about to start and was thinking between two different type of Mag build
for every 2 lvl i put in:
2vit, 1 str, and 7 mag
OR
1vit, 1 str, and 8mag
OR
1str, and 9 mag

if anyone goes by one of those build please let me know how it's going for you and the skills u have

thx so many ^_^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Found it in Deviantart by Yee[
Post edited by johnwho on

Comments

• demuffin
    demuffin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    do we need to pump on dex?
  • johnwho
    johnwho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    demuffin wrote: »
    do we need to pump on dex?

people say pets can be our tanker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Found it in Deviantart by Yee[
  • Kahlan_fate - Heavens Tear
    Kahlan_fate - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    johnwho wrote: »
    i'm about to start and was thinking between two different type of Mag build
    for every 2 lvl i put in:
    2vit, 1 str, and 7 mag
    OR
    1vit, 1 str, and 8mag
    OR
    1str, and 9 mag

if anyone goes by one of those build please let me know how it's going for you and the skills u have

thx so many ^_^

I personally am doing 7 Mag 2 Vit and 1 Str, It seems a little more balanced. I am debating even dropping to 6/3/2 instead of 7/2/1
  • Jin_nique - Heavens Tear
    Jin_nique - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It really depends on the type of armour you wanna wear.If you're looking at heavy armour, which gives you highest physical defence but lowest magical defence, then you will have to put something like 5 strength 1 dex and 4 mag. This obviously gives you severly underpowered spells (only half your total skills are used on mag, which means you only achieve 40% of your max. damage potential), and is therefore discouraged.

Then you got arcane armour, which gives you highest magical defence but lowest physical defence. For this type of armour, every 2 lvls you should put something like 1 strength and 9 mag (you don't need dex for arcane armour). This maximises the effectiveness of your attacks, buffs, debuffs and heals but leaves you as fragile as a twig. Then again, clerics don't have to be THAT tough where health is concerned, you got your heals.

Lastly you have light armour, which is something in between. When I say "Something in between", don't misintepret it as "the best of both worlds". It's more of "neither here nor there". However, to wear light armour as a cleric, you should look at 2 strength, 2 dex and 6 mag. Once again you do not realise your full damage potential, but it is not as bad as for heavy armour.

It might be tempting to put some points into VIT in the early levels, but it totally obliterates your damage
    output later when each point of MAG gets more and more valuable. Plus, the amount of HP you gain from
    VIT is simply too low to make any difference. Leave it at 5. Getting the lacking HP solely through your equipment will be much more effective.

Hope this has been helpful. :)
    You can take the soldier out of the fight,
    but you can't take the fight outta the soldier!

-Jin_Nique
  • sihuze
    sihuze Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    It really depends on the type of armour you wanna wear.If you're looking at heavy armour, which gives you highest physical defence but lowest magical defence, then you will have to put something like 5 strength 1 dex and 4 mag. This obviously gives you severly underpowered spells (only half your total skills are used on mag, which means you only achieve 40% of your max. damage potential), and is therefore discouraged.

Then you got arcane armour, which gives you highest magical defence but lowest physical defence. For this type of armour, every 2 lvls you should put something like 1 strength and 9 mag (you don't need dex for arcane armour). This maximises the effectiveness of your attacks, buffs, debuffs and heals but leaves you as fragile as a twig. Then again, clerics don't have to be THAT tough where health is concerned, you got your heals.

Lastly you have light armour, which is something in between. When I say "Something in between", don't misintepret it as "the best of both worlds". It's more of "neither here nor there". However, to wear light armour as a cleric, you should look at 2 strength, 2 dex and 6 mag. Once again you do not realise your full damage potential, but it is not as bad as for heavy armour.

It might be tempting to put some points into VIT in the early levels, but it totally obliterates your damage
    output later when each point of MAG gets more and more valuable. Plus, the amount of HP you gain from
    VIT is simply too low to make any difference. Leave it at 5. Getting the lacking HP solely through your equipment will be much more effective.

Hope this has been helpful. :)

Ty, big help