Server Maintenance - COMPLETE!

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Please note that server maintenance is a weekly occurrence that will take place each Tuesday night from 11 p.m. and will last roughly two hours with service restored at approximately 1 a.m. (PDT).

Upon restoration of service typically a new patch will be made available for download and install.

Also, patch notes are typically posted just prior to the reactivation of service and can be found at:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/patch
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Yoitsu - Heavens Tear
    Yoitsu - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hiya,

Do you have some sort of "spam thread" for us who are bored and can't stop thinking about connecting back on the game.

I know you should seek professional help when it comes to this but hey... b:laugh

Could you set up a thread like this? It's always more fun to interact with GMs b:cute
    [SIGPIC]HighElves Faction[/SIGPIC]
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Is it possible for the maintanence to occur in a specific day and time like previously mentioned because it sometimes occurs on Tuesday or earlier than usual. b:cute
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Is it possible for the maintanence to occur in a specific day and time like previously mentioned because it sometimes occurs on Tuesday or earlier than usual. b:cute

Please read the original post in this thread if you haven't already done so.

Server maintenance is a regularly scheduled event. Due to technical reasons we postponed maintenance this week to Tuesday. Unless you hear from us otherwise always assume that it will take place on its scheduled time.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • dvorak
    edited November 2008
    Just to note - changed the Subject of this thread to reflect the fact that Routine server maintenance has been moved from Monday nights to Tuesday now.

Our next server maintenance will be next Tuesday night, November 11.

peace! b:victory
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Doesn't that conflict with the underwater Dragon Palace event?
  • dvorak
    edited November 2008
    Doesn't that conflict with the underwater Dragon Palace event?

It won't. The Dragon Palace event will finish right before our servers get refreshed.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• sarek
    sarek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    uh this is probably the wrong place to ask this but what is the "underwater Dragon Palace event"?

thanks in advance
    IGN: SomebodyCB
    Class: Slayer
    Level: 35
    Guild: None
    Server: Atlantis_1
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Dvorak wrote: »
    It won't. The Dragon Palace event will finish right before our servers get refreshed.

The Dragon Palace Event runs from 8:00pm to 12:00am. Or 20:00-24:00 PST. If Maintenance starts at 11:00pm the event is cut an hour short and isnt finished..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Due to the feedback we have been receiving with the timed events such as Territory War bidding, Crazy Stones quest, and various others not working properly, tonight's maintenance will attempt to fix these issues. Unfortunately this means that the Dragon Event will have to be cut short as it is one of the events in question. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience as we try to work to resolve this.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    kantorek wrote: »
    Due to the feedback we have been receiving with the timed events such as Territory War bidding, Crazy Stones quest, and various others not working properly, tonight's maintenance will attempt to fix these issues. Unfortunately this means that the Dragon Event will have to be cut short as it is one of the events in question. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience as we try to work to resolve this.

as an FYI the Dragon Event has always been ending an hour early due to issues with game-server clock synchronization. we hope to have this fixed after tonite's maintenance.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    as an FYI the Dragon Event has always been ending an hour early due to issues with game-server clock synchronization. we hope to have this fixed after tonite's maintenance.

about time
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Can we hope for a retiming of the TW planning time so it can be more playable for North American East Coast and European players ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Can we hope for wardrobe and cupboard maybe? Or maybe a change so the cooldown on apothecary pots only affects the one used and not all crafted pots?
  • Lecher - Sanctuary
    Lecher - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ok a month ago it was supposed to be regularly scheduled for monday nights...

you did it on tues

the following week it was scheduled for monday night..

you did it sunday

the following week it was scheduled for monday night...

you did it sunday again

now it's scheduled for monday night...

it's tuesday and you're doing it again AND the original thread line now says it's scheduled for TUESDAYS?!?!?!

i'm glad i can arrange my work schedule at the drop of a hat so i have a day off and can play... WHEN THE SERVERS ARE DOWN!
  • sexyardana
    sexyardana Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    And please, can you make the manuel download available for the new patch, the client updater always works like **** and keep hanging in the middle of the update... :)
  • dvorak
    edited November 2008
    Our regular scheduled server maintenance for this week is being delayed by 1 day due to technical issues.

As a result our servers will be shut down on Wednesday (nov. 19) from 11 p.m. - 1 a.m.

apologies for the inconvenience!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Whiteknight - Heavens Tear
    Whiteknight - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    and here we go again with there server time chages for updates. I was wondering why there was no patch this mornin when I got home.
  • Image - Lost City
    Image - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Is there a mirror site for the manual patch?
    Thanks
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The official one is not yet out though I did an upload for it which you will find here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=114841

Just look at the second post there. b:victory
  • dvorak
    edited November 2008
    Just a reminder - regularly scheduled maintenance will be held tonight (Tuesday, Nov. 25) from 11 p.m. - 1 a.m. Pacific Time.

Let the good times roll....
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Slefton - Heavens Tear
    Slefton - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ugg i wanna play so bad right now.....i would not have went out to party if i know i would be shut down when i came back
  • Melethiel - Lost City
    Melethiel - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well I'm happy that maint. is during the afternoon for me. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • SydArrow - Heavens Tear
    SydArrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Could the status of the server on the website be update to reflect the maintenance. It still says online when the server is under maintenance.
  • Noboyuki - Sanctuary
    Noboyuki - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    is there a reason for maintenance on tuesdays? reason i asked is that World of Warcraft always have there maintenance done on tuesdays as well..
  • Narcissistic - Sanctuary
    Narcissistic - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    why isn't it up yet? lol
  • DeadlyBYT - Sanctuary
    DeadlyBYT - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    why isn't it up yet? lol

well the said it would be here at the crack of dawn...so im guessing 6-8am their time (pacific) so 9-11 my time (eastern)
    I quote the last post for "crack of dawn" here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=140042&page=2

or maybe they're just running late and they need patience?
  • QueenAsper - Heavens Tear
    QueenAsper - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    but its been more than 2 hours, i want santa claus T.T
  • yuin
    yuin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    same =( lol *twitches fingers in agonizing wait*
  • DeadlyBYT - Sanctuary
    DeadlyBYT - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Lol everyone..the creators are working hard on a big project. We all wanna play with Santa but just show some patience. It'll make their job easier and faster. Ergo, Santa comes quicker b:thanksb:laugh
  • MindFlayer - Lost City
    MindFlayer - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'll be Santa Claus if anyone wants to play with me :)
This discussion has been closed.