Financial Plea to the Developers

2»

Comments

• Jin_nique - Heavens Tear
    Jin_nique - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Haha. Well I've always wanted to learn a little bit of Mandarin Chinese. Since I've always been intrested about China and all. Its a funny way to bribe your students I'd say.

All I have to say is: heh. How ironic. You wanna learn Chinese but I, the Asian One, want nothing to do with it. I'm Mandarin Chinese, but I wasn't born in China. (Read: I may look like a Chinese but in actual fact want nothing to do with them. heh.) b:pleased. Heard of Singapore? :D:D
    You can take the soldier out of the fight,
    but you can't take the fight outta the soldier!

-Jin_Nique
  • Caeria - Heavens Tear
    Caeria - Heavens Tear Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All I have to say is: heh. How ironic. You wanna learn Chinese but I, the Asian One, want nothing to do with it. I'm Mandarin Chinese, but I wasn't born in China. (Read: I may look like a Chinese but in actual fact want nothing to do with them. heh.) b:pleased. Heard of Singapore? :D:D

Well im Viet. People the non-asians keeps on calling me chinese and sometimes i get offended by that. They always seem to assume asians are chinese. And yea ive heard of singapore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Santacruz

.:theempire.ucoz.com:.
  • Jin_nique - Heavens Tear
    Jin_nique - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    non-asians keeps on calling me chinese and sometimes i get offended by that. They always seem to assume asians are chinese. And yea ive heard of singapore.
    Yay three cheers for Asians. I get that alot.
    Me: I'm Singaporean.
    Other Guy: Oh. That's in Asia?
    Me: Yep.
    Other Guy: Which means you're Chinese, right? Which part of China is Singapore?
    Me: My race may state I'm Chinese, but I live in Singapore, which isn't part of China!
    *Confused OG proceeds to afk*

Tell me about it, Caeria. :D
    You can take the soldier out of the fight,
    but you can't take the fight outta the soldier!

-Jin_Nique
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If they were to half the price of Zen they'd have to have twice as many buyers to compensate, more than that to actually increase profits, then there's the whole problem with unbalancing the economy in game as gold prices in the Auction House fall, it will also make in-game potions obsolete and cause major inflation.

I'm all for a drop in Zen prices but I'm sick of the excuses that people are making up to justify their demands towards the PWI team. If you can't afford it then don't buy it, go earn some money in-game and buy gold with that, no one is forcing you to max out your Inventory slots or buy any mounts, you guys are the ones that want it and cry ripoff when you can't afford it, that is just childish.

They have worked out an effective price for Zen which is satisfying their business needs, they have no reason to change it. People are free to spend their money the way they want and there is enough people willing to spend on Zen at the prices they are currently, the boutique items are a luxury, if you can't afford it then don't use it.
  • eizenhorn
    eizenhorn Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yay three cheers for Asians. I get that alot.
    Me: I'm Singaporean.
    Other Guy: Oh. That's in Asia?
    Me: Yep.
    Other Guy: Which means you're Chinese, right? Which part of China is Singapore?
    Me: My race may state I'm Chinese, but I live in Singapore, which isn't part of China!
    *Confused OG proceeds to afk*

Tell me about it, Caeria. :D

Rofl... Let me guess OG is most probably from US... Somehow it's always some guy from US stating something stupid.. well for most americans ignorance is truly a bliss.
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    eizenhorn wrote: »
    Rofl... Let me guess OG is most probably from US... Somehow it's always some guy from US stating something stupid.. well for most americans ignorance is truly a bliss.

It isn't always an amercian who says something stupid like that. Generalizing is never a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • skielier
    skielier Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Umm from what I gathered from this thread there are items you can only buy if you purchase zen with real money right? So if I'm the cheapskate that never buys any Zen will I be able to purchase items that I need to play the game? b:puzzled If that is the case I don't want to bother with this game but if I can play without paying out the real cash I'm all in.

And yes I know I'm a really big cheap skate but hey I don't have the money to do that kind of stuff even if I wanted too.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    skielier wrote: »
    Umm from what I gathered from this thread there are items you can only buy if you purchase zen with real money right? So if I'm the cheapskate that never buys any Zen will I be able to purchase items that I need to play the game? b:puzzled If that is the case I don't want to bother with this game but if I can play without paying out the real cash I'm all in.

And yes I know I'm a really big cheap skate but hey I don't have the money to do that kind of stuff even if I wanted too.
    All cash shop items could be bought with in game coins.
  • Azraelkurai - Heavens Tear
    Azraelkurai - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If we don't get our act back together soon, then China and probably India will take our "high and mighty" position. Probably we ourself might have to learn how to speak Chinese somewhere in the near future.

Lol, too late. This has already happened. In my Ethics class I have this semester, the professor showed us some of the up to date facts. Some of the most interesting were:

1)China will soon become the number one English speaking country in the world.

2)It only takes 25% of the GENIUSES in India to outnumber the entire United States Population.

Scary, isn't it?

Anyway, back to the subject: Lower the zen prices already. America is supposed to be so rich, right? Then why do we have the highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression? All of our American jobs are being shipped over to China and India everyday. Yet, the Asian versions of this game offer affordable zen prices.

But we keep buying, don't we?

To quote Mike Shinoda:
    "They think we're idiots, they keep lying to our faces. Maybe we are idiots, we buy it anyway."
  • cyanr
    cyanr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As to what some people say:

LESS IS MORE!

Indeed the American economies are going down, not only the Americans, but rather the whole world itself is going through a hell-hole due to the economical decline that's been occurring over the past years.

*sigh* the tragic encumbrance ethics, when it comes to money.
    Human intelligence, personifies human incompetence.
    Inarguably, pessimistic, lost caged instinct euphoria.
    Thee who see without knowing, the vague sentence.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Then why do we have the highest unemployment rate since the Great Depression?

The reported unemployment rate for September 2008 was 6.1%. The unemployment rate exceeded that number in 1993, 1992, 1991, most of the 1980s, the second half of the 1970s, 1961, and 1958.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All of our American jobs are being shipped over to China and India everyday. Yet, the Asian versions of this game offer affordable zen prices.

But we keep buying, don't we?

fact checking is your friend. Gattsuru already pointed out the flaws with your unemployoment rate figures.

Also, whats this bit about ALL American jobs being shipped overseas?

sigh....
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All I'm gonna say is that we the Americans don't take things seriously enough especially with eduaction and stuff.

[/face palm]
  • azraelkurai
    azraelkurai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    fact checking is your friend. Gattsuru already pointed out the flaws with your unemployoment rate figures.

Also, whats this bit about ALL American jobs being shipped overseas?

sigh....

I admit I was factually wrong about the unemployment rates, that is my fault for not pointing out the metaphorical sense of it. Moments of debate on heated subjects often cloud my judgment forcing me into leaving out metaphor-defining words such as "practically" or "nearly." My bad. I apologize.

But you take things too literally with the word "all." The word "all" in my statement should be understood as a "considerable amount" (common figure of speech in the English language, used every day in adult conversation).

You really have no idea, though. Here in the area that I live in, I have watched seven companies shut down due to being sent overseas in the last 14 months. The unemployment office here in town has 30-40 people per day doing 4 week reporting, and it's a fairly small town with a population of aprox. 45,000. In such a small town our streets are becoming littered with homeless beggars, I'm watching friends lose everything, watching people drop out of college in order to get a second job at minimum wage just to feed their children. Two years ago we were prospering down here fairly well, but in the last two years things have begun falling apart, giving rise to all this.

So forgive me, but with things like this going on EVERY DAY in our economy, I find it difficult to take disrespectful statements like yours seriously. But don't worry, I won't say anything more on the subject as this is obviously not the place to hold such debates about serious subjects like American economic downfall. I will be sure to keep the conversation within the confines of my fellow Philosophy and Ethics majors. After all, this is just a game.

I apologize.