Lowered Mount Prices Still Not Worth It

Options
Cat - Heavens Tear
Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
The went from being 35 Zen to 30 Zen.. I dont even like land mounts but $30 for one is still waayy to much and ridicolous.

35-30 isnt much of a price decrease either. Its a joke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
-Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
Post edited by Cat - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The went from being 35 Zen to 30 Zen.. I dont even like land mounts but $30 for one is still waayy to much and ridicolous.

35-30 isnt much of a price decrease either. Its a joke.

I guess $ to gold ratio would fix that problem. I wish they rush things out before people gets pissed and goes away.. I hate playing in a public server w/ only 200+ players running around
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    And the new land mount. 50 Gold. But before the price reduction...

Lvl60 mounts + upgrade = 50 Gold

For the same speed as the boa now. :P

So it would be cheaper now to buy a lvl 60 mount and upgrade it than buy a boa. It's only for looks. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • munky86
    munky86 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    wow., so the ratio is 1gold=1$ ? o_O

so not worth it!
  • Atheeni - Heavens Tear
    Atheeni - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    God I so agree... I've had my heart set on that Boa for a while so I was ready to wait for it until they released it... but now they release it today and guess what it's $50 to buy as stupid bunch of pixels in the form of a sparkly 3D snake.

I'm sorry but the cash shop in this game is absolutely ridiculous. You'd think that a better business model would be to put things down in the $5 - $10 range so that you attract more customers not 50 friggin bucks for the players that are loaded.

I would have bought stuff from the cash shop a long time ago if they were in an affordable price range. Take a look at Sword of the New World (another game I play regularly) they used to sell stuff for $20+ and very few people bought anything.... now they sell things in the $5+ range and almost all the players who have played the game (excluding new players for obvious reasons) have bought tones of stuff from the cash shop without even hesitating (me included).

There are a lot of players on here that are in their late teens... and not everyone can afford $30 - $50 for mounts and other cool items. But if things were in the range of $5-$10 people wouldn't even hesitate to spend that money. Yes there are a few of people in this game running around with Polar Bears and Panthers, but those are likely the players that spent nights grinding to lvl 40 in CB.

I appreciate that at least the things like acoustics and inventory stones and such are fairly cheap but all the cool stuff like mounts and nice clothes are so over priced it's not even funny.
  • Zress - Lost City
    Zress - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    [....I'm sorry but the cash shop in this game is absolutely ridiculous. You'd think that a better business model would be to put things down in the $5 - $10 range so that you attract more customers not 50 friggin bucks for the players that are loaded....

Working woman here and I could afford the snake yet I am not forknig out $50 for it., but you make the perfect point hon, Why? the reasoning is beyond me and you are correct, folks today in game are very, very upset over the terrible management of what is in the cash shop. Fashions, and other items they could make a killing on and they ignore that and go for the big buck??? umm excuse me... i dont care if it IS a lmited thing. for $50 you can keep it.

just boggles the mind...
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    pah. i dont have that kind of money. im still in high school and dont currently have a job. that kind of money i would used to get myself a yearbook which equals me sacrificing my lunches to save up that much.

and to make it even worse there is a recession in the US thats affecting the working class. they cant afford to spend a lot on games lest they loose their jobs and so on (i.e banks crashing, layoffs, wage cuts, etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    50$ is cheap for those who are working, but for me.. no-no 50$ is like 1-2 weeks of gas money, and it's gonna be tough for those people who are not living in US and players in PWI~

They should really stop overpricing stuffs~ It's ridiculous even for a limited time mount~
  • frigid
    frigid Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I know I also had my heart set on the boa or the dragon. Then I got home logged in opened the cash shop and OMG 50 gp for the boa. I really think the developers are smoking something really good to come up with these prices. I have better things to spend 50 dollars on. For some people thats a tank of gas for the week. They also announce we lowered the prices on some of the mounts woohoo 5gp. I was amazed to see some people actually spent the 50 dollars or they used in game money to get the boa. Honestly I'm starting to get a bit discouraged to continue playing this game especially if at higher lvls cash item stuff is required to continue playing.
  • Atheeni - Heavens Tear
    Atheeni - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    @Zress: Ya same... that price is just too high period.

@Tomiko: lol I work and that is absolutely not cheap for me... I can go out and get a really nice pair of jeans for that price... so ya they can keep their snake.
  • toshiya
    toshiya Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    God I so agree... I've had my heart set on that Boa for a while so I was ready to wait for it until they released it... but now they release it today and guess what it's $50 to buy as stupid bunch of pixels in the form of a sparkly 3D snake.

I'm sorry but the cash shop in this game is absolutely ridiculous. You'd think that a better business model would be to put things down in the $5 - $10 range so that you attract more customers not 50 friggin bucks for the players that are loaded.

I would have bought stuff from the cash shop a long time ago if they were in an affordable price range. Take a look at Sword of the New World (another game I play regularly) they used to sell stuff for $20+ and very few people bought anything.... now they sell things in the $5+ range and almost all the players who have played the game (excluding new players for obvious reasons) have bought tones of stuff from the cash shop without even hesitating (me included).

There are a lot of players on here that are in their late teens... and not everyone can afford $30 - $50 for mounts and other cool items. But if things were in the range of $5-$10 people wouldn't even hesitate to spend that money. Yes there are a few of people in this game running around with Polar Bears and Panthers, but those are likely the players that spent nights grinding to lvl 40 in CB.

I appreciate that at least the things like acoustics and inventory stones and such are fairly cheap but all the cool stuff like mounts and nice clothes are so over priced it's not even funny.

i 100% agrree with u on this cuz that was what i was thinking too . if the sold things alot cheaper, so much more would be buying rather than having expensive stuff with what?1-3ppl buying (not precise but u get the point )
  • teudaan09
    teudaan09 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    it's because they're chinese. their idea of economy/capitalism haven't been honed to perfection yet so instead of selling a bunch of cheap stuffs to make alot of money they're thinking of selling a couple of expensive stuffs instead
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    50$ is cheap for those who are working, but for me.. no-no 50$ is like 1-2 weeks of gas money, and it's gonna be tough for those people who are not living in US and players in PWI~

They should really stop overpricing stuffs~ It's ridiculous even for a limited time mount~
    $50 isn't that cheap even for a working person, depending on the job.
  • kennym64
    kennym64 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I completely agree with all of you... It's Beyond rediculous... But the Perfect World International team arn't going to do anything about it because they stilll have some rich/loaded people buying these mounts at that price... THey just really need to see that lowering the prices could make them alot of money...xx