Welcome to Sanctuary!

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Twilight Temple (West)
Welcome to the server forum for Sanctuary - our third and newest server for PWI.

Feel free to use this forum for any discussion related to the places, people and things within the cozy confines of Sanctuary!
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Alaek - Heavens Tear
    Alaek - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Grats on the new server! ^^

So this is the big thing to be added in tonights maintenance.. :)
  • Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear
    Feraldreamz - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Oh exciting! Can't wait :)
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hah!
    Pve!
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting on the new server!

(I'm not one of them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Keep an eye out for any character with the name "gasm" or "war" in their name. Rumor has it that this species has a feeding tube permanently attached to save trips to the kitchen, and a 1-year;s supply of Depends so they don't have to leave the computer. They have an uncanny ability to be able to stay awake for up to a year at a time with no sleep, and they rarely are seen outside of their natural habitat . The only known sighting has been at night, one was spotted coming out of a dwelling saying "Where am I?" "What am I?" according to our language experts who decoded the mumbling.
    "there is still much to be done"
  • Miar - Lost City
    Miar - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Keep an eye out for any character with the name "gasm" or "war" in their name. Rumor has it that this species has a feeding tube permanently attached to save trips to the kitchen, and a 1-year;s supply of Depends so they don't have to leave the computer. They have an uncanny ability to be able to stay awake for up to a year at a time with no sleep, and they rarely are seen outside of their natural habitat . The only known sighting has been at night, one was spotted coming out of a dwelling saying "Where am I?" "What am I?" according to our language experts who decoded the mumbling.

lol nice :P
    well from pvp i decided on this cause i think most casual gamers like me will play on a pve server :|
    well not much no lifers i guess so good to go :)
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Seems like fewer people on Lost City since this server became available. I wonder why... <.<
  • salanion
    salanion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    what is the difference between PvP and PvE server?? (i mean practically, i know what PvP and PvE means)
    is it ever possible to PK on a PvE server? if yes, maybe i am going to play here... dont know... help me to choose server please... I like RP, i dont like to be PKed all the time but i want PvP sometimes... is Sanctuary the right server for me?
    just BTW: i am starting the download tomorrow...

• kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    PvP is not the same as PK.

PK means you can be attacked anytime, whether you like it or not. You can do PvP on non-PK (aka PvE) servers as well by requesting a "duel", joining a guild that does Territory wars etc.

The *only* difference between the servers is PK; civilized forms of PvP are not affected at all.

Now, you *can* PK on the "PvE" servers as well. Starting at lvl 30, people have an option to enable PK for *them* --- PK can only happen between people that have enabled this option. Once enabled, it cannot be disabled for 10 hours.
    Note, again, that even with enabled PK you cannot attack people that have PK disabled.

I don't know how many people on the non-PK servers have PK enabled; in theory, most people probably have it disabled.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Daedalis - Sanctuary
    Daedalis - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Good work on the server, awesome game.b:victory
    Deadalis...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • litosoulja
    litosoulja Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Should I play on this server or Heavens?
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I'm curious where is this server located? Geographically.
  • Crisaor - Sanctuary
    Crisaor - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Well, I'm happy to have chosen this server when I started.
    I was lucky, since I had no idea that there where PvP and PvE servers...
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I need a higher post count. b:sad
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I need a higher post count. b:sad

No. You need to get back to leveling.
    I'm curious where is this server located? Geographically.

I can't find it now, but I vaguely remember a FAQ posted by xarfox which said all the servers would be in the San Francisco area. That was, obviously, long before they decided to colonize the East Coast.
  • XAsch - Sanctuary
    XAsch - Sanctuary Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    No. You need to get back to leveling.

I just hit 90. Isn't that fast enough? b:cute
  • dreamer21
    dreamer21 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    hello:) sancturay is shut down nowb:cry but when i can play ?b:surrender
  • blue20
    blue20 Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i wish to know when the server will be back up and running?
  • Nyrilia - Sanctuary
    Nyrilia - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Maintenance?
  • Venom_foxy - Sanctuary
    Venom_foxy - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Maintenance?

maintenance over :)
  • twistedevilpriestess
    twistedevilpriestess Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I've been checkin out the forums for a few hours now while downloading and installing the game and come to the conclusion that Sanctuary is the server I will be playing on! Should be in game soon, just getting the latest updates installed then on to the game! b:pleased
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Welcome to Sanctuary, the most peaceful of all the servers (I think the name does it justice). b:thanks

If any newcomers have any questions as to anything Sanctuary related, feel free to message me on the forums, or if you can find me in game.
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Welcome to SafeZoneary, the server with the most safe zone hugging ppl of all the servers .

If any newcomers have any questions as to anything SafeZoneary related, feel free to message me on the forums, or if you can find me in game.

Fixed b:cute .
  • BlindFate - Sanctuary
    BlindFate - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Any clue when they will release the Tideborn on us?
  • Dampyr - Sanctuary
    Dampyr - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When will a new server be added? It's been over a year since Sanctuary! I understand that new servers break-down the population from a server to the next but sometimes it also brings in a new player base... I was just curious as to whether there were any news of it coming along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sanctuary Server
    Guild Leader of: Utopian Society.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    When will a new server be added? It's been over a year since Sanctuary! I understand that new servers break-down the population from a server to the next but sometimes it also brings in a new player base... I was just curious as to whether there were any news of it coming along.

At this time there is not enough demand for a new server. Harshlands (PvP) and Dreamweaver (PvE) opened not even 6 months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anzu3
    anzu3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    In the PvP servers, is there no choice in turning the PvP feature on or off, what is the diffrence?

I am updateing the client now, just installed. So, I am trying to decide on what server, preferably PVE, to join in...

b:victoryb:victory
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    anzu3 wrote: »
    In the PvP servers, is there no choice in turning the PvP feature on or off, what is the diffrence?

I am updateing the client now, just installed. So, I am trying to decide on what server, preferably PVE, to join in...

b:victoryb:victory

On the PVP servers, once you hit level 30, your in pvp mode and that can't be changed.

On the PVE servers at level 30 you have the OPTION to turn PK mode on or off at (almost) any time. You do have 10 hours from the time you turn PK mode on until you can turn it off.

~Saitada
  • RoyalStorm - Sanctuary
    RoyalStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey guys I just wanted to say hi! I'm new to pwi! but I'm loving it so far! I've got my cleric atm b:victory but I'm planning on making a Psychic and having it be my main when they get released! b:laugh (of course right?!) anyway just want to hang out and have a good time feel free to talk to me here and in game! =)
    Hope to talk to you all soon!
  • dru1972
    dru1972 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Just wanted to say, I ahve had a character on Sanctuary for a lil over a month now. I changed to Tideborn Assasin as soon as they came out and now that is my main. I dont play but a couple days here and there thats why I am low level but I am Quest leveling, not Orb leveling so leveling is a lil slow, but alot of fun. My advice is to make a macro as soon as you can if your an assasin mobs die much faster LOL.